Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 11:25 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 11:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 2.73
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 77 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Send PM
Re: Calling all Goizueta(Emory) Applicants (2015 Intake) class of 2017 [#permalink]
you are saying one month !! I called them a few days back and they were saying if you dnt get any invites by 21st nov ...... then the chances are very less you would get one :oops
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Goizueta(Emory) Applicants (2015 Intake) class of 2017 [#permalink]
ishancrazee wrote:
you are saying one month !! I called them a few days back and they were saying if you dnt get any invites by 21st nov ...... then the chances are very less you would get one :oops

well..thats adds to my worries..did they provide any info if the invites have been sent out till now or not??
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
When I called up Goizueta they said that the last day for conducting interviews for R1 is 21st nov.. so iam anticipating they wont roll out calls till that date ...we can be hopeful till a week before 21st...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 640 Q48 V31
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
No activity on the group!!! Getting very anxious now :roll: ... No reply from Goizueta yet.. Has anyone received an in interview invite in the last 2-3 days?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
deepvanarasi wrote:
No activity on the group!!! Getting very anxious now :roll: ... No reply from Goizueta yet.. Has anyone received an in interview invite in the last 2-3 days?

I gave up hopes for Emory long time back..if the interview invite comes..it would be a surprise now..:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V33
GMAT 2: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.33
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
Guys,
I'm from India and was waiting for the interview invite.
I sent a mail to the Adcom and got a reply that applications are still being reviewed and more invites are to be sent.
Luckily I got the invite to interview today. So hold on and wait.

Garv
Manager
Manager
Send PM
garvsawhney wrote:
Guys,
I sent a mail to the Adcom and got a reply that applications are still being reviewed and more invites are to be sent.

Garv

Congrats!!
I hope they send in more interview calls soon.
The wait is getting excruciating. More than a month has passed since I submitted my application.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
garvsawhney wrote:
Guys,

Garv

considering the very less interview calls from emory and the admission rate being 32%, how much percent of the people interviewed get admitted generally ?? like NYU gives admits to 70% of the people interviewed
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Nandan442 wrote:
garvsawhney wrote:
Guys,

Garv

considering the very less interview calls from emory and the admission rate being 32%, how much percent of the people interviewed get admitted generally ?? like NYU gives admits to 70% of the people interviewed

I dont think we can apply this reasoning here. Firstly, I cannot believe that only 49 members have applied for emory in R1. Secondly, there must have been a lot of invites sent out but people might not have updated their statuses. There must have been quite some invites outside gmatclub as well. And we heard that emory adcoms said that they received twice the no. of apps that they were expecting in R1. So nothing makes sense. There has to be more invites and therefore we cannot predict the conversion rate for emory.

Better, take it up with an adcom. they will know best. :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Neverbackdown wrote:
Nandan442 wrote:
garvsawhney wrote:
Guys,

Garv

I dont think we can apply this reasoning here. Firstly, I cannot believe that only 49 members have applied for emory in R1. Secondly, there must have been a lot of invites sent out but people might not have updated their statuses. There must have been quite some invites outside gmatclub as well. And we heard that emory adcoms said that they received twice the no. of apps that they were expecting in R1. So nothing makes sense. There has to be more invites and therefore we cannot predict the conversion rate for emory.

Better, take it up with an adcom. they will know best. :-D

got that...I jus asked in general is there a statistic as like 9:5:1 for ISB what people say generally. Of every 9 people applied 5 gets interviewed and 1 gets the admit is what many consultancies say...anyways statistics doesnt get the admit so hope we do the best in the interview and wait for the decision. All the best:-D
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2215 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V40
Send PM
Reply from admissions:

"They are still reading and evaluating files to see if the interview is necessary. Invites will be going out until December 2nd."
Manager
Manager
Send PM
On the Goizueta website, following is given:

On campus interviews are open to all qualified candidates before November 14, 2014 (Round One applicants by October 10). You do not need to have an application on file nor an invitation to interview. To request an on-campus interview, visit the Goizueta Connection system. After filling out a brief registration form, you can request an interview appointment that suits your availability. You may also want to schedule a class visit or lunch with a current MBA student for while you are on campus, which can also be scheduled through Goizueta Connection.

After November 14, interviews are by invitation only after review of your completed application. Submit all required application materials in order to be considered.

So I hope they start giving invites from today.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
deepvanarasi wrote:
On the Goizueta website, following is given:

On campus interviews are open to all qualified candidates before November 14, 2014 (Round One applicants by October 10). You do not need to have an application on file nor an invitation to interview. To request an on-campus interview, visit the Goizueta Connection system. After filling out a brief registration form, you can request an interview appointment that suits your availability. You may also want to schedule a class visit or lunch with a current MBA student for while you are on campus, which can also be scheduled through Goizueta Connection.

After November 14, interviews are by invitation only after review of your completed application. Submit all required application materials in order to be considered.

So I hope they start giving invites from today.

I have a feeling the jig's over. I looked at last year's threads and seems like the school gives out very less invites.
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V39
GPA: 3.06
Send PM
Guys, how did you get the interview invitations? By email or by phone? Although I am losing hope, I still want to try my luck on this.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
ydingmilan I received interview invite via e-mail.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.48
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Anyone getting interview invites... its been a long time.. haven't heard yet from them
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
I sent email to them asking if can still expect interview invite. They have replied that all invites for round 1 are sent out, there are no more invites.
So, if you haven't recieved interview invite yet, it's not coming. Dinged. :cry:
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts