Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 14:59 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 14:59

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 190 [0]
Given Kudos: 140
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
Schools: Owen '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q44 V44
GPA: 3.73
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Thanks for all the responses. Yeah my only concern is that even if I did get in to Owen (which is by no means a guarantee), a sub-700 GMAT may hold me back from some career opportunities in consulting/IB. My full length practice CATs were above 700 so I definitely think I'm capable of hitting that mark. I just scheduled a retake for December so we'll see how it goes. Thanks again everyone!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Striderite3 wrote:
Thanks for all the responses. Yeah my only concern is that even if I did get in to Owen (which is by no means a guarantee), a sub-700 GMAT may hold me back from some career opportunities in consulting/IB. My full length practice CATs were above 700 so I definitely think I'm capable of hitting that mark. I just scheduled a retake for December so we'll see how it goes. Thanks again everyone!

I would apply now. And let them know you are taking the exam again. I think you are competitive but for those jobs its even more competitive. I think if you got in and were just taking it to hit 700 you would be more relaxed. Plus the second time you are used to the test and the testing center.

What is your split if you don't mind me asking? I if I knew I could give you some pointers.

Plus if you do better they will re-evaluate you for scholarship.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V42
GPA: 3.82
Send PM
Well I won't be applying this cycle, still some pre-MBA career stuff I'd like to accomplish in the next year or so. Q45/V37 were my splits. Which is embarrassing because I am a native English speaker. However, up until the last month I had focused almost exclusively on Quant. I have almost come to grips with not being able to get more than a Q 46/47; I took the GMAT last fall and got a 660 (Q44/V37). I just think that after putting in an additional 100+ hours of primarily Quant-based studying, I still never got to the consistent Q48-Q50 territory (unfortunately).
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Anyone applying in R1 get an e-mail today?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V46
Send PM
Kudos
crosovr10 wrote:

Yep, got it. Just the assignment of the member of the AdCom that is handling you and will likely do your interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.33
Send PM
mbanerd16 wrote:
Hi All, I am part of MBA class of 2016. I'll be happy to answer your ques during & after your application.

Hi there, Thanks for being here to let us know the things going at Owen. I am an international MBA applicant and believe you are also international
student there. Could you tell me a little bit about the H1B Visa situation for last batch means if an international student could not get Visa, are the
companies open to relocate him to other places for a while or how these companies manage these international students who couldn't get visa in
lottery based situation. Your input will be very helpful to understand the US job market better for an international candidate like me.

Thanks, Vishal
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Jimbo23 wrote:
crosovr10 wrote:

Yep, got it. Just the assignment of the member of the AdCom that is handling you and will likely do your interview.

Uh oh, I didn't get an email from Vanderbilt and I submitted my application. Is there anyone else who applied in R1 and didn't get an email?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
UTWrestler wrote:
Jimbo23 wrote:
crosovr10 wrote:

Uh oh, I didn't get an email from Vanderbilt and I submitted my application. Is there anyone else who applied in R1 and didn't get an email?

Don't worry yet. If you haven't got anything it just means they haven't reviewed you yet. You will get a an email for waitlist and acceptance too. So don't fret yet.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Jimbo23 wrote:
crosovr10 wrote:

When did you submit the application ??? I submitted it on 27th. not received anything yet !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.66
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
I submitted mine in early October, around the 5th I believe.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Is anyone going to Discover Weekend on the 14th?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: Owen '17 (S)
GMAT Date: 11-08-2014
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi all,

I've applied R1 to Owen after interviewing this September. I'm coming from the Northeast (NYC) and have about 6 years full-time experience working in finance and government.

I got assigned a member of the AdCom (Consuela) who I met at an event this summer in NYC. She is the Head of Diversity recruiting, so I'm assuming I got her b/c of being a female applicant.

Did anyone hear about applications possibly being read earlier and decisions coming out earlier than expected? I've heard that might happen for R1.......hope it does!

Let's get some more chatter going on this board! Any more R1 applicants out there?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OwenorBust wrote:
Hi all,

I've applied R1 to Owen after interviewing this September. I'm coming from the Northeast (NYC) and have about 6 years full-time experience working in finance and government.

I got assigned a member of the AdCom (Consuela) who I met at an event this summer in NYC. She is the Head of Diversity recruiting, so I'm assuming I got her b/c of being a female applicant.

Did anyone hear about applications possibly being read earlier and decisions coming out earlier than expected? I've heard that might happen for R1.......hope it does!

Let's get some more chatter going on this board! Any more R1 applicants out there?

I love the username and I hope you get accepted. I emailed Suzanne on the Adcom and she said that you can expect to get an interview invite within the first 2 weeks of R1 deadline for those that did not self-initiate an interview. From that, I would assume that they would start sending out acceptance notices a week or two later. Although if you have already had your interview then I would expect for you to hear back earlier.

Giants or Jets fan?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
UTWrestler wrote:
OwenorBust wrote:
Hi all,

I love the username and I hope you get accepted. I emailed Suzanne on the Adcom and she said that you can expect to get an interview invite within the first 2 weeks of R1 deadline for those that did not self-initiate an interview. From that, I would assume that they would start sending out acceptance notices a week or two later. Although if you have already had your interview then I would expect for you to hear back earlier.

Giants or Jets fan?

if you guys or gals are in Nashville let me know. Also if anyone is from charlotte I am hosting a coffee break there. If anyone is interested in a coffee break in there city let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: Owen '17 (S)
GMAT Date: 11-08-2014
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
@thisisonlyatest - I probably won't come back to Nashville until I learn about the R1 decisions.....can't come soon enough! As a current student, do you know if anyone learned about decisions before the date listed on the website? Or is that date the one we should assume the decisions will be published? As you can tell, I'm on the edge of my seat since Owen is my top choice!

UTWrestler - Thanks for the reply! Jets fan, but looking to add an SEC school! I attended a small, private undergrad in New England, so not much football there!
How did you decide to apply to the 4 schools that you have listed? I might have applied to one more in R1, but the applications are so time consuming. I think I ended up writing 6 essays just for Owen! Not to mention asking my managers to spend time on the recommendations......... curious to hear about your process!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Any movements anyone? I submitted my application on 22nd but haven't heard anything...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
OwenorBust wrote:
@thisisonlyatest - I probably won't come back to Nashville until I learn about the R1 decisions.....can't come soon enough! As a current student, do you know if anyone learned about decisions before the date listed on the website? Or is that date the one we should assume the decisions will be published? As you can tell, I'm on the edge of my seat since Owen is my top choice!

UTWrestler - Thanks for the reply! Jets fan, but looking to add an SEC school! I attended a small, private undergrad in New England, so not much football there!
How did you decide to apply to the 4 schools that you have listed? I might have applied to one more in R1, but the applications are so time consuming. I think I ended up writing 6 essays just for Owen! Not to mention asking my managers to spend time on the recommendations......... curious to hear about your process!

I think you may hear the day before but I am pretty sure it is around the date on the site. Not sure but that is what I recall. All I can think of now is corporate valuation and marketing.... sorry.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts