Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:35 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:35

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [3]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: LBS '17 (A)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
neo656 wrote:
Guys/(girls? - coz so far I haven't seen any female on this thread)
This is the end of my European applications. It was a great stint to be honest. So far, application for IMD gave me the opportunity to know most about myself, but I guess MIT's application might just give everyone else a run for their money in this aspect.
So, I'll have say parting words here. I'm not planning to continue the thread-mastership for LBS. It's a draining thing and would become an even bigger emotional drain. You may post here or PM me to claim the thread-mastership. I wish everyone all the very best! Hope you have get eventually accepted and have a great time at LBS.
P.S. to all those who'd choose to matriculate, please let me know the real student experience in LBS (or better post here back on the thread :) ). I'd really appreciate that, since I've not heard any good thing about it and I would love to hear a genuine opinion.

Cheers!

Tough Luck, Neo. I strongly hope you will get good news from other schools!!
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Applicant1221 wrote:
Invited!

neo - Hard luck bro! I was seriously hoping that you will get an invite too. I will be happy to take the thread mastership. PM me and we will talk more.

We are in one more boat together. So let's hope its a more mutually beneficial outcome in Duke.

GMAT: 690
GPA: 75% (First division with honors from a top Engineering college in India)
WE: 7 plus years currently (Strategy advisory and business research - India and UK)
EC: Strong (Volunteering and League Cricket)

Thank you for showing interest in Thread mastership. You have a PM. :)
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Here is the summary of LBS Interview Invites.

25 Invites so far. Congratulations to all those who got invites!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Applicant1221 wrote:
Invited!

neo - Hard luck bro! I was seriously hoping that you will get an invite too. I will be happy to take the thread mastership. PM me and we will talk more.

We are in one more boat together. So let's hope its a more mutually beneficial outcome in Duke.

WE: 7 plus years currently (Strategy advisory and business research - India and UK)

Congrats dude !
I am interested to know whether you had international exposure as well ? if yes, for how much time. Could you also elaborate on EC section please ?
ATB :)
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
Applicant1221 wrote:
Invited!

Congrats mate. I really hope you make it to LBS and take a few messages from me. :)
Duke might still workout for both of us, though I doubt that you'll pick Duke over LBS. I know I wouldn't. :wink:
But the journey isn't over, I'll be around and it would be awesome to stay in touch with you guys here on GC and in MBA life... :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
neo656 wrote:
Guys/(girls? - coz so far I haven't seen any female on this thread)
This is the end of my European applications. It was a great stint to be honest. So far, application for IMD gave me the opportunity to know most about myself, but I guess MIT's application might just give everyone else a run for their money in this aspect.
So, I'll have say parting words here. I'm not planning to continue the thread-mastership for LBS. It's a draining thing and would become an even bigger emotional drain. You may post here or PM me to claim the thread-mastership. I wish everyone all the very best! Hope you have get eventually accepted and have a great time at LBS.
P.S. to all those who'd choose to matriculate, please let me know the real student experience in LBS (or better post here back on the thread :) ). I'd really appreciate that, since I've not heard any good thing about it and I would love to hear a genuine opinion.

Cheers!

Tough Luck, Neo. I strongly hope you will get good news from other schools!!

Yes sympathies Neo - I'm surprised at some of the profiles that LBS have dinged without interview - clearly they are after something specific.

Best of luck with your other apps.

Somebody mentioned in last years thread that those who had applied to a lot of schools were struggling to get interviews - I wonder if theres any truth in that.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 753
Schools: Ross School of Business - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.2
WE:Project Management (Other)
Send PM
gcb09173 wrote:
Yes sympathies Neo - I'm surprised at some of the profiles that LBS have dinged without interview - clearly they are after something specific.

Best of luck with your other apps.

Somebody mentioned in last years thread that those who had applied to a lot of schools were struggling to get interviews - I wonder if theres any truth in that.

I doubt about that. If enough honest effort is put into an app, the effort will definitely shine. Regardless, I worked on only 3 apps in R1.

I made 2 screwups in the main application, something that I realized close to interview shortlist day. I was dead sure that no sane person would call me for interview because of that. Those mistakes made me look like an over-confident SOB .. :roll:
Possibly something similar will happen with Tuck and Duke, hence I've started on R2.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [2]
Given Kudos: 36
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Send PM
Kudos
neo656 wrote:
I doubt about that. If enough honest effort is put into an app, the effort will definitely shine. Regardless, I worked on only 3 apps in R1.

I made 2 screwups in the main application, something that I realized close to interview shortlist day. I was dead sure that no sane person would call me for interview because of that. Those mistakes made me look like an over-confident SOB .. :roll:
Possibly something similar will happen with Tuck and Duke, hence I've started on R2.

Ah bad luck - learning experience for round 2 then and I'm sure you'll be successful there!
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Send PM
mshrek wrote:
Applicant1221 wrote:
Invited!

Congrats dude !
I am interested to know whether you had international exposure as well ? if yes, for how much time. Could you also elaborate on EC section please ?
ATB :)

Thanks mshrek. Yes, I have international work experience. I have been working in London for more than 2 years now. Previously, I was in New Delhi. I have added a few details on my EC activities in the original post. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to PM me.
Cheers.
LBS Moderator
Send PM
neo656 wrote:
Applicant1221 wrote:
Invited!

Congrats mate. I really hope you make it to LBS and take a few messages from me. :)
Duke might still workout for both of us, though I doubt that you'll pick Duke over LBS. I know I wouldn't. :wink:
But the journey isn't over, I'll be around and it would be awesome to stay in touch with you guys here on GC and in MBA life... :)

Thanks dude! It is still long road ahead. And to be honest, like everyone else, I would love hedge my chances so more invites would surely help. And yes, for sure, we will be in touch and exchange messages. As you rightly said, journey isn't over. You have done a great job with this thread and I will appreciate getting a few pointers from you time to time.

Originally posted by Applicant1221 on 03 Nov 2014, 02:17.
Last edited by Applicant1221 on 03 Nov 2014, 03:40, edited 1 time in total.
LBS Moderator
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Applicant1221 wrote:
Invited!

Thank you for showing interest in Thread mastership. You have a PM. :)

Thanks Narenn. If I have any questions, I will PM you. Appreciate all the support.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Invited! Based in India.

Anybody knows approximate interview dates? Just trying to gauge time available for preparation.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
I received an email saying thay have to be completed by Nov 21st. so that just over 2 weeks, and I still haven´t been assigned interviewers..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Also invited and waiting for the contact of interviewer. Good luck all!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Serza wrote:
I received an email saying thay have to be completed by Nov 21st. so that just over 2 weeks, and I still haven´t been assigned interviewers..

For those invited, did you guys reply to the email (the 2nd one which mentions 21st Nov as the last date)?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
No.. its more of an automatic email..
LBS Moderator
Send PM
I was contacted by the designated person for UK region but yes it was just an formal email, which indicated that the interview should possibly happen in 10 Nov- 23 Nov period. I guess the admission office will decide and offer options on the basis of schedule of local alumni. It is advisable to inform them of your existing bookings in advance - like a few dates that you are sure that you wont be able to schedule an interview.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts