Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:05 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:05

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Duke '17 (II)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
kumara wrote:
Was interviewed yesterday with an alum.
Unlike everyone else's experience mine was a little different. The interview went on for 1.5+ hrs. Was told should not last more than 45 mins. Asked me about a number of points in the resume. A small case where as a manager what one would do and the course of actions.
The normal why MBA, why duke, short term long term etc. Why short term/(why not something else). Why undergrad.
Discussed 3 projects on my resume in detail. The learnings, issues etc.
A few questions around strategising a project and how one should do.
The best part though was the insights and experiences he shared about fuqua.
One long interview to say the least,but fine otherwise. Dint take the application with me, the resume in itself sufficed to extend it for 1.5 hrs.. :)

Thanks for reporting back kumara. That's one hell of an experience. I haven't read anything close it.
Which city did this interview take place, if you don't mind me asking?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
neo656 - It was in Bangalore..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
kumara wrote:
neo656 - It was in Bangalore..

Thanks a tonne kumara ... so just now have to beware if they tell that I need to visit Bangalore for an interview ... ;)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hahah..not really..I have not been able to fathom though if the interview went well considering a couple of others I spoke to who were interviewed in Bangalore had a normal 30-40 mins one. Guess my answers were a wee too long..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
so you were the naughty kid wasting that poor guy's time ... :lol: hahahaha
Manager
Manager
Send PM
kumara wrote:
Hahah..not really..I have not been able to fathom though if the interview went well considering a couple of others I spoke to who were interviewed in Bangalore had a normal 30-40 mins one. Guess my answers were a wee too long..

Hi kumara, sending you a PM. I have my interview at Bangalore as well, so I just want to check in!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Hello People,

I had my interview on campus last saturday. It was very Duke like.Pretty standard questions. The second yr who was interviewing me created a total stress free zone. She had a background in Energy so she could relate to my stories well.
My two cents: stay true to who you are during the interview because that is very reflective of the Duke culture--a fit is precisely what they are looking for. Good luck to all those interviewing .
Cheers !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Huh. Now that is pretty random. Thanks for the heads up anyway! I fully intend to take my resume but I'm definitely on the fence about taking the entire app with me.[/quote]
I'd suggest to take the app too, just in case the person asks. If he does, then let him know that it was advised to be blind interview, but you still brought a copy for his sake.[/quote]

You're probably right... better be safe than sorry I guess! Thanks!

This seems odd... Why would interviewer want the package? So just resume is not enough? Do I have to bring the Essays and transcript with me as well? :shock: :shock: :shock:
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ChunC wrote:
This seems odd... Why would interviewer want the package? So just resume is not enough? Do I have to bring the Essays and transcript with me as well? :shock: :shock: :shock:

It is odd, but that's why alumni interviews are pretty unpredictable. You never know when an interviewer might decide to do his/her own thing. I guess it's safer to carry it along with you and only show it to him/her if he/she asks for it. Strictly speaking, it's against Fuqua's interviewing policy (since it's supposed to be blind) but ultimately, it's up to the discretion of the interviewer.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
Any EA applicants received an email asking for uploading your resume before interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
FROM Fuqua Current Student Blogs: Why I Chose Fuqua
As a proud Duke alumna, there was never any doubt in my mind that I would consider Fuqua when I was thinking about pursuing an MBA. I had a wonderful experience during my four undergraduate years at Duke, with highlights from fellow students selflessly tutoring me the day before our organic chemistry final to road tripping to Indianapolis with a group of friends to cheer on our men’s basketball team in the championship game.

I knew that as I researched business schools that I wanted a similar community for my MBA experience. Throughout my interactions with Fuqua administrators, admissions, alumni, and current students, I felt that the team mentality, community dedication, and interdisciplinary academics I sought thrived at Fuqua.

In addition to the teamwork culture I was looking for, I wanted an MBA that would allow me to delve deeper into healthcare, an interest cultivated from undergraduate genetics research and my work experience since. Fuqua’s Health Sector Management (HSM) certificate program caught my eye. As the largest health industry program among top U.S. business schools, HSM offers a wide variety of interdisciplinary opportunities to learn from leading experts in the field, to partner with various healthcare institutions and companies, and to deeply explore current and future issues of the industry.

My HSM coursepack and nametag
While I had a few years of work experience in retail pharmacy with Target Pharmacy and CVS Health (previously CVS Caremark), I felt that I had barely scratched the surface of the U.S. healthcare industry and was eager to learn more. I was excited to attend HSM bootcamp, a week-long crash course on the U.S. healthcare industry held the week before orientation. It covers at a high level different issues impacting payers (insurance companies), providers (doctors and hospitals), and other stakeholders. It was a very eye-opening and intense week filled with meeting other fellow Fuquans interested in healthcare and learning about experiences not only from the professors and speakers but also from my peers.

Now that I have been on campus for a couple months experiencing a small taste of what’s to come, I’m excited to embark on this two-year journey with Team Fuqua!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3
Send PM
ChunC wrote:
Any EA applicants received an email asking for uploading your resume before interview?

I submitted my resume as part of the application. I interviewed on campus since I'm in the US, but at no point was I asked to upload a resume in addition to the one I already entered as part of the application.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
FurrowedBrow wrote:
ChunC wrote:

It is odd, but that's why alumni interviews are pretty unpredictable. You never know when an interviewer might decide to do his/her own thing. I guess it's safer to carry it along with you and only show it to him/her if he/she asks for it. Strictly speaking, it's against Fuqua's interviewing policy (since it's supposed to be blind) but ultimately, it's up to the discretion of the interviewer.

I say take it out of the interviewer's hands and DO NOT bring a copy of the application. You will only be hurting yourself by widening the scope of the interview. Keep as much control of the situation as possible.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
DLEmba wrote:
FurrowedBrow wrote:
ChunC wrote:

I say take it out of the interviewer's hands and DO NOT bring a copy of the application. You will only be hurting yourself by widening the scope of the interview. Keep as much control of the situation as possible.

Yeah I'm not really sure why you would need to bring the app. You won't find anything that says you need to. I had my interview about 3 weeks ago now. I did get an e-mail from the school telling me to upload my resume for the interview, separate from the app. I sent that in, my interviewer had a copy of it day of, and had already reviewed it before we started. Everything went smoothly.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 29
Send PM
Completed my interview with a Fuqua Alum today . Duration was nearly 75 Mins . Overall a very pleasant conversational interview
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.73
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
Was in for Early Admission...any other EA applicants hear back yet?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 83 [2]
Given Kudos: 18
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Other (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
I recently visited Fuqua a few weeks ago. Here are some of my thoughts. Feel free to PM or reply if you want more detail:

1. Fuqua is amazing. I was there for two days and the only thing I can compare it to is orientation weekend before freshman year of college. It was a blast of cool people, good vibes, and an amazing time. Had so much fun meeting first years and fellow prospectives. The school's motto is definitely "work hard, play hard." I could definitely see myself as a student at Fuqua surrounded by awesome peers.

2. The interview itself threw me off a little. I had just spent several hours before the interview hanging out with chill Fuqua students shooting the breeze. The interviewer was a nice guy, but a little serious. It wasn't the laid-back, Fuqua culture I was used to or expected. I got a litany of "tell me about a time" questions in a relentless streak. I think I performed well, but I just thought it would be more conversational. Regardless, others who had different interviewers said theirs was relaxed, so I may just be an anomaly.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts