Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 20:38 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 20:38

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V41
GMAT 2: 700 Q45 V41
GPA: 3.64
WE:Corporate Finance (Consumer Products)
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2391 [0]
Given Kudos: 355
Concentration: Finance
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Opportunities To Cross Paths With Booth Students

Now that you've had the chance to dive into The Booth Experience stories on the students' blog, you may be wondering: How can I meet students like those I’m reading about to determine if Booth is the right fit? How can I interact with the students who might be my peers one day?

Booth students are incredibly passionate about this school and they are committed to paying it forward. What this means for you is that students are not only open to, but excited about meeting you, sharing their stories, hearing about your background and helping you to shape the path you could take as a potential Boothie. As those who have truly lived this experience, they will speak freely with you and answer questions only they can answer.

In the coming weeks, there will be several Worldwide Student-Hosted Events in cities all over the globe. In the midst of internships in new places, industry treks, ski trips and hometown visits during Winter Break, students will also spend a part of their time off hosting these informal events with their classmates for prospective, and newly admitted, students. Find an event in your city and RSVP to spend an evening with Booth students!

Additionally, we invite you to come to spend a day in the Harper Center. The Campus Visit Program offers abbreviated and full-day visit options with programming that includes opportunities to meet students and visiting a class in session. Visit our website for schedule options and to register. You may also opt to attend Booth Live, an all-day campus visit event during which you’ll engage with students, take on the Chicago Approach with faculty in class, and talk with the Admissions Committee during a special Q&A session. Finally, you’ll cap it all off with the Liquidity Preference Function (LPF)—a Friday happy hour tradition that brings together the student community. The next Booth Live will be January 23rd and registration will open in the coming weeks.

If you can’t make it to campus, or there isn’t an event in your city, there are a number of other ways to engage with students. Consider reaching out to Booth International Country Captains, who represent cities across the globe.

Simply put, there is no better way to understand our community than to engage with students. They are passionate about life at Booth and eager to provide their perspective. So, whether you’re attending an event, perusing the blog, or chatting with the co-chairs of various student groups, you’re one step closer to better understanding what your path at Booth could be.

As always, we wish you the best of luck in the steps you take along the way and encourage you to reach out to us with any questions.

Cheers,

Kylie
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM The Booth Experience: Switching things up, Part I: From I-Banking to Tech
Before business school, I was working at Credit Suisse in their Investment Banking division. The world of banking helped me understand how big corporates do business and gave me an opportunity to meet senior management of some of the biggest companies in the world. It was a dynamic and financially rewarding job. However, having fallen […]
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
does anyone know whether the adcom will call the admits on the 17th or just send emails on the 18th?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
GRE 1: Q159 V143
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Kudos
mprapp wrote:
does anyone know whether the adcom will call the admits on the 17th or just send emails on the 18th?

They will call on the 17th only to the admitted ones and send emails on the 18th to everyone.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
alantota wrote:
mprapp wrote:

They will call on the 17th only to the admitted ones and send emails on the 18th to everyone.

How sure are you of this? Because everyone is now going to believe that if they don't get a phone call on 12/17 that they were rejected.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 670 Q50 V29
GRE 1: Q159 V143
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Devon wrote:
alantota wrote:
mprapp wrote:

How sure are you of this? Because everyone is now going to believe that if they don't get a phone call on 12/17 that they were rejected.

I'm 100% sure, if you don't recieve a call on the 17th then you can only expect a ding or a waitlist. All the people I know who had applied experienced this last year, including me. Last year I got waitlisted on second round and once again on third round on the decision date while all the people who were admitted received a call one day before. It's a tradition Booth has, they call one day before all the admitted applicants.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [1]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 3.02
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Bookmarks
jlgdr wrote:
Interesting, Booth over CBS?

I haven't even applied to CBS yet, and am not sure if I'm interested. Here's what I posted over at WSO on why I'm thinking of not applying:

A couple things turned me off to Columbia. First was when I visited the school the staff was almost rude in how they treated me. Second, it didn't really even feel like it was a business school, it just felt like it was a place that students went to take classes during the day. Not much of a community feeling. Third, there wasn't really anything in my research on the school that particularly drew me to it - Stern does a lot of leadership stuff I like, Booth has great classes and teachers, Tuck seems like a unique experience in general. Columbia didn't really have anything like that.

Also concerning was that article that recently came out regarding Columbia job placement. Can't find the thread on it now.

Finally, I don't really know how Columbia students feel about the alumni network but Booth and Tuck had very, very strong networks. Students I talked to were very excited about going there. Alumni were enthusiastic about being part of these schools and seemed interested in actively helping current students and other alumni. Didn't get that kind of vibe from Columbia.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V39
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Less than a week to go... getting more nervous :( Booth or bust!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
Send PM
Question for other international applicants: do you see your TOEFL score as "Received"? Mine is still "Awaiting", although I submitted it in the same time as my GMAT, imediately after submitting my app... I hope there won't be any issue with this small aspect. :)

Fingers crossed everyone!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
ionutulescu wrote:
Question for other international applicants: do you see your TOEFL score as "Received"? Mine is still "Awaiting", although I submitted it in the same time as my GMAT, imediately after submitting my app... I hope there won't be any issue with this small aspect. :)

Fingers crossed everyone!

I'm pretty sure it's okay, don't worry. They would definitely let you know if there really was a problem. The AdCom would send you an email asking additional info or something like that, and you would have the chance to upload it directly into your application. I've seen it happening before, also for other schools.

Hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.97
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Just realizing they will be calling the day before, not good...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
cchisme wrote:
Less than a week to go... getting more nervous :( Booth or bust!

Good luck, I'm pretty much in the same boat! Working on R2 apps but I have really fallen for this program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [6]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.55
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Kudos