Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 08:18 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 08:18

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V36
GPA: 3.75
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 126
Concentration: Finance, Technology
Schools: ISB '18 (A)
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Computer Software)
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [1]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Given Kudos: 36
Send PM
Re: Johnson (Cornell) Class of 2017 Calling all applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
Those who have been WLsted- you need to be proactive.

Johnson held a video chat past April regarding its waitlist. I can't post links (this system won't let me) but you can google it. It's called Everything You Need to Know about the Johnson Admissions Process

Also, I'm attaching a copy of Cornell's presentation regarding WL as well.

Best of luck guys!

P.S. Johnson has a great admissions team and getting off the waitlist is doable as long as you don't sit and do nothing.

P.P.S. If I'm not mistaken, Nichole no longer deals with WLs. So, I'd suggest that you contact the adcom to find out who the WL manager is.
Attachments

File comment: waitlist webinar_Johnson
waitlist webinar_Johnson.pdf [533.86 KiB]
Downloaded 87 times

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.1
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Invited to interview!! Didn't get an email. but my status on the application updated. Phew.
Attachments

giphy.gif
giphy.gif [ 495.77 KiB | Viewed 3063 times ]

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.8
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
shrey19 wrote:
anybody from India received invite yet ?

Invited to interview. App status : Under Review
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.6
WE:Science (Education)
Send PM
PeterHAllen wrote:
So it looks like - for those of us who got invites---we have to wait for a second email to set up the interview? Is this what you guys gather?

The letter I received says "To accommodate the volume of interview requests we will receive, we are staggering the invitation process over the next 10 days. You should expect an email with instructions for how to schedule your interview. "

The first email is called "Interview Announcement" The 2nd email is called "Johnson School Interview Invitation" The way to schedule the interview is to email Rebecca or call phone (607)-255-1189. I guess that's it...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V39
GMAT 2: 700 Q43 V44
GPA: 3.6
WE:Operations (Computer Software)
Send PM
EthanLi wrote:
PeterHAllen wrote:
So it looks like - for those of us who got invites---we have to wait for a second email to set up the interview? Is this what you guys gather?

The letter I received says "To accommodate the volume of interview requests we will receive, we are staggering the invitation process over the next 10 days. You should expect an email with instructions for how to schedule your interview. "

The first email is called "Interview Announcement" The 2nd email is called "Johnson School Interview Invitation" The way to schedule the interview is to email Rebecca or call phone (607)-255-1189. I guess that's it...

I've not had the second email through yet but as the first one says it could take up to 10 days to receive the next instructions I'm not too worried.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
WE:Corporate Finance (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys, I am no staff from Johnson Admissions office, but I have some perspectives I'd like to share with you

I'll be joining class of 2017 in the two year program and, throughout this year, I've realized some things about the admissions process

As dtse86 said, if you have a GMAT over 730 (or even 720 i'd guess) and you're waitlisted, I don't think retaking GMAT would be a good option to put your efforts on. There should be some other weakness in your application to focus on until R2. Sometimes it's about fit, so be sure that your goals (stated in your essays) are consistent with your resume or what you've been up to so far, and that it makes sense to pursue an MBA at Johnson. However, if you have a Quant score below 47, retaking GMAT can definitely help as Quant indicates (sort of) how well you can do in the Core.

If you can go to Ithaca, do. Admissions team and students are excessively friendly and the university is very beautiful.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Send PM
jlcordova wrote:
Hey guys, I am no staff from Johnson Admissions office, but I have some perspectives I'd like to share with you

I'll be joining class of 2017 in the two year program and, throughout this year, I've realized some things about the admissions process

As dtse86 said, if you have a GMAT over 730 (or even 720 i'd guess) and you're waitlisted, I don't think retaking GMAT would be a good option to put your efforts on. There should be some other weakness in your application to focus on until R2. Sometimes it's about fit, so be sure that your goals (stated in your essays) are consistent with your resume or what you've been up to so far, and that it makes sense to pursue an MBA at Johnson. However, if you have a Quant score below 47, retaking GMAT can definitely help as Quant indicates (sort of) how well you can do in the Core.

If you can go to Ithaca, do. Admissions team and students are excessively friendly and the university is very beautiful.

Hi jlcordova !

Just out of curiosity, did you apply last year and defer for one year? If so, it'd be nice to hear (if you're comfortable with sharing) a brief explanation of your application experience last year, your decision to go to Johnson, and your reason for deferral.

Thanks for the info and I hope that we'll get to be classmates!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dtse86 wrote:
jlcordova wrote:

Hi jlcordova !

Just out of curiosity, did you apply last year and defer for one year? If so, it'd be nice to hear (if you're comfortable with sharing) a brief explanation of your application experience last year, your decision to go to Johnson, and your reason for deferral.

Thanks for the info and I hope that we'll get to be classmates!

Yes, I applied last year and had to defer due to personal issues. As I said, the admissions team is excellent. I interviewed with Charlie Taylor, who was very nice with me. The interview is very casual so don't be afraid or nervous at all. They just want to be sure that you're a perfect fit for Johnson; they want to be sure that they offer what you need at this point in your life. Do search about the clubs and pick some you might be interested in. I applied in R1 btw.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [0]
Send PM
Thanks for sharing! I think you're the first person I've heard of that has been able to defer their acceptance for a year. I'm sure you had a good reason though.

Thanks for the advice as well and good luck to everyone else still in it.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
dtse86 wrote:
Thanks for sharing! I think you're the first person I've heard of that has been able to defer their acceptance for a year. I'm sure you had a good reason though.

Thanks for the advice as well and good luck to everyone else still in it.

I'm glad I could help. Hope you all do great in the interview or get the chance to get one eventually. As you said, it's very unlikely to get a deferral, but fortunately Johnson was very understanding.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GMAT 1: 650 Q49 V31
GPA: 3
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I got wait listed :(
All the best to those invited to interview! :D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Leadership
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
Send PM
I got an interview! Phew... after all these waitings, finally!

Does anyone know the likelyhood of getting in if I get an interview? Any interview tips? question examples?

See, I am currently based in China and for some reason, they don't offer off campus interviews in China. I really don't like Skype sessions so I am thinking of flying to the US for thanksgiving and for this interview. Any one else doing the interview via skype? How important it is to actually visit the campus (i haven't done so) ?

Good luck everyone!! fingers crossed for everyone :)
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [1]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM