Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT Date: 07-26-2014
GPA: 3.54
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
Re: Calling all Yale SOM Applicants -(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
gracerx wrote:
Just got my invite through as well :) I'm ecstatic! I submitted on the 18th and completed my video questions on the 19th. I'm in London, so likely to email tomorrow to arrange an interview here (though a campus tour and day in New Haven is very tempting!).

In case it's encouraging to anyone who's still waiting, I severely bombed my third video question, and had basically written Yale off consequently. My invitation tonight was an incredibly pleasant surprise.

Best of luck to all of you!

Congrats! They do have a day planned in London in early November, I believe!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
The wait is killing me!

Yale surely wouldn't have given out interview invitations to only 9% (14/154) candidates in Round 1 -- as I see on the first page of this thread. Does anyone know till when can I realistically expect an interview call? Also, is it sent out in weekly batches or in a flurry over a few days? Yale says that interviews may be granted until result day -- but that would be only for the rarest of candidates I guess.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
Hi! International applicant here. I got an invite on 10/7/14 and requested for a skype interview. But I haven't got a reply yet. Should I be concerned?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.18
WE:Supply Chain Management (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
anarchy wrote:
The wait is killing me!

Yale surely wouldn't have given out interview invitations to only 9% (14/154) candidates in Round 1 -- as I see on the first page of this thread. Does anyone know till when can I realistically expect an interview call? Also, is it sent out in weekly batches or in a flurry over a few days? Yale says that interviews may be granted until result day -- but that would be only for the rarest of candidates I guess.

No one knows. This is a tough wait!!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Send PM
onion253 wrote:
Hi! International applicant here. I got an invite on 10/7/14 and requested for a skype interview. But I haven't got a reply yet. Should I be concerned?

That does seem really strange - each time I sent Yale an email, I got a response saying they'll respond within 48 hours. Did you get that auto-response? If it's been more than 2-3 business days since you sent them your email, it might be worth giving a call.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
jjd212 wrote:
anarchy wrote:
The wait is killing me!

No one knows. This is a tough wait!!

Last year at this time they only had 9 (yale-class-of-2016-calling-all-applicants-151332-220.html#p1279905)

wonbinofchina wrote:
This is unbelievable. There are only 9 applicants reporting their interview invitation!!!
I strongly feel that i am rejected. :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [1]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
To those who are stressing out, I know this is an anxious time. I was in your shoes a week ago. Please be patient and do not assume that you have been dinged. It seems as though invites are going out in weekly batches and that there is no order to the madness.

GrantMeAdmission, I have been following your blog and your journey. Best of luck.
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
politricks wrote:
To those who are stressing out, I know this is an anxious time. I was in your shoes a week ago. Please be patient and do not assume that you have been dinged. It seems as though invites are going out in weekly batches and that there is no order to the madness.

GrantMeAdmission, I have been following your blog and your journey. Best of luck.

Thanks Politricks, hope reigns :) To pass time, do you mind telling us a bit about yourself? If I'm not wrong you mentioned earlier that non-profit isn't your goal?
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I agree with Politricks. Yale's interview invitation pattern is a double-edged sword - on one hand, you know you have a shot till the final notification date (and I have heard of people getting interviews up till the actual date, though a majority of the invites are probably sent out by November), and on the other hand, it's nerve wracking for sure.

Hang in there, and wishing for the best for all of you!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 197 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Corporate Finance (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
politricks wrote:

Ah thank you politricks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
cherkasy wrote:
politricks wrote:

Thanks Politricks, hope reigns :) To pass time, do you mind telling us a bit about yourself? If I'm not wrong you mentioned earlier that non-profit isn't your goal?

Do you want the adcom answer or the real answer? Ha!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
I remember reading from last years thread that Yale tries NOT to interview many candidates. Does anyone know this to be true? And if so, if you do not get an interview do you STILL have a chance of gaining admissions come the notification date?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 200
Send PM
whiplash2411 wrote:
onion253 wrote:

That does seem really strange - each time I sent Yale an email, I got a response saying they'll respond within 48 hours. Did you get that auto-response? If it's been more than 2-3 business days since you sent them your email, it might be worth giving a call.

No, I did not get the auto-reply. I will send them a follow-up email and see what happens. :/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [0]
Send PM
PeterHAllen wrote:
I remember reading from last years thread that Yale tries NOT to interview many candidates. Does anyone know this to be true? And if so, if you do not get an interview do you STILL have a chance of gaining admissions come the notification date?

I think at most elite schools, getting an interview puts your odds close to 50/50. However, just as in other elite schools, going through an interview is a requirement for admissions.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
onion253 wrote:
whiplash2411 wrote:
onion253 wrote:

No, I did not get the auto-reply. I will send them a follow-up email and see what happens. :/

I got my invite on the 13th, emailed requesting a London interview on the 14th, and got a reply about 12 hours later. So yes, I would say it's definitely worth following up!

My interview is set for November 3rd in London.

Incidentally, I've also registered for the Yale SOM admissions event in London on the evening of the same day. Is anyone else on here planning to attend?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 345 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V44
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3
Send PM
politricks wrote:
PeterHAllen wrote:

I think at most elite schools, getting an interview puts your odds close to 50/50. However, just as in other elite schools, going through an interview is a requirement for admissions.

You're right. Only makes sense.

From the Yale SOM website:

Yes. All applicants who are offered admission will have had an interview. Interviews are granted by invitation of the Admissions Committee.
Intern
Intern
GRE 1: Q165 V170
Send PM
politricks wrote:
cherkasy wrote:
politricks wrote:

Do you want the adcom answer or the real answer? Ha!

Real :)
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  51   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts