Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:46 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V35
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Stanford GSB: Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
towski wrote:
Last year, there were not many cross-admits. People who got into Harvard often didn't get an interview at Stanford and vice versa.

That said, I would bet that the probability of receiving a Stanford interview invitation is higher for Harvard interviewees than for the rest of the population. They are different schools, but there are sure to be some strong candidates that overlap on their admissions criteria.

Yup, I tend to agree on both statements. I haven't met many cross admits so either they somehow target different profiles despite strong/weak candidates that make the invitations to interview somewhat different or they reject quite a few of those that interview at HBS since the interview process seems to carry a heavier weight than Stanford's.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
The Stanford email says that those who interviewed will have about 50% chance of getting accepted. So I guess the chance is the same for both schools.

jlgdr wrote:
Do you think people who got invites at HBS stand a greater chance of an invite at Stanford? What are your thoughts on this? Are the profiles of both school so different?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 220 Q1 V2
Send PM
no invites today yet? think we'll get some?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management
WE:Analyst (Venture Capital)
Send PM
no word on invites for both yesterday and today, anybody can confirm?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
tunasalad wrote:
no word on invites for both yesterday and today, anybody can confirm?

It's still rather early over in the West Coast. But yes, no word on the forum yesterday and none so far today.

*Refresh*
VP
VP
Send PM
This is very weird. Releasing an early batch to schedule interviews fast and then not sending nothing for almost two days. I bet they're cooking something in PA.

Guess we'll wait, but I'm not really expecting anything until late next week.

Cheers
J :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Healthcare
GPA: 3.49
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Maybe our sample is low and people have heard but not posted? Of my 5 friends who have applied, none of us have heard.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [11]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Guys,

I spent some minutes reading last year's thread and built this chart based on what Gmatclubbers posted on the thread:

I know that:
1) It is just based on the gmatclub sample.
2) Not all gmatclubbers post if they get interviews.

At least it gives us a clear message: We are ****, the distribution seems to be pretty uniform, we will have to wait until the last day.
Attachments

GmatClub sample.jpg
GmatClub sample.jpg [ 99.22 KiB | Viewed 7407 times ]

VP
VP
Send PM
Vaico wrote:
Guys,

I spent some minutes reading last year's thread and built this chart based on what Gmatclubbers posted on the thread:

I know that:

At least it gives us a clear message: We are ****, the distribution seems to be pretty uniform, we will have to wait until the last day.

stanford-gsb-calling-all-applicants-for-class-of-151291.html

On the first page, it says 57 interviewed on Round 1 according to profile updates. I believe that this is more credible than the ones that actually post that they've recieved an interview.
I think its probably not too bad since we pretty much have around 50 invites left. I mean its Stanford after all its an uphill battle and plenty of luck for everyone but I don't think its far worst than what I thought so before sending my application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:
Vaico wrote:
Guys,

I know that:

On the first page, it says 57 interviewed on Round 1 according to profile updates. I believe that this is more credible than the ones that actually post that they've recieved an interview.
I think its probably not too bad since we pretty much have around 50 invites left. I mean its Stanford after all its an uphill battle and plenty of luck for everyone but I don't think its far worst than what I thought so before sending my application.

Yes! In fact, I've seen in the news feed (to the right of the forum's main page) a bunch of people who have changed their status to "invited to interview" but who have not posted anything on the thread... :(
VP
VP
Send PM
Vaico wrote:
jlgdr wrote:
Vaico wrote:
Guys,

I know that:

Yes! In fact, I've seen in the news feed (to the right of the forum's main page) a bunch of people who have changed their status to "invited to interview" but who have not posted anything on the thread... :(

So I guess then 57 is the right number if we tend to believe that people would not change their status for any other reason other than getting an invite

Do you know how many were they? 5, 10?

Thanks for this
Cheers
J :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.45
Send PM
jlgdr wrote:
towski wrote:
Last year, there were not many cross-admits. People who got into Harvard often didn't get an interview at Stanford and vice versa.

That said, I would bet that the probability of receiving a Stanford interview invitation is higher for Harvard interviewees than for the rest of the population. They are different schools, but there are sure to be some strong candidates that overlap on their admissions criteria.

Yup, I tend to agree on both statements. I haven't met many cross admits so either they somehow target different profiles despite strong/weak candidates that make the invitations to interview somewhat different or they reject quite a few of those that interview at HBS since the interview process seems to carry a heavier weight than Stanford's.

Depends on how accurate you think this p&q article is (https://poetsandquants.com/2014/02/12/ra ... s-stanford)
but the est. for dual admits is ~150/yr, which is ~15% of hbs admits or ~7.5% of hbs interviewees. If you take into acct the fact that gsb's acceptance rate is ~7%,
then...I guess yes you do have marginally higher chance for gsb acceptance as an hbs interviewee. Of course all this is just number play...#######
VP
VP
Send PM
HowLionsHunt wrote:
jlgdr wrote:
towski wrote:

Depends on how accurate you think this p&q article is (https://poetsandquants.com/2014/02/12/ra ... s-stanford)
but the est. for dual admits is ~150/yr, which is ~15% of hbs admits or ~7.5% of hbs interviewees. If you take into acct the fact that gsb's acceptance rate is ~7%,
then...I guess yes you do have marginally higher chance for gsb acceptance as an hbs interviewee. Of course all this is just number play...#######

I don't think is 7.5% of hbs interviewees, maybe higher more towards the 12% range, I don't think that dual interviewees would be at least as prone as an average applicant to screw up in either interview. But still, 15%- 150 candidates is pretty high for dual interviewees. I guess if Stanford interviews around 1000 applicants in total then again its 15% that also interview at HBS. In relative terms though, it seems pretty low. Maybe not all of these cross over candidates apply to both school, who knows?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [16]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos