Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
Bookmarks
Just had my interview at Owen and I thought it went very well. It was very conversational and we were actually in the room together for about 1.5 hours. Half way through we just started talking about our love of cars and racing ( I worked for a major car company early in my career). It was probably the most enjoyable interview experience I have ever had.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Operations, International Business
Schools: Owen '17 (S)
GMAT Date: 11-08-2014
WE:Operations (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
UTWrestler sounds great! Who did you interview with? Did they give you any idea of timeline to get back in touch?!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
OwenorBust wrote:
UTWrestler sounds great! Who did you interview with? Did they give you any idea of timeline to get back in touch?!

I interviewed with Tami Fassinger, she was absolutely wonderful. I asked her when we would hear back and she said that they like to get through the process quickly and she told me that "She looks forward to giving me a call in 2 weeks". Have you had your interview yet?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UTWrestler I'm so glad that you had a good interview with her! I interviewed with Christie St John in September when I visited campus. She was also a pleasure and I really enjoyed my interview. She seemed to imply that I might also get a phone call ahead of the December 12th date. I hope we hear soon rather than later!
Have you interviewed at the other schools you have listed? I'm most curious about Yale SOM interviews.... although I'm 'Owen or Bust', I've also considered Yale because of my public sector experience.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
OwenorBust wrote:

I think no matter who you interview with it will be a great experience. They have the job because they are great at putting you at ease during the interview. I noticed a big difference between the schools that had professional interviewers and those that were student run.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Kudos
Glad you guys had good interviews! I have mine this week - definitely looking forward to it.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
nycautumn wrote:
Glad you guys had good interviews! I have mine this week - definitely looking forward to it.

Be prepared to answer Why Owen, Why MBA, Why MBA now, what are your strenghts and weaknesses, What would you bring to the table for group projects, and what other schools you have applied to and why. I am sure you will do great.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
UTWrestler do you mind sharing how many times you took the GMAT to get a 700? I'm struggling to get up in that key range! Looking for a little guidance from others.
nycautumn Good luck in the interview! Definitely have some good anecdotes ready to tell - showing leadership, collaboration, a time you succeeded, etc. I'm sure you'll nail it!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
OwenorBust wrote:
UTWrestler do you mind sharing how many times you took the GMAT to get a 700? I'm struggling to get up in that key range! Looking for a little guidance from others.
nycautumn Good luck in the interview! Definitely have some good anecdotes ready to tell - showing leadership, collaboration, a time you succeeded, etc. I'm sure you'll nail it!

I got lucky and scored 700 on the first time taking the GMAT. I used the Manhattan GMAT prep and felt that it helped a lot to be able to score well the first attempt. How many times have you taken the GMAT and what were your splits? The first part of preparing for the GMAT is to master the concepts, once you have mastered the concepts is when you start working on the shortcuts (Almost every GMAT question has one). PM me and I will try to help you as much as possible.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
UTWrestler wrote:
OwenorBust wrote:

I got lucky and scored 700 on the first time taking the GMAT. I used the Manhattan GMAT prep and felt that it helped a lot to be able to score well the first attempt. How many times have you taken the GMAT and what were your splits? The first part of preparing for the GMAT is to master the concepts, once you have mastered the concepts is when you start working on the shortcuts (Almost every GMAT question has one). PM me and I will try to help you as much as possible.

Owen Or bust.

I will help where I can too. I have some good advice and can help you where you need it.

Let me know.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Thanks for the feedback everyone - I appreciate it
Intern
Intern
Send PM
UTWrestler thanks for the offer!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
WE:Analyst (Consulting)
Send PM
I had my Skype interview yesterday, and thought that it went pretty well! Pretty standard questions, nothing that threw me off. However, this was a much shorter interview than what I had been accustomed to. My interviewer asked me 4-5 questions and by the time she said "do you have any questions for me?" only 13mins had gone by. I asked three questions and had some nice conversation around favorite types of food and restaurants to wrap things up. Total time took 25mins.

Has anyone else experienced a short interview? Aside from the short length of the interview, I thought everything went pretty well, and she seemed to like my answers to her questions. It's hard to get a read when you think the discussion went well, but lasted so short...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q51 V36
GPA: 3.49
Send PM
marcoguti wrote:
I had my Skype interview yesterday, and thought that it went pretty well! Pretty standard questions, nothing that threw me off. However, this was a much shorter interview than what I had been accustomed to. My interviewer asked me 4-5 questions and by the time she said "do you have any questions for me?" only 13mins had gone by. I asked three questions and had some nice conversation around favorite types of food and restaurants to wrap things up. Total time took 25mins.

Has anyone else experienced a short interview? Aside from the short length of the interview, I thought everything went pretty well, and she seemed to like my answers to her questions. It's hard to get a read when you think the discussion went well, but lasted so short...

I had my skype interview which lasted for 17 minutes. This included Q&A time as well in which I asked some 3-4 questions. But as some of the current students have advised, dont worry about the short duration as of now. Hold on for another 9 days and then everything is going to be crystal clear.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
The waiting is getting harder and harder! Has anyone heard anything?!?!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Have patience. Adcom is diligently working on finalizing the list for R1.
Good luck.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
I just checked my status page and it shows that a headshot was uploaded yesterday but there are no other updates. I did not upload the photo so I do not know what this means. Has anyone seen the same thing?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  20   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts