Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:08 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 [#permalink]
I just got an email that they need my official transcript, in sealed envelope, from undergrad. Is that something that everyone has to submit?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Concentration: Leadership
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Kudos
Yes, it is one of the requirements. The "unofficial" transcript is not sufficient.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
It is enough to make a decision, i suppose . To actually render out an offer, they would require a transcript.
That's what I think. I might be wrong.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos
bschool17 wrote:
I just got an email that they need my official transcript, in sealed envelope, from undergrad. Is that something that everyone has to submit?

It is required buddy.
Everyone has to submit the official transcript.

Good luck ! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi

Earlier Rotman said they would need official transcripts only if they made a conditional offer of acceptance. But i guess now they are asking everyone to submit. I completed my undergrad from DU and wanted to know if anyone else got their transcripts easily from DU ( i already have one original with me).

How easy is the process if my parents do it on my behalf as I am based outside India.

please suggest.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Guess I didn't read the instructions. Transcripts are required...

https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... Apply.aspx

Sry I can't be of help @parutaneja not a DU graduate.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
parutaneja wrote:
Hi

Earlier Rotman said they would need official transcripts only if they made a conditional offer of acceptance. But i guess now they are asking everyone to submit. I completed my undergrad from DU and wanted to know if anyone else got their transcripts easily from DU ( i already have one original with me).

How easy is the process if my parents do it on my behalf as I am based outside India.

please suggest.

Don't know how DU works, but it should be similar to how IP does it. IP charged me 5k for 25 copies & takes a processing time of 2-3 weeks.
My suggestion would be to quickly scan an authorization letter in the name of your parents (just in case, the university doesn't entertain them without one). And start the process at the earliest.

All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Not sure if anyone is looking, but I found general questions listed here. Might be useful for others!

https://www.aringo.com/ClientInfo/Interv ... stions.htm
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 264 [0]
Given Kudos: 100
GPA: 4
Send PM
I am planning to apply in R2.

Might be a very basic question, but can anyone help me in understanding what transcripts are????? I am a Software Engineer. I have my degree certificate and degree mark-sheets with me.

Now if I have to approach my university for these transcripts, then what do I tell them to give??? A letter stating my name and degree details. Or do I need separate hard copies of degree certificates????

Another question: Should I ask them to send or I can also send this in an envelope to Rotman's address????

R1 applicants please help.

Thanks!!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
execnitinsharma wrote:
I am planning to apply in R2.

Might be a very basic question, but can anyone help me in understanding what transcripts are????? I am a Software Engineer. I have my degree certificate and degree mark-sheets with me.

Now if I have to approach my university for these transcripts, then what do I tell them to give??? A letter stating my name and degree details. Or do I need separate hard copies of degree certificates????

Another question: Should I ask them to send or I can also send this in an envelope to Rotman's address????

R1 applicants please help.

Thanks!!

Transcripts are copy of your degree and mark sheets. Here Rotman/other schools needs official transcripts (official copy of your records, usually attested and sealed in an envelope), that are provided by your college.

I would suggest to send someone to your school to get them .your school should know what transcripts are, you don't have to describe it to them.

I am not sure whats the policy of you school but usually colleges can mail directly to college or you can collect the sealed packet from them and mail it yourself. Advice don't open the sealed envelope you get from you school as that will make it void.

Hope that helps.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I wanted to provide an update to all - I received my acceptance call this morning! Yay!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for a response! Cannot wait to meet the class of 2017!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: Rotman '17
Send PM
AlooChaat wrote:
I wanted to provide an update to all - I received my acceptance call this morning! Yay!

Good luck to everyone else waiting for a response! Cannot wait to meet the class of 2017!

Congrats!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
AlooChaat wrote:

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi

I was interviewed on 20th Nov. Since then they have asked me twice for transcripts and I am in the process of sending it. Then day before yesterday the same guy who interviewed me emailed asking for the logo of Delhi University (south campus). I provided what he asked (normal DU logo).

And now i am confused. waiting for the decision. Did anyone had to wait for 2 weeks before they sent an acceptance package? My two weeks will get over on 4th.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi parutaneja, my process took exactly 2 weeks as well from the day I was interviewed till acceptance. So do not worry, these are all good signs that they are reviewing your application. All the best!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
parutaneja wrote:
Hi

I was interviewed on 20th Nov. Since then they have asked me twice for transcripts and I am in the process of sending it. Then day before yesterday the same guy who interviewed me emailed asking for the logo of Delhi University (south campus). I provided what he asked (normal DU logo).

And now i am confused. waiting for the decision. Did anyone had to wait for 2 weeks before they sent an acceptance package? My two weeks will get over on 4th.

How badly do they want you Mister Taneja! If the school is asking you for your transcripts and logos repeatedly, it is most definitely waiting for the formalities to be completed. I would definitely take that as a positive sign!

Btw, how did it go with DU for the transcripts?

And, the school takes anything between 10 to 14 days for sending the package! Chill !!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bschool2k15 wrote:
parutaneja wrote:
Hi

How badly do they want you Mister Taneja! If the school is asking you for your transcripts and logos repeatedly, it is most definitely waiting for the formalities to be completed. I would definitely take that as a positive sign!

Btw, how did it go with DU for the transcripts?

And, the school takes anything between 10 to 14 days for sending the package! Chill !!

Hi

My college people knew what i needed and they are preparing the scripts. Should be able to reach canada by 9th decem max.

Lets see about the acceptance offer. I just get scared each time I see a new email from Michael.

and its miss btw.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts