Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:21 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:21

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Official GMAC Representative
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 74
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GPA: 3.97
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Re: Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
sa2222 wrote:
Hello Rebecca,

Thanks for your reply. I do have another question. I have scheduled my GMAT appointment in Boston, MA. Usually after scheduling appointment, I thought GMAC sends a mail to your mailing address - with appointment confirmation and a CD. Obviously, I have received an appointment confirmation in email and I am able to download the tests through mba.com (official website). But, just wanted to be sure - if I have missed the mail or GMAC no longer sends the appointment confirmation mail with the CD.

Thanks

No need to worry! We do not mail anything physically. Thanks!
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
ansh0809 wrote:
Hi,

I took the GMAT last month and selected 5 schools to send my scores to on the test day. I did not score quite to my expectations and I am going to take the GMAT again. My question is that should I choose a different set of schools to send my scores this time.

To be clear, my top 5 schools are still the ones I selected on the 1st attempt and I want them to see my 2nd attempt scores as well. So will sending the scores to them once allow them to see all my scores when I apply to them and therefore I can choose a different set of schools or do I need to resend my scores to my top 5.

Thanks in advance

If you want the schools to see your newest scores, then you will need to send the score report to the same 5 schools again. I hope this helps!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools: Tuck '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.69
Send PM
I have my printed out score report from the test center, but I think I deleted the link to my official score report.

How can I access my scores online? Also, will this have all my scores or only the recent one?

I have taken the GMAT a few times and cannot remember my AWA and IR scores on the previous tests, and need them for applications. Thanks.
Send PM
Expert Reply
vaj18psu wrote:
I have my printed out score report from the test center, but I think I deleted the link to my official score report.

How can I access my scores online? Also, will this have all my scores or only the recent one?

I have taken the GMAT a few times and cannot remember my AWA and IR scores on the previous tests, and need them for applications. Thanks.

You will need to contact Pearson Vue directly to get the secure access code for your GMAT score report. You can find the Pearson Vue contact information for your region at mba.com/contact. Your GMAT score report will include all GMAT scores from the previous give years. Please note that for any applications, you will need to order an official score report to be sent to your schools. You can do that here: https://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam ... cores.aspx.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 504
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Ross (Michigan) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V27
GMAT 2: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 3: 700 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.25
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Hi GMAT Rep,

I filed a complaint 2-3 weeks ago regarding issues in the testing center which affected my performance in the GMAT exam. Since then, I have not received any response or update in my complaint beyond the automated email i received 2 days after filing the complaint. I have recently sent a follow up email on the status but have not received any reply so far.

I have also tried calling (LONG DISTANCE) to the Asia-Pacific Customer Service (+91 120-439-7830) during India business hours and the automated response is not responding to any of my inputs (I am from the Philippines) and is merely repeating the responses even after multiple attempts on various times of the day.

Is emailing or calling by phone a reliable way to reach out to GMAC/Pearson on my complaint's status?
Are the calls toll-free if done outside India?
Are there other alternatives in the Philippines?
How soon is the expected turnaround time on the status?

If it helps, I can provide additional information specific to my complaint if it means getting some response.

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Send PM
Expert Reply
justbequiet wrote:
Hi GMAT Rep,

I filed a complaint 2-3 weeks ago regarding issues in the testing center which affected my performance in the GMAT exam. Since then, I have not received any response or update in my complaint beyond the automated email i received 2 days after filing the complaint. I have recently sent a follow up email on the status but have not received any reply so far.

I have also tried calling (LONG DISTANCE) to the Asia-Pacific Customer Service (+91 120-439-7830) during India business hours and the automated response is not responding to any of my inputs (I am from the Philippines) and is merely repeating the responses even after multiple attempts on various times of the day.

Is emailing or calling by phone a reliable way to reach out to GMAC/Pearson on my complaint's status?
Are the calls toll-free if done outside India?
Are there other alternatives in the Philippines?
How soon is the expected turnaround time on the status?

If it helps, I can provide additional information specific to my complaint if it means getting some response.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Sorry to hear you have been having these problems. Please send an email to socialmedia@mba.com and we will have someone follow up with you. Please be sure to include your GMAT ID and your incident number, as well as a detailed description of the incident.

Thank you!

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi,

I scored 720 in my first test and tried to challenge 750+ in my second test, but unfortunately, my second score is lower than my first one.Therefore, I choose to cancel the score.
My question is if I don't take the third exam, will the cancellation of my second time exam be shown on the record?
Thank you.
Send PM
Expert Reply
yuuuu wrote:
Hi,

I scored 720 in my first test and tried to challenge 750+ in my second test, but unfortunately, my second score is lower than my first one.Therefore, I choose to cancel the score.
My question is if I don't take the third exam, will the cancellation of my second time exam be shown on the record?
Thank you.

Your score report includes all GMAT exams taken within the past five years of the date the score report was sent. If you sent your score report to schools after your first exam, they will not receive an updated score report reflecting your cancelled score. If you send your score report to schools after the cancelled score, your score report will reflect that you took the exam and chose to cancel your score. Admissions officers are used to seeing score reports with both reported and cancelled scores, and it would be unlikely to be a factor in their admissions decision.

I hope that helps!

Rebecca
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Post Your Questions to GMAC Official Representative Here [#permalink]
Hello,

I mailed a query last week to PearsonVUE regarding an issue with additional GMAT score report order charges. However, since then, I have not received ANY response or update to my query/complaint - not even an automated email, OR a response to my follow up email on the status.

I have also tried calling several times (STD) to the Asia-Pacific Customer Service (+91 120-439-7830) during India business hours but to NO avail. The automated response does not respond to any of my inputs and merely runs on a loop no matter which option I select. This is the result even after multiple attempts on various times of the day!

It is hard to comprehend that an institute like PearsonVUE offers such poor service and cannot even establish a reliable way for customers to reach them.

The only other option I have is to try the other international PearsonVUE centers, but looking at numerous complaints, I am not very hopeful (not to mention less than enthused about having to make costly international calls because the number for my region/ country DID NOT WORK).

I am stuck with a transaction charge for a score report which I am not even sure I ordered (I never received a post-transaction-notification email for this, as for earlier orders).

How soon can I expect a turnaround on the status?

I can provide additional information specific to my complaint if it means getting some response.

Thank you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
Hi,

Since my test day is approaching I have some questions regarding the test center and how the test is administered that I would really appreciate if you could answer. I apologize for the long post in advance!

1- Tutorial: since I understand that this section is timed, how much time do we have to complete it?
- In addition, is each screen in the tutorial timed individually or does the tutorial section have an overall timing? From Gmat Prep exams, I was able to see what the screens look like but I would really like to know about this.

2-Selecting 5 MBA programs to send the scores to: does this section come before, during or after the tutorial? In any case, is this section timed?

3- Breaks and writing in the Erasable Scratchpad: my main question here is: are we allowed to write notes in the provided scratchpad during our 8-minute breaks? For example, it is very helpful to me to write down some notes about the section to come or to write down a timeframe on what times I must accomplish each question. Am I allowed to do this during the break?

4- Breaks and returning to the test center room: if for example, I leave the test center room and go to the bathroom during a break and when I come back to log in to the room, I still have 3 minutes, am I allowed to be sit in the room in front of my computer just waiting to those 3 minutes to pass? Or will the proctor make me wait until the 8 minutes are reached? Or once I enter the room those 3 minutes will disappear and I will be prompted to the next section regardless of whether I actually had 3 minutes in my favor? Please let me know if this and my point #2 depend on the specific policy of the test center.

5- Background Information Questions: I understand that these questions come right after the Verbal section and before the Report or Cancel section. My questions are:
- How many screens are there?
- Are these questions the same questions that I encounter in the “My Account > My Profile” section of my mba.com account (e.g. Demographic Information, Contact Information, Communication Preferences, Undergraduate Information, Work Experience Information, and Graduate Management Degree Information). I have already filled the mandatory fields and some of the optional fields. Can I keep the same information during this stage of the test (I mean just skipping these sections since I already completed the information I wanted to complete)? Or is it mandatory for me that I fill the remaining optional fields?
- Lastly, is this section timed? And if so, how much time do we have?

I really have tried to come up with the answers to these questions in forums and articles but I never found a thorough response. Therefore, I would really appreciate your response on this since will surely provide me with a much better test day experience and will probably benefit other members of the community who might have asked themselves these exact same questions.

Thank you so much!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Hi,

I answered your queries in attached file (there is some problem on this site that prevents me submitting the queries in a mail format).

Cheers!
Attachments

File comment: Answers
Answers.docx [14.8 KiB]
Downloaded 72 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Error while trying to book my GMAT appointment:-

We're sorry, there is a problem with your GMAT account which requires you to speak with customer care. Please visit mba. com /contact to find the appropriate phone number

I was trying to book a GMAT appointment and i entered the credit card\ address details incorrectly a couple of times after which it timed out. When i tried to go back and book - i started hitting this error. The customer care office isnt open on the weekend, a little anxious so posting while i wait to contact them.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 339 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Send PM
minwoswoh wrote:
Hi,

Since my test day is approaching I have some questions regarding the test center and how the test is administered that I would really appreciate if you could answer. I apologize for the long post in advance!

1- Tutorial: since I understand that this section is timed, how much time do we have to complete it?
- In addition, is each screen in the tutorial timed individually or does the tutorial section have an overall timing? From Gmat Prep exams, I was able to see what the screens look like but I would really like to know about this.

2-Selecting 5 MBA programs to send the scores to: does this section come before, during or after the tutorial? In any case, is this section timed?

3- Breaks and writing in the Erasable Scratchpad: my main question here is: are we allowed to write notes in the provided scratchpad during our 8-minute breaks? For example, it is very helpful to me to write down some notes about the section to come or to write down a timeframe on what times I must accomplish each question. Am I allowed to do this during the break?

4- Breaks and returning to the test center room: if for example, I leave the test center room and go to the bathroom during a break and when I come back to log in to the room, I still have 3 minutes, am I allowed to be sit in the room in front of my computer just waiting to those 3 minutes to pass? Or will the proctor make me wait until the 8 minutes are reached? Or once I enter the room those 3 minutes will disappear and I will be prompted to the next section regardless of whether I actually had 3 minutes in my favor? Please let me know if this and my point #2 depend on the specific policy of the test center.

5- Background Information Questions: I understand that these questions come right after the Verbal section and before the Report or Cancel section. My questions are:
- Are these questions the same questions that I encounter in the “My Account > My Profile” section of my mba.com account (e.g. Demographic Information, Contact Information, Communication Preferences, Undergraduate Information, Work Experience Information, and Graduate Management Degree Information). I have already filled the mandatory fields and some of the optional fields. Can I keep the same information during this stage of the test (I mean just skipping these sections since I already completed the information I wanted to complete)? Or is it mandatory for me that I fill the remaining optional fields?

I really have tried to come up with the answers to these questions in forums and articles but I never found a thorough response. Therefore, I would really appreciate your response on this since will surely provide me with a much better test day experience and will probably benefit other members of the community who might have asked themselves these exact same questions.

Thank you so much!

Hello Rebecca,
Hope you are doing well. Since my test day is approaching, I would really like to know your thoughts on my previously mentioned points (or at least some of them).
I know they can be regarded as minor things compared to the whole GMAT preparation, but I believe your answer would provide me with a better understanding of what to expect and of how one´s test-taking experience is going to be.
abane has kindly replied to me but I would really appreciate to know the official response to my queries.

Thank you so much!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Schools: Smeal" 20
Send PM
Hi GMAC representative,

I have my GMAT in another ten days.

A surgery was done in my left ankle [due to an ankle fracture] two weeks back. Due to this, i cannot walk using my left leg temporarily and I cannot make movements in my left ankle. Hence, I am using crutches to walk.

Will I be allowed to bring my crutches to my seat in the test center ? And in case, if I am not able to keep my left foot hanging/placed softly on the floor, will I be given a stool/chair to support my leg ? Do I need to get prior permission for this case and how do I do so?

Thank you.
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vetrik wrote:
Hi GMAC representative,

I have my GMAT in another ten days.

A surgery was done in my left ankle [due to an ankle fracture] two weeks back. Due to this, i cannot walk using my left leg temporarily and I cannot make movements in my left ankle. Hence, I am using crutches to walk.

Will I be allowed to bring my crutches to my seat in the test center ? And in case, if I am not able to keep my left foot hanging/placed softly on the floor, will I be given a stool/chair to support my leg ? Do I need to get prior permission for this case and how do I do so?

Thank you.

Hello Vetrik,

Thank you for reaching out. Please email testingaccommodations@gmac.com with your question and they will work with you to ensure you have what you need during your test. I've notified them in advance, so they will be expecting your message. If there's anything further we can help with, please let us know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
minwoswoh wrote:
minwoswoh wrote:
Hi,

Thank you so much!

Hello Rebecca,
Hope you are doing well. Since my test day is approaching, I would really like to know your thoughts on my previously mentioned points (or at least some of them).
I know they can be regarded as minor things compared to the whole GMAT preparation, but I believe your answer would provide me with a better understanding of what to expect and of how one´s test-taking experience is going to be.
abane has kindly replied to me but I would really appreciate to know the official response to my queries.

Thank you so much!

Hello minwoswoh,

We understand the importance of details when it comes to the GMAT exam. So, we want to make sure we provide you with accurate information and answers to your questions. We are looking into these questions, and will respond as soon as we can. We appreciate your patience.

Thank you,
Jeremy
Send PM
Expert Reply
sss27 wrote:
Error while trying to book my GMAT appointment:-

We're sorry, there is a problem with your GMAT account which requires you to speak with customer care. Please visit mba. com /contact to find the appropriate phone number

I was trying to book a GMAT appointment and i entered the credit card\ address details incorrectly a couple of times after which it timed out. When i tried to go back and book - i started hitting this error. The customer care office isnt open on the weekend, a little anxious so posting while i wait to contact them.

Hello sss27,

I wanted to confirm that you were able to work out your issue with Customer Care. If there are any remaining issues, please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  10   11   12   13   14   15   16  ...  29