Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:58 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
WE:Programming (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 710 Q36 V49
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Scheller(GeorgiaTech) Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
rkb2013 wrote:
R1 applicant.
Got an interview call for this week.
Go TIGER Go!! :)

Any updates? How was the interview and what kind of questions were asked?

siddhu161 wrote:
They'd just started for international candidates last week. So wait and watch it is!!!!

Done with interview? How was ur experience?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Scheller(GeorgiaTech) Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
bschool17 wrote:
siddhu161 wrote:
They'd just started for international candidates last week. So wait and watch it is!!!!

Done with interview? How was ur experience?

Casual tone. Focused on goals and skills. For international applicant they still mentioned about H1B scenario. Career services guy majorly drove the interview. walk through resume - extra curricular activities.

total lasted for 30 mins.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
Send PM
I have my interview scheduled on 4th December. Had submitted application before the 15th October deadline.

Any tips for the interview?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ankushtulipz wrote:
I have my interview scheduled on 4th December. Had submitted application before the 15th October deadline.

Any tips for the interview?

Congrats on the invite. I have not yet received an invite, but I hope I do. Also, as mentioned, the interview in general questions and regarding what you have done & would like to achieve.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Thank you for the reply. ATB to you as well, I hope you get the invite soon.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ankushtulipz wrote:
Thank you for the reply. ATB to you as well, I hope you get the invite soon.

Hi ankushtulipz,

They generally have complete application package with them so they can refer it anytime. Make sure you know each n every thing correctly.
Overall tone is casual, and mostly they will tell you how the interview will proceed - as in what type of questions, resume walk through etc.

Please be clear with your short term goals (if any one particularly). Otherwise, you can mention 2-3 with priority.

As there is career services guy present in interview, your major task is convince them that your goals are achievable with MBA.

All the best for the interview. You can PM me or ping here in case of any specific doubts. I haven't received result yet so don't know if I made any mistakes or not but will try to help as much as possible.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hi siddhu161,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience and tips. Really helps!!

ATB for your decision.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankushtulipz wrote:
Hi siddhu161,

Thank you very much for sharing the experience and tips. Really helps!!

ATB for your decision.

God luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 103 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Not sure if anyone is looking, but I found general questions listed here. Might be useful for others!

https://www.aringo.com/ClientInfo/Interv ... stions.htm
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I am planning to apply for R2. As an Indian male applicant who has studied in India , is it mandatory for me to submit TOEFL score? Other indian candidates let me know.Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Found this is faq

" Who is required to take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)?

Applicants who are not citizens or permanent residents of the United States, and are from a country where English is not the sole official language of instuction, and have not successfully completed a year of college/university level study in the United States or another country where English is the sole official language must submit a valid TOEFL score.

Countries where English is the sole official language include Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Canada (except Quebec), England, Ghana, Ireland, Jamaica, Kenya, New Zealand, Nigeria, Scotland, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Singapore, Trinidad, Tobago, Uganda, and Wales.

Scores are valid for two years."

I have degree from US that help me waive TOEFL.

Any other international applicant here who might have already looked into this?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Sloan '18
GRE 1: Q163 V157
Send PM
I have applied in the R1 and havent received any notification for interview! My reco and scores was sent by 15th November. Does it mean that I got dinged?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I dont think you can say that you are dinged unless the deadline notification for that round is up.

I suggest, drop an email to the adcoms asking whether they got all the materials in time for your application to be considered for the Round 1.

That should help.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools: Sloan '18
GRE 1: Q163 V157
Send PM
ankushtulipz wrote:
I dont think you can say that you are dinged unless the deadline notification for that round is up.

I suggest, drop an email to the adcoms asking whether they got all the materials in time for your application to be considered for the Round 1.

That should help.

Thanks for the advice.... will drop a mail.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Please use Kudos if the response helped.
:lol: :oops:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Hi,

I had applied before Oct 15. The status of the application is - to department for review.

Is this normal to see this status for this long?

Also do we need to apply separately for financial aid or is it automatically considered in the application?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any news interview call for R2 applicants?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts