Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 10:50 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 10:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q51 V32
GPA: 3.8
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V38
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 [#permalink]
akarshank wrote:
Is the interview a blind one?

akarshank , well the interviews here are by the member of the adcom. So they know what's on your file .
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
Last when I spoke to adcom about international student loans I was told the info will be made available beginning of jan. If the loan is not available it would be a huge setback and I am sure a lot of students here will go to other schools in Canada / uk or usa. Personally I am banking on that loan which was close to 50k without which funding is impossible even if I receive a 20k schol. I have sent an email to the financial aid office and will get their reply soon. As far as Schulich goes the special loan program has been cancelled for intl students. Hope it's not the same for Rotman.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
mocchachino wrote:
hsbatth wrote:
After missing call for 2 weeks, finally got to talk to my admissions rep. Got in.

Here the news which is relevant to all, Rotman wont be offering loan to students this years as banks didn't renew the contract.

Did they tell you that "they won't be offering" or did they tell you that the renegotiations are still ON and it would take time for that?

Because what they told me was that they are in the process of renegotiations and will be coming back with an answer by end of January 2015.

Can you exactly quote their reply, because this news would create lot of problems for people who are banking on those loans.

Its not Rotman that offering loan but that banks. Exact quote was "The banks didn't renew the contract for loans. So we wont be able to offer the loan".

I am not sure if they will still subsidize the interest on loan from home country. Need to get clarification on that.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hsbatth wrote:
mocchachino wrote:
hsbatth wrote:
After missing call for 2 weeks, finally got to talk to my admissions rep. Got in.

Here the news which is relevant to all, Rotman wont be offering loan to students this years as banks didn't renew the contract.

Did they tell you that "they won't be offering" or did they tell you that the renegotiations are still ON and it would take time for that?

Because what they told me was that they are in the process of renegotiations and will be coming back with an answer by end of January 2015.

Can you exactly quote their reply, because this news would create lot of problems for people who are banking on those loans.[/

Its not Rotman that offering loan but that banks. Exact quote was "The banks didn't renew the contract for loans. So we wont be able to offer the loan".

I am not sure if they will still subsidize the interest on loan from home country. Need to get clarification on that.

If this info is accurate then there goes my Rotman dream but realistically how can a top institution in Canada expect students from developing countries who have no access to unsecured loans to pay $105000 plus $35000 living expenses. That's $140000 close to 80 lakhs. I am really disappointed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Quote:
If this info is accurate then there goes my Rotman dream but realistically how can a top institution in Canada expect students from developing countries who have no access to unsecured loans to pay $105000 plus $35000 living expenses. That's $140000 close to 80 lakhs. I am really disappointed.

That would be the case from most of B schools even in USA. you have to arrange your own money. A lot of schools stopped offering loans in recent years.

I would ask admissions office about options. 1 options can be, if you have a cosigner in Canada, you can get full loan.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
hsbatth wrote:
Quote:

That would be the case from most of B schools even in USA. you have to arrange your own money. A lot of schools stopped offering loans in recent years.

I would ask admissions office about options. 1 options can be, if you have a cosigner in Canada, you can get full loan.

Nope not true. HBS duke Yale Stanford tuck Wharton booth nyu darden Emory and a bunch of other schools offer either complete cost of attendance or complete tuition without any cosigner . I understand you can't compare HBS to Rotman but still Rotman is the HBS of Canada and they should be able to act as a guarantor for those loans or have a credit union fund it . If they aren't able to do that then it's a shame. These colleges charge a bomb and students go to these colleges as good paying jobs are easily available comparatively to other cheaper options and hence the school should be able to support intl students. Considering three yr work visas are readily available in Canada to everyone it's a pretty safe bet when you compare it to usa where the visa situation is horrendous . It's a lottery system and only 65000 get work visas. Anyways I am prolly off to uk . Oxford lbs or Cambridge !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
myleo wrote:
hsbatth wrote:
Quote:

Nope not true. HBS duke Yale Stanford tuck Wharton booth nyu darden Emory and a bunch of other schools offer either complete cost of attendance or complete tuition without any cosigner . I understand you can't compare HBS to Rotman but still Rotman is the HBS of Canada and they should be able to act as a guarantor for those loans or have a credit union fund it . If they aren't able to do that then it's a shame. These colleges charge a bomb and students go to these colleges as good paying jobs are easily available comparatively to other cheaper options and hence the school should be able to support intl students. Considering three yr work visas are readily available in Canada to everyone it's a pretty safe bet when you compare it to usa where the visa situation is horrendous . It's a lottery system and only 65000 get work visas. Anyways I am prolly off to uk . Oxford lbs or Cambridge !

Even I am hoping this not to be true. I am relying on loans heavily ...
Manager
Manager
Send PM

I would ask admissions office about options. 1 options can be, if you have a cosigner in Canada, you can get full loan.[/quote]

Nope not true. HBS duke Yale Stanford tuck Wharton booth nyu darden Emory and a bunch of other schools offer either complete cost of attendance or complete tuition without any cosigner . I understand you can't compare HBS to Rotman but still Rotman is the HBS of Canada and they should be able to act as a guarantor for those loans or have a credit union fund it . If they aren't able to do that then it's a shame. These colleges charge a bomb and students go to these colleges as good paying jobs are easily available comparatively to other cheaper options and hence the school should be able to support intl students. Considering three yr work visas are readily available in Canada to everyone it's a pretty safe bet when you compare it to usa where the visa situation is horrendous . It's a lottery system and only 65000 get work visas. Anyways I am prolly off to uk . Oxford lbs or Cambridge ![/quote]

Even I am hoping this not to be true. I am relying on loans heavily ...[/quote]

honestly i personally was hoping to come to canada coz of the work visa situation even though i would love to stay in Europe preferably UK. As far the quality of jobs are concerned europe is much better when you compare the stats and salary but UK has become an impossible job market for intl students. i would suggest look at some schools in germany and france. ESMT in germany or IMD.german work visa rules are pretty lenient and the salary after graduation is very good. look at them. make a wise choice. I wouldnt get a loan from india for 80 lakhs as the interest is going to kill you. besides not many consulting/finance jobs in toronto compared to ny or london so dont bank on them. intl students have told me even though rotman is the best in canada IB and consulting jobs arent plenty and hence its very difficult. think about yr choices and seriously look at ESMT.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Hello X,

Thank you for your email. We do not have any new information on the Professional Student Loan plans as of yet, as negotiations are still taking place. However, please be assured that we will update you as soon as we hear anything.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Take care,
Y
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Concentration: Leadership
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Myleo, could you give a side note please. The email you received (posted above) is from Rotman?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yes it was from the financial aid office at Rotman. I will update you if I receive any correspondence but I still think the loan would be made available .

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
tushar2910 wrote:
bschool17 wrote:
I just got an email that they need my official transcript, in sealed envelope, from undergrad. Is that something that everyone has to submit?

It is required buddy.
Everyone has to submit the official transcript.

Good luck ! :)

Is official transcript needed for the application to be reviewed? I mean without it, would we not get the interview invite?

I had applied on Nov 3 and still awaiting to hear back. Just wondering if this delay is due to missing official transcript. :(
Please advise.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
hakoonamatata wrote:
tushar2910 wrote:
bschool17 wrote:
I just got an email that they need my official transcript, in sealed envelope, from undergrad. Is that something that everyone has to submit?

It is required buddy.
Everyone has to submit the official transcript.

Good luck ! :)

Is official transcript needed for the application to be reviewed? I mean without it, would we not get the interview invite?

I had applied on Nov 3 and still awaiting to hear back. Just wondering if this delay is due to missing official transcript. :(
Please advise.

I don't think Rotman would hold an interview invite because of a missing transcript. I received an interview invite before my transcripts were delivered to the school.
The adcom reviews your file with the marksheet for an interview call, and requests for the missing documents after the interview.

Having said that, don't lose hope! Rotman doesn't take a lot of time between interviews and decisions - so there's still time!

All the best!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Hi Guys, I got accepted to Rotman, but when I received their acceptance email there was no mention of any scholarship. Does it mean I didnt get any? They said something about admissions package being sent to my mailing address. Will it have details of scholarship by any chance?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Schools: Rotman '17
Send PM
rangs641 wrote:
Hi Guys, I got accepted to Rotman, but when I received their acceptance email there was no mention of any scholarship. Does it mean I didnt get any? They said something about admissions package being sent to my mailing address. Will it have details of scholarship by any chance?

Congrats!
Usually, if you did receive a scholarship, they would mention it in the phone call and email that follows it.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
nyoebic wrote:
rangs641 wrote:

Congrats!
Usually, if you did receive a scholarship, they would mention it in the phone call and email that follows it.

Thanks. Hard luck then! The exorbitant tuition price is simply too much to bear with personal savings and loan alone!!

P.S. I did not receive any call, I simply got an email stating that I have been accepted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
rangs641 wrote:
nyoebic wrote:
rangs641 wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks. Hard luck then! The exorbitant tuition price is simply too much to bear with personal savings and loan alone!!

P.S. I did not receive any call, I simply got an email stating that I have been accepted.

Hi all,

I got a call from Michael, two days ago. Got in with scholarship. Isn't much though but something is better than nothing. How many of you are accepting the offer? and what are your other better choices..?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts