Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 14:01 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 14:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Re: Calling all UCLA-Anderson Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
mshrek wrote:
cowabungaman7 wrote:
mshrek wrote:

Nope ! I am expecting something around 27th or so. Just a guess. But I think the call-getters were those who had applied way well before the deadline. Any exceptions here would surprise me :oops:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're going in order of submission. I submitted mine over a month before the deadline.

Hello ! Did you get the invite btw ? If so, best of luck :)

Thanks, and likewise!

As for the generic Round 1 update e-mail... Yes, I just got that too. I thought it was funny that I got an update about when interviews will be going out AFTER the fact. I personally like how they are rewarding the early birds with an early review. As for everyone who submitted near the deadline, don't worry too much about not getting an invite yet. I'm tracking that only 3 people on this forum have claimed getting an interview... 2 of whom submitted at least 3 weeks before the deadline. I have a strong suspicion that UCLA sends out invites on a rolling basis... from now until mid-December.

As the great Aaron Rodgers once told Packer Nation: R-E-L-A-X :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 47 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
WE:Other (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
Not sure if this was posted yet... but stumbled across this recently: https://blog.clearadmit.com/category/int ... -anderson/

A whole bunch of statements from last year's applicants of what the interview was like for them as well as what questions they were asked.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
LTN99 wrote:
Hey guys,

Just got an email from Anderson saying that they anticipate sending the bulk of the interview invitations by mid-December.

I think this was a generic email sent out to all R1 applicants. Can anyone else confirm they got this?

Hi,
Even I got the same mail. So I guess it was generic. Nothing new in that mail. However,I am surprised to know that they "anticipate" to send bulk invitations by mid december !! That's way wayyy afterwards from now.. :shock:

This was the e-mail exact content:

Thank you for your application!

Dear <candidate name>,

We appreciate receiving your Round 1 MBA application, and look forward to getting to know you better through our process.

For your reference please note:

We anticipate sending the bulk of our interview invitations by mid-December. If you are selected for an interview you will receive an email from our office with details. Interviewing on- or off-campus carries the same weight in the admissions process, so you can choose the format that is most convenient for you.
If you would like to visit campus we are always ready to welcome you -- please start by scheduling a class visit and/or group information session.
If you have any questions about UCLA Anderson or the application process, please reach out to us or visit us online.

We will be sure to keep you posted!
Best regards to you,

UCLA Anderson MBA Admissions and Financial Aid
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
LTN99 wrote:
Hey guys,

Just got an email from Anderson saying that they anticipate sending the bulk of the interview invitations by mid-December.

I think this was a generic email sent out to all R1 applicants. Can anyone else confirm they got this?

Yep. Got the same mail. It's more of a confirmation mail than anything else.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi guys,

Long-time lurker here. I just received my interview invite from Anderson on Friday. I was surprised because the deadline had not even been closed for 48 hours! For all wondering, I submitted my application on 10/20, 2 days before the deadline.

When I log into my Anderson application account, it says my GMAT Scores were not received. However, I do have confirmation from Pearson Vue that they sent my scores to Anderson electronically on 10/1. Do I need to have my scores sent to Anderson again, or could it be that the Anderson adcom just hasn't accessed my scores yet?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

Long-time lurker here. I just received my interview invite from Anderson on Friday. I was surprised because the deadline had not even been closed for 48 hours! For all wondering, I submitted my application on 10/20, 2 days before the deadline.

When I log into my Anderson application account, it says my GMAT Scores were not received. However, I do have confirmation from Pearson Vue that they sent my scores to Anderson electronically on 10/1. Do I need to have my scores sent to Anderson again, or could it be that the Anderson adcom just hasn't accessed my scores yet?

Congrats on the invite!

I would write a mail to the adcom with a screenshot of the Pearson Vue email.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi ! First of all congrats. Btw when did you take your gmat exam ? 2 days before the deadline ..hmmm.. wel in that case the adcom is catching up fast..did I read december in the mail ? :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
mshrek wrote:
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

Hi ! First of all congrats. Btw when did you take your gmat exam ? 2 days before the deadline ..hmmm.. wel in that case the adcom is catching up fast..did I read december in the mail ? :wink:

I took the GMAT on 9/26, and the score report was fulfilled less than a week later. And thanks for the advice guys, I'll reach out to Admissions on Monday to double check. I'm super excited to interview - I'll be traveling to Anderson for what will be my second visit. I can't wait, I love it there and can really feel the spirit in the air (cheesy I know, but every bit true!)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
mshrek wrote:
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

I took the GMAT on 9/26, and the score report was fulfilled less than a week later. And thanks for the advice guys, I'll reach out to Admissions on Monday to double check. I'm super excited to interview - I'll be traveling to Anderson for what will be my second visit. I can't wait, I love it there and can really feel the spirit in the air (cheesy I know, but every bit true!)

All the best! Looking forward to the debrief :) (no more lurking ;))
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 127 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: Marketing, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
GPA: 3.43
WE:Operations (Investment Banking)
Send PM
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
mshrek wrote:
HealthcareMBAGuy wrote:
Hi guys,

Hey HealthcareMBAGuy, congrats on the invite! Are you doing a class visit or anything when you come to interview?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Any lucky candidates today ? :roll:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
Send PM
has someone actually already been admitted? its only been 5 days....
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an invite!!! So excited!

They on campus and off campus for oct and november

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
jeffchangg wrote:

Congrats! Which are you going to do?

Does anyone know if Anderson looks favorably on those that interview on campus v. off campus? Especially if you are in a West Coast state.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
jeffchangg wrote:

Congratz!!! All the best for the interview.
When did you submit the application and your brief background?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
App submitted on 10/18.

State school, average gpa. Good extracurricular.

4 years work experience at 2 bb banks. Promoted 3 times. Managing role now.

Will do live interview. Really don't think it matters which they do emphasize in the email.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [2]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Olin '17 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q51 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Information Technology (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
Invited! :)
Submitted on 22nd Oct
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  62   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert