Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:45 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:45

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT Date: 06-24-2013
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 74 [0]
Given Kudos: 36
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '17 (M$)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Re: Calling all LBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
For those who haven't received a decision yet - I was notified about my interview invite a few days after the notification date, after I followed up over email. Turns out there was a technical glitch and a few results were pending as a result.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Finance, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Did anyone find out about the deadline for the additional essay ? I have mailed the regional coordinator but have not from her yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
ankitprasad12 wrote:
Did anyone find out about the deadline for the additional essay ? I have mailed the regional coordinator but have not from her yet.

It should most likely be due along with the reservation fee payment on the 21st of January?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
some of the mandatory questions in LBS Application

1. "Do you feel that your academic performance so far gives an accurate indication of your potential for success on the programme? If so, why? If not, why not?"

2. We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response? Feel free to give the names of members of the school community (alumni, students, faculty, staff etc) as appropriate.
------------------------------------------------------

1st question--: it seems like they want us to issue a self-certificate and that too when you know LBS is a top ranked school and must be attracting strong candidates from world over. can anybody share their thoughts regarding this?

2nd question--: first they mention that there will be impact on family and friends. and then they ask us to be free mentioning someone from their community.
do they expect us to REALLY discuss the potential impact on my family/friends with their community? :??? :??? :???
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 660 Q46 V36
Send PM
1st - they want to know do you think your current grades are relevant of your performance in the undergraduate school and can those grades predict your future performance. If your grades are good say that yes they are relevant, you did this and that to excel in your undergrad years and you will do even more of this that and this plus that when you will be studying in LBS. If your grades are bad it allows you to explain any circumstances that could have lowered your performance (like full time job etc) but that now you will do this that and even more of that to excel at LBS.
2nd- the question wants to know how do you plan your life to be during your studies, how involved your family and friends are in your decision because that will impact them as well. Tell the truth! I told that my husband fully supports my plans, will try to relocate to London in case of acceptance and has been a strong mental support during my journey towards LBS. They also want to know how much have you been investing in trying to already become part of LBS. If you have any friends, acquaintances that helped you to gain insight about LBS and are supporting your way towards this school mention them. If you don't have any, make some, the school has a great alumni base, you should be able to find some in your city or in your circle of interests,
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Leadership, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
vikramjain2017 wrote:
some of the mandatory questions in LBS Application

1. "Do you feel that your academic performance so far gives an accurate indication of your potential for success on the programme? If so, why? If not, why not?"

2. We encourage applicants to take into consideration the impact of study on family and friends. Who have you discussed your plans with, and what was the response? Feel free to give the names of members of the school community (alumni, students, faculty, staff etc) as appropriate.
------------------------------------------------------

1st question--: it seems like they want us to issue a self-certificate and that too when you know LBS is a top ranked school and must be attracting strong candidates from world over. can anybody share their thoughts regarding this?

2nd question--: first they mention that there will be impact on family and friends. and then they ask us to be free mentioning someone from their community.
do they expect us to REALLY discuss the potential impact on my family/friends with their community? :??? :??? :???

1) I answered this question pretty straight forward. I have a quiet high GPA but relatively low GMAT. I ended up evading the question a bit. I talked about how past academix perfomance can give some indication, but that there are many other valuable skills that I as a person will add to the programme.

2) I ended up writing about people that support my idea.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
thanks LanaFirefox & ctre ..
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ctre wrote:
ankitprasad12 wrote:

It should most likely be due along with the reservation fee payment on the 21st of January?

It is 21 Jan. Confirmed with Regional Admissions Manager.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Is there any facebook page for the admits? :)
Intern
Intern
Schools: LBS '17 (I)
Send PM
Got an offer as well! Super excited to start next year and meet everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
any admits from india or bangalore? do PM me, would be great to connect in person
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Strategy, Other
GMAT Date: 06-24-2013
Send PM
Waitlisted.
I don't see many waitlisted this time
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 690 Q51 V37
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Waitlisted to.
I received my notification later because of the problem they had with their system.

I hope I can get in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
All- I created a fb group for all admits to MBA class of 2017. Below is the link. Pls feel free to join so that we all can get to know each other!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1580000225551884/
Intern
Intern
Send PM
bizschul wrote:
All- I created a fb group for all admits to MBA class of 2017. Below is the link. Pls feel free to join so that we all can get to know each other!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1580000225551884/

Thanks.

Are any of you guys looking at loans for international students? There seems to only be reference to prodigy finance but they seem to cap the loan at 25,000 leaving a pretty substantial amount unfunded - seems to be a lot more loan options in the US with loan terms of up 100%. Any useful links/info anyone has come across? Cheers
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM