Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Kellogg School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Kellogg School Moderator
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all McCombs Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
finmaster wrote:
shank001 wrote:
I called the admissions office to ask the doubt.
They will send the email to upload official transcripts within 24-48 hours. There is no specific timeline to upload the transcripts. But if it is taking more time then they will push the application to round 2.

By official trascript, I take it you mean scanned copies, right?

Yes. Scanned copies of official transcripts. The same transcripts will have to be mailed after you are admitted.
Its confusing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
My transcripts are from 2011 and I read somewhere that UT requires transcripts which are less than 1 year old.
Is it true. Did you guys get the transcripts recently.
What do you mean by mailing the SAME transcripts. We can mail any official transcript right. They all tell the same thing.
The whole transcript thing is confusing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.44
WE:Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
finmaster wrote:
Is it just me or they really haven't asked for extracurricular activities and interests anywhere?

No they weren't asked.

They would get an idea from your essays and then interview are always there. :roll:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
I was told to order official transcripts from college, scan them and upload after submitting the application.
Not sure what do they mean by official vs unofficial.
I already have old transcript from my college. They are old but satisfy the requirement.

Instructions - https://www.utexas.edu/ogs/admissions/pd ... upload.pdf

Point 10 - Do not mark or alter your transcript other than redacting the SSN. If you receive an offer of
admission, you will be required to submit an official paper copy of your transcript. The official
transcript will be compared to the document you uploaded. Any alterations or omission of
information on the transcripts submitted to The University of Texas at Austin could be grounds
for cancellation of your application and/or the withdrawal of the offer of admission.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I'm in a bit of soup here. My manager had to rush out of station for some personal emergency and despite his reassurances, I noticed that he still has no submitted his recommendation in the system :(
I am about to submit my application bu fear it will be pushed to the next round. Does anyone have any idea if the adcom can consider such a case?
I will write to them in the meantime.
Kellogg School Moderator
Send PM
So I was fortunate enough to hear it from an adcoms member himself:-

1. You need to upload the scanned copies of your transcripts, the ones that your university gave you (in my case this happens to be the transcripts that I got during the four years of my undergrad education).

2. They will review your app, invite you for interview and, if they believe you're fit to be admitted, they will hold your decision and not intimate you of the final decision. They will wait for your university to mail the actual official transcripts to UT Austin.

3. Once the UT Austin receives the official transcripts, from your undergrad university, they are going to tally it with the scanned copies that you're uploading right now.

4. Everything being fine, they will make you an offer of admission.
Kellogg School Moderator
Send PM
mybjourney wrote:
I'm in a bit of soup here. My manager had to rush out of station for some personal emergency and despite his reassurances, I noticed that he still has no submitted his recommendation in the system :(
I am about to submit my application bu fear it will be pushed to the next round. Does anyone have any idea if the adcom can consider such a case?
I will write to them in the meantime.

Your best bet is to call up the admissions office and ask them whether they offer any grace period.
Kellogg School Moderator
Send PM
sahilkakkar wrote:
finmaster wrote:
Is it just me or they really haven't asked for extracurricular activities and interests anywhere?

No they weren't asked.

They would get an idea from your essays and then interview are always there. :roll:

I actually kinda like it. Makes filling that online form so much easier.

lol my typical lazy self! Meh!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
finmaster wrote:

1. You need to upload the scanned copies of your transcripts, the ones that your university gave you (in my case this happens to be the transcripts that I got during the four years of my undergrad education).

2. They will review your app, invite you for interview and, if they believe you're fit to be admitted, they will hold your decision and not intimate you of the final decision. They will wait for your university to mail the actual official transcripts to UT Austin.

3. Once the UT Austin receives the official transcripts, from your undergrad university, they are going to tally it with the scanned copies that you're uploading right now.

I didnt quite understand point 2.
The instructions say "If you receive an offer of admission, you will be required to submit an official paper copy of your transcript. "
But in point 2 you say that they will not intimate you of the final decision until your university sends the final document. This is contradicting.

Your case is similar to mine. Are you going to upload the scanned copy of your transcripts from point 1 during the application submission and later during the official submission?
Kellogg School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
shank001 wrote:
finmaster wrote:

The instructions say "If you receive an offer of admission, you will be required to submit an official paper copy of your transcript. "
But in point 2 you say that they will not intimate you of the final decision until your university sends the final document. This is contradicting.

Your case is similar to mine. Are you going to upload the scanned copy of your transcripts from point 1 during the application submission and later during the official submission?

So basically they will make their mind up about your candidacy but they won't tell you. They will wait, wait , wait...till UT Austin receives official sealed envelopes of transcripts from your undergrad univ. Once UT Austin has those envelopes, they will tally those 'official' transcripts with the ones you're uploading now and two days later.

See basically, UT Austin doesn't allow McCombs to make an offer admission until UT Austin can verify your transcript data. That's also why UT Austin will ask for your scanned copies in that email two three days after submission.

I'm going to upload my usual transcripts PDF now and again two days later. Within the next few days, I'll visit my university and ask them to send a copy of the transcripts to UT Austin.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
finmaster wrote:
shank001 wrote:
finmaster wrote:

So basically they will make their mind up about your candidacy but they won't tell you. They will wait, wait , wait...till UT Austin receives official sealed envelopes of transcripts from your undergrad univ. Once UT Austin has those envelopes, they will tally those 'official' transcripts with the ones you're uploading now and two days later.

See basically, UT Austin doesn't allow McCombs to make an offer admission until UT Austin can verify your transcript data. That's also why UT Austin will ask for your scanned copies in that email two three days after submission.

I'm going to upload my usual transcripts PDF now and again two days later. Within the next few days, I'll visit my university and ask them to send a copy of the transcripts to UT Austin.

Yep. I got a reply from the member of adcom (a current student) stating the same thing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.6
WE:Investment Banking (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
finmaster,

What bout international applicants? How that works ? I am not even sure my university(Indian) responds to any body ..

Kinda worried now.. (Also, found s typo in the essay)

Posted from my mobile device
Kellogg School Moderator
Send PM
Sid6 wrote:
finmaster,

What bout international applicants? How that works ? I am not even sure my university(Indian) responds to any body ..

Kinda worried now.. (Also, found s typo in the essay)

Posted from my mobile device

Most Indian universities do respond. Get in touch with them. You were anyways going to do this at some point. McCombs only makes you do this a bit sooner.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I have submitted my application on 14th Oct, 00.13 hrs IST and received a mail around 02.00 hrs IST. However, when i clicked the "what i owe" link in the mail and was directed to login using my EID, I found this message in the display - "Our records indicate that you do not have a billing record with the University of Texas Austin" and it is still showing the same status. Any clue what is the error?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 72 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Finally everything showing as received! :D
And what is this about actual transcripts being mailed to them? Shouldn't they inform us first that okay, send them in now?

https://www.mccombs.utexas.edu/MBA/Full- ... ns/Process

Check this link -> Under 'After Applying' and 'Upload Transcripts to UT-GIAC', it clearly states:

"Please do not mail official transcripts or paper copies of your transcripts before you are offered admission. Sending paper copies of documents you have uploaded will significantly delay the processing of your application"

Where is the problem arising? It's pretty clear to me by the looks of it.
Kellogg School Moderator
Send PM
Submitted. I reported my GMAT score back in August and it still doesn't show on my status page!

...and I thought we lived in the internet age.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
Send PM
Hey guys, I submitted mi app 30 minutes ago but in the Application Checklist it appears: Application Submitted 10/15/2014.

It is still 10/14 in CST, I don't know why this is happening.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  49   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts