Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 12:30 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 12:30

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 254
Schools: IIMB
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 327 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 254
Schools: IIMB
Send PM
Tutor
Own Kudos [?]: 64899 [1]
Given Kudos: 426
Send PM
Re: 15 days left in GMAT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in approving accuracy [#permalink]
Bookmarks
Expert Reply
megha_2709 wrote:
Hi,

I am Meghna, I have been preparing for Gmat from past 4 months. I am well versed with the concepts both in verbal and quant and have preparing exhaustively. I have practiced all sorts of questions from all sorts of relevant material only stone I left unturned is to give lot of Mock Tests. I am now left with only 15 days and I am not scoring well in mock test, mainly its because I am not able to keep up with the time alloted to each question and not able to apply concept and solve the question in the limited time as a result of which I end up doing lot of reckless mistakes. I have been scoring well in without time frame CATs but with clock ticking on my head I am not able to perform well. pls pls pls help me how to improve accuracy and finish the test on time with maximum correct answers or should I just reschedule ? pls pls pls pls pls pls help !!!!

Thanks
your reply will be appreciated

Here are some posts that discuss time management on GMAT:

https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/2013/03 ... -my-snare/
This one is my personal favorite! If you are not a hip hop fan, skip the first paragraph. The rest of it discusses GMAT pacing and how to keep it up.

https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#/2014/07 ... u-succeed/

You can find many more strategy posts on our blog: https://www.gmatclub.com/forum/veritas-prep-resource-links-no-longer-available-399979.html#
Economist GMAT Tutor Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
Re: 15 days left in GMAT HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! in approving accuracy [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi megha_2709

You've received some good tips here so I'll keep my tips general. Here are some general do's and don'ts on time management:

-Do know that it’s OK to take longer than two minutes on a question. Just make sure you counter-balance this by taking less than two minutes to answer other questions. But...

-Don’t ever take four minutes or more to answer a question. It is tempting to try to answer each question correctly, even at the expense of time, but this strategy will likely hurt your score more than strategically guessing at several questions will.

-Do use a clock or timer to strictly keep track of your studies while practicing. You will soon know what a ten minute stretch of time feels like.

-Don’t constantly sneak glances at the clock to look at the timer. Work in clusters of five questions (each cluster taking 9-10 minutes) then check the time.

-And finally, do remember that time can feel very different in your head while concentrating than what actually appears on your clock.

Hope this helps. Best of luck on exam day!

Jessica
GMAT Club Bot