Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 19:12 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 19:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Yeah, what you say is spot on. You know, for some reason I've always found that applying in R1 is much better and less competitive. I guess more free slots and school's aren't going to doubt if you're a strong candidate. They'll snap you in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
jlgdr wrote:

I wonder what the distribution between admits in Round 1 and Round 2 is though, anyone has any clue on this?

GregMatte wrote:

I haven't seen any hard data on this, but I do remember a similar question was brought up during my Booth campus tour, and the response from adcom member was that "roughly 50/50 offers between round 1 and 2.. but we offer to whomever fits yada yada..". I've also heard that r2 has the largest app volume (I do not remember source, but I want to say Booth live Q&A). Putting those together, your chances are higher in r1 assuming similar distribution of "talent" across r1 and r2. Interpret as you will!

I would argue that R1, while having a fewer number of applicants, would boast a higher quality applicant pool. I.e., the people who have their "stuff" together, got started early enough, and timed their GMAT prep and application/essay prep well enough to meet the R1 deadlines. Also, this is where you find the majority of re-applicants from the prior cycle(s) who may have been WLed then denied, etc. Therefore, I agree that there is a better ratio of potential spots to applicants in R1 vs. R2, but you're competing against "better" candidates.

Maybe those factors offset to create a similar chances [EDIT: for the qualified but average/above-average candidate] across both... As a re-applicant, I was advised that my best shot this cycle would be to apply R1 to best demonstrate continued interest.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
This is a fairly general question, and probably applies to a lot of schools, but why do you think schools are reducing essay count and essay length? Booth has two 700 character "Essays" and the presentation. What do you think they are using as their main judging points now?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
Pottsmi1 wrote:
This is a fairly general question, and probably applies to a lot of schools, but why do you think schools are reducing essay count and essay length? Booth has two 700 character "Essays" and the presentation. What do you think they are using as their main judging points now?

I didn't write an essay for Booth. I just made a powerpoint.
VP
VP
Send PM
JohnThunder wrote:
Pottsmi1 wrote:

Same here my man
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Just got out of my interview with a second year student off-campus. I think it went well. We spent a little more time than I had anticipated on behavioral questions, but still hit all of the expected, why Booth, why MBA, ST & LT goals, etc.

The student was very friendly, and while he did push me around a little bit, he made it feel conversational and natural. Here's hoping for the best on the 18th!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
Because I live by my interviewer I'm going to grab a drink with her and learn more about the school and what she thought of it. Haha she's interested in doing that so I must not have completely blown the interview hahaha. God, I was so nervous in the damn thing. I'm really freaking that I blew it. This always happens with interviews though, so I shouldn't be worried but I'm going to be until the decisions come out!

This is going to be a tough couple weeks, ugh.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JohnThunder wrote:
Pottsmi1 wrote:

Yea, that's what I mean, there is only a presentation really. There are the two "Essays" if you will, that ask about your career goals. They are only 700 characters long though. Just seems like every school has reduced their essay count and length based on what Ive read from previous years
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: The New Booth Experience

I am pleased to announce that the Booth Experience student blog has been redesigned and has a new home: TheBoothExp.com. Whether you are a prospective student or just interested in learning more about Booth’s community, the Booth Experience will provide you with a closer look at what life is like as a full-time student at Booth. The blog will continue to provide the same authentic content it always has, on a full range of student topics, but will now provide this content on a more dynamic and engaging platform.

This student led initiative, done by an extremely talented and diverse group of students, will not only provide you with great stories about life at Booth but also highlight the full community experience. From winning the “Business School World Cup” to navigating a career change or simply finding out what our students do for fun, the Booth Experience will provide you with unique access and perspective on the daily lives of our students.

I hope you enjoy reading this blog and getting to know our students better.  Look for updates in their stories throughout the year, and be sure to follow the Booth Experience on Twitter, Facebook, and Youtube.

Thanks to Booth Experience Team for your hard work and your willingness to share your stories.

All the best,

Kurt

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Psychologist to Marketer, Part II: Staying the Course
As a career-switcher moving from psychology to marketing, Booth’s marketing coursework has been important for giving me the knowledge and skills I need to transition successfully to a new career. Although I have enjoyed many of my courses at Booth, I want to highlight my favorite courses here (in no particular order). Developing New Products […]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: The New Normal: Adjusting to Life at Booth after LEAD
“Oh my god, how is it midterms already???!” Last year, around the beginning of November, that was my signature phrase. I moaned it to my Booth friends who mirrored my own wide-eyed panic. I grumbled it to my parents and sister (a chemistry major in college taking two lab classes and who had zero sympathy). […]
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.34
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Is it Dec. 18th yet????????????
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Send PM
Does anyone know when the semester actually starts? Not the first day of classes, but the first day you have to be on campus, so that'd include any pre-semester events they have planned. I noticed the Random Walks last year were 8/21-8/24 which are supposed to be just before start of the fall quarter, so I'm guessing they start around 9/1?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 162 [1]
Given Kudos: 73
Concentration: Strategy, Economics
Schools: Chicago Booth - Class of 2015
WE:Project Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Kudos
I haven't seen next year's schedule yet, but Fall '13 looked like this:

8/21-31 - Random Walks. Note: There are different start/end dates; trips aren't 10 days long.
Labor Day week (Tues-Sat.) - Pre-MBA Accounting
Monday ~9/9 - Orientation and LEAD start
Thursday ~9/26 - Class starts

Fall '14 was basically the same as well. I would expect the dates will be +/- 3 days for next year and the day-of-week for each event to remain the same.

Hope this helps.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Quiet in here. Everyone must be trying not to think about the notification date coming up. :)

I'm personally freaking out like crazy. Really realized over the past couple weeks that Booth is my top choice now, and I'm super nervous I won't get an offer because I have this idea that I really messed up the interview. Ughhhhhhhhhh I wish I had a time machine
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Devon wrote:
Quiet in here. Everyone must be trying not to think about the notification date coming up. :)

I'm personally freaking out like crazy. Really realized over the past couple weeks that Booth is my top choice now, and I'm super nervous I won't get an offer because I have this idea that I really messed up the interview. Ughhhhhhhhhh I wish I had a time machine

What makes ya say that? Curveball question?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Pottsmi1 wrote:
Devon wrote:

What makes ya say that? Curveball question?

Mostly because I was noticeably nervous in the Booth interview, unlike every other interview. Don't know why, couldn't control it. Stumbled over my words a bit and said stuff like "them two" instead of "those two" because I was so nervous haha. In terms of content I think I provided good answers, even if I wasn't very prepared for the types of questions she asked me. I got a lot of team questions ("Describe a team you worked on that was difficult to work on," "...that was an incredible team to work on," "that you worked on to get through a difficult problem" were three questions I got). I also tended to ramble a bit which I'm hoping I'm just blowing out of proportion in my head.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  37   38   39   40   41   42   43  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts