Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:45 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: LBS '17 (I)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: LBS '17 (II)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q51 V33
GPA: 3.74
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
SecretCharacter wrote:
dgebuadze wrote:
Hi,
thank you for sharing the experience!

did you ask for the feedback at the end? is it advisable to ask?

You can try :) though I doubt you will get one.

It was a 2 hrs 15 mins interview for me. Nice experience I must say. The alumni was great. If not anything else, it made me sure that applying for LBS was a great choice !

I did ask for feedback but nothing was properly revealed or expressed ! :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Ansu1989 wrote:
SecretCharacter wrote:
dgebuadze wrote:
Hi,
thank you for sharing the experience!

did you ask for the feedback at the end? is it advisable to ask?

You can try :) though I doubt you will get one.

It was a 2 hrs 15 mins interview for me. Nice experience I must say. The alumni was great. If not anything else, it made me sure that applying for LBS was a great choice !

I did ask for feedback but nothing was properly revealed or expressed ! :?

I personally don't like asking for feedback right after because a) you won't get anything concrete, b) even if you get something it'll most likely be extremely sugar coated. Just putting myself in the interviewers shoes and I would not want to provide feedback right after. Awkward and unnecessarily hope raising/breaking when it's one of the many components.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Kudos
Completed my interview yesterday. 1 hour sharp. Didn't feel stellar but fortunately no glitches anywhere I think. Presentation was straight forward so don't worry about that! Onward to 11 December. All the best to everyone on this thread.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Kudos
chairman14 wrote:
Completed my interview yesterday. 1 hour sharp. Didn't feel stellar but fortunately no glitches anywhere I think. Presentation was straight forward so don't worry about that! Onward to 11 December. All the best to everyone on this thread.

Completed my interview today. It was 2 hours long, with questions both on goals and behavioural. The presentation was not very challenging as well and there is no need to prepare for it. Would recommend to be well prepared with the resume as that is where we spent majority of the time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I just completed my interview also and would like to share some of my observations:
- The interviewer asked some typical questions. But then, he asked me very deeply about one of my work projects which I used to answer leadership question. So be prepared to discuss in details of your experience
- Atmosphere was friendly and professional. My interview lasted 1h15m.
- 5 min presentation: you have to structure your answers clearly and you will have 5 min to think before making presentation on the topic

So good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Kudos
Completed my interview last week.
90min. total (60min. for interview, 15min. for presentation including interviewer's follow-up question, and 15min. for Q&A).
Overall, the interview went pretty well, no curve ball, only basic and fundamental questions you can find in clearadmit or elsewhere. Had few follow-up questions about my short-term goal but I felt he asked out from his curiosity. Interviewer shared his insight and advices after and it was very helpful.

Presentation was also basic topic. Out of 5 topics, interviewer chose one and it was about your priorities in implementing the project. No knowledge required, maybe the key is to relate your priorities and reason to your past work experiences.
Interviewer then had 2 follow-up questions regarding my priorities but try to be confident on your choices and you'll be okay.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [2]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, General Management
Send PM
Kudos
Just had my interview last Friday (14 Nov).
It went for about 1 hr 10 min. Interview was conversational covering topics from career to extracurricular activities. The presentation session came about at the halfway mark. My interviewer chose the topic for me. I had brought some paper along and described my presentation with points and sketches that I made. Then, we discussed together about some of his experiences in LBS which was interesting.
Important tips to remember!
- Emphasize your focus on why LBS at the beginning and end
- Ask interesting questions to the interviewer
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
WE:Brand Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Hello,
I interviewed today in Mumbai, India.

Interviewer was an out and out finance guy, 8 years pre LBS exp and currently in PE. I am a marketing guy, ~4 years WE in consumer products. 730 GMAT, strong extra currics and academics.

Speaking to him really strengthened my belief in LBS - it was very conversational, at the same time not informal. He had great things to say about the school and was very frank about the good and the bad things.

Broad Questions:
1. Tell me something about your role
2. Why LBS
3. Why MBA
4. Market estimation for a new product (its part of my current job)
5. Why consulting (Post MBA industry)
6. Other stuff like will IKEA work in India and so on
7. Solved the case at the end, was a business caselet

Overall had a great experience, he kept talking about what I should do when I am at LBS so I guess that's a good sign :) However he also kept saying your profile and aspirations are great for Kellogg and Harvard, so I really don't know what to make of that. Every time he said that I kept reiterating my Why LBS? answer.

Onward, and waiting for an admit on the 11th of December! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
anyone who has some knowledge about prodigy finance loan pls help me out with a few questions i have. firstly what is the max one can borrow and usually what is the average amount one gets? also how long does the process get once you get your acceptance package. also in terms of scholarship on an average how much can one expect. i know it depends on yr app but just to get a rough idea. also can work part time in uk and would that be sufficient to take care of personal exoenses?
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '17 (II)
Send PM
myleo wrote:
anyone who has some knowledge about prodigy finance loan pls help me out with a few questions i have. firstly what is the max one can borrow and usually what is the average amount one gets? also how long does the process get once you get your acceptance package. also in terms of scholarship on an average how much can one expect. i know it depends on yr app but just to get a rough idea. also can work part time in uk and would that be sufficient to take care of personal exoenses?

See prodigy loan terms here.
https://prodigyfinance.com/london-business-school/loan

No info abt scholarship. I dont think everyone gets it. Who gets, probably around £15-20k
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
I saw the loan from prodigy. What I wanted to inquire was how long does it take to get it and the entire process/ documentation ? Website info isn't always the same as actually going through it

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [2]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview.

Was 2hr 20+ minutes long - even though alumni had indicated would be 90 min max so not sure if I elaborated on points a little too much!

Also the presentation took quite a bit longer as I was really drilled on my core points - she picked one related to my post MBA plans so think she was really testing if I had the ability, skills and knowledge to be successful. She even went off script in asking questions on how else I could augment my core message based on other hypotheticals so certainly seemed to be more than just can I prepare a structured presentation.

Felt the interviewer whilst friendly was trying to remain critical. However I extracted a wealth of information regarding the school and they were really open about anything I asked.

Originally posted by gcb09173 on 18 Nov 2014, 09:03.
Last edited by gcb09173 on 18 Dec 2014, 06:52, edited 1 time in total.
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Kudos
I had my interview this week as well. Most broad questions did appear in our discussion but their execution was very subtle. Hence, my one strong recommendation will be to get your story straight. Also be prepared to support it with several instances and examples. This can be related to your current work and your post MBA short-term and long-term goals.

Towards the end, the alumnus opened up about his experiences during MBA and post MBA as well. It became an informal chat only then. Having done an over analysis in my head, I have to say that it can swing either way. Not sure. I wasn't one of the lucky few who were given a direct feedback post their interviews. :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [1]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Send PM
Kudos
Applicant1221 wrote:
I had my interview this week as well. Most broad questions did appear in our discussion but their execution was very subtle. Hence, my one strong recommendation will be to get your story straight. Also be prepared to support it with several instances and examples. This can be related to your current work and your post MBA short-term and long-term goals.

Towards the end, the alumnus opened up about his experiences during MBA and post MBA as well. It became an informal chat only then. Having done an over analysis in my head, I have to say that it can swing either way. Not sure. I wasn't one of the lucky few who were given a direct feedback post their interviews. :?

Likewise - Lots of things were great but few components let me down so think i will be a swing either way too. Also didn't get immediate feedback and didn't feel right to ask.

Going to be a looooong wait to the 11th.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Interviewed this morning. It went great, most of the questions have been discussed here. My alumni was very helpful and shared much of his personal LBS experience which was great. The presentation part I would really not worry about.

Fingers crossed for December 11th
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Send PM
FROM LBS Admissions Blog: Why Should You Attend an Admissions Event?
The Admissions Committee encourages all applicants to put a lot of thought into their application, take the time to prepare for the GMAT/GRE and choose their referees carefully. The MiM admissions blog already includes information on the ideal MiM candidate, hints and tips for a successful interview and application but are there any other steps […]

Read the rest of this entry...
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
LBS Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [1]
Given Kudos: 63
Send PM
Kudos
I guess today will be the last day for R1 interviews? Was everyone given 23 November deadline? Also, it will be great if everyone can update their interview status in their profile section. To all our quiet members, can you all please add the respective school information and then update the status of your application. It will help immensely in keeping the statistics up to date.

21 days to go!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  52   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts