Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:14 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.25
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.05
WE:Supply Chain Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 109 [0]
Given Kudos: 79
Concentration: General Management, Technology
Schools: Duke '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Real Estate, General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.7
WE:Business Development (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
Anyone who applied before the Nov 15 deadline heard anything yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V48
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
duffman26 wrote:

I applied for the November round and received an email in the last week of November that my application was considered complete. The application page was also updated as "complete" below where it says submitted...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
Got an interview invite this Friday. Submitted Nov round and based in China.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 710 Q42 V45
GPA: 3.67
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Is there a consensus as to if we are expecting phone calls - or is it just an online status update? Can anyone confirm if they called last year?

Calling seems a really nice/personal touch, and I'd be surprised to see Tuck (of all places!) not using it... but that email threw me a bit.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GPA: 3.05
WE:Supply Chain Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
gracerx wrote:
Is there a consensus as to if we are expecting phone calls - or is it just an online status update? Can anyone confirm if they called last year?

Calling seems a really nice/personal touch, and I'd be surprised to see Tuck (of all places!) not using it... but that email threw me a bit.

I read up on last year's forum and a bunch of EA applicants received congratulatory phone calls. There were reports of some folks not getting a phone call, but when they checked their decision letter online they found out they received an admit.

Keep an eye out for the "603" area code phone call on the 18th! Tuck is very personal and seem to pride themselves on it, so I think they will continue the tradition but we'll have to wait and see.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GMAT 1: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 2.8
Send PM
I second oakley568. They try to call but don't get to everyone...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 78
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 660 Q47 V34
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.36
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
duffman26
Quote:

I submitted my application on 5th November and on 6th I got a mail confirming that my application is complete. Haven't heard anything yet on the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Do they make international calls to applicants too?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EA applicants - are the only decisions sent out -admit' and 'reject'?
Is there a chance for applicants who have not been interviewed to be waitlisted/pushed to the next round?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
StoneKiss wrote:
Do they make international calls to applicants too?

Based on what I have read in last year's thread, Tuck will try to.

NS13983 wrote:
Is there a chance for applicants who have not been interviewed to be waitlisted/pushed to the next round?

Again, based on what I have seen in last year's thread, Tuck does maintain a waitlist.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
NS13983 wrote:

Again, based on what I have seen in last year's thread, Tuck does maintain a waitlist.[/quote]

Even for applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview? Seems to me that waitlist is only for interviewed candidates
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
NS13983 wrote:
NS13983 wrote:

Again, based on what I have seen in last year's thread, Tuck does maintain a waitlist.

Even for applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview? Seems to me that waitlist is only for interviewed candidates[/quote]

Good point. My apologies, I missed the word "not". There is no empirical evidence that I have come across which suggests that the waitlist consists only of "interviewed" applicants, but I am more inclined to think that with the open door interview policy the pool will likely be so. Again, no empirical evidence so I am speculating here.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [1]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Kudos
Quote:
NS13983 wrote:
NS13983 wrote:

Even for applicants who have not been shortlisted for interview? Seems to me that waitlist is only for interviewed candidates

Unfortunately I am 99.99% sure that you must have interviewed in order to be on the waitlist. Therefore you need to have either self initiated an interview or been invited to interview by admissions.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Access to Leaders: Tuck’s Unique Visiting Executive Program

By Anna Liu T’15

Anna is originally from China and came to the U.S. to pursue graduate study. She worked in various health care organizations, including nonprofit, health care facilities and managed care for ten years in Los Angeles. Her husband, two daughters (7-year-old and 5-year-old), and she drove across country to start a fresh life in the woods.

In addition to learning from intelligent, aspirational and diligent peers, Tuck provides an incomparable benefit; close and personal interactions with successful industry leaders through the Visiting Executive Program (VEP). I often joke that it is always good to sign up for lunch or dinner with visiting executives, even just for the food. While I have gotten to try some of the most delicious meals offered in Hanover, what I find most beneficial about attending a small group dinner with a visiting executive (usually 6-8 students), is the opportunity to have thoughtful and personal conversations with business leaders. At Tuck, these opportunities are abundant.

When I started attending the VEP dinners in the first year, one of my motives was to learn how to talk to executives. Unlike some of my classmates who have worked closely with senior management in large corporations, or with partners in consulting, VC, or PE firms, I had little direct interaction with executives high on corporate ladders. Those executives seemed to have an intimidating aurora around them. However, through these dinners and talks I’ve discovered they are "normal" people, just like us, tackling problems of work and business as well as personal life, on a daily basis. Also like us, they have their share of failure stories and learning-through-mistakes experiences.

I have certainly gained a lot of insight about the economy, specific industries, and what it’s like to be a leader in a renowned company, but the conversations I found most memorable were more personal.  Conversations on how they made career choices when they were just out of business school, how they balanced work and life, how they coped with challenges in conflicting situations, how they dealt with stress, bias, and ethical issues, and even what they miss most about their two years at Tuck. I remember a number of executives talking about how they made important career decisions for family reasons. I remember a great female CEO sharing tips on how she delivers with a presence despite her petite figure and soft voice. I remember alumni constantly reminding us to cherish Tuck's resources, the experiences offered, and encouraging us to get to know more people from different backgrounds. I also remember finding the best ski place for my kids during a casual talk over dinner and wine at Pine with a consulting manager!    

There are other ways to take advantage of the VEP as well, such as attending the class in which the visiting executives are invited to speak, or signing up for an office hour, a coffee chat, or a round table discussion. Except for the class, all the other settings limit the number of attendees so we can have individual talks or close discussions in a very small group. Being in a small town away from big cities actually gives Tuck a unique advantage: visitors don't just come and go, in and out of an event within a few hours. Instead, they usually stay at least for a day. While they get to take in fresh air in the beautiful woods of the Upper Valley, Tuck students get to take full advantage of their presence by packing the day with a full schedule of chances for students to interact with these busy, difficult-to-catch leaders.

Now, probably 30 lunches and dinners later, I have also learned about an essential quality of being a great leader: the generosity to share wisdom of life and the willingness to coach a new generation of leaders. These visiting executives (Tuck alumni or not) devote so much time -- and in many cases, do so once or twice a year -- to come to our campus in the woods and to talk around the clock, often for an entire day. I think all of us who have benefitted so immensely from the VEP, are left with the deepest gratitude and look forward to carrying on the spirit of nurturing new leaders in our future careers.

Photo: Visiting Executive, Sam Allen, CEO, Deere & Co., Fall 2011
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Should we expect calls tomorrow, or only on decision day?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.43
WE:Business Development (Manufacturing)
Send PM
amba2013 wrote:
Should we expect calls tomorrow, or only on decision day?

It is a bit uncertain. Last year they called some international applicants (Latin America, China) a day before - quite late in the night though - while the others were called on the decision day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
1-2 days to go...

Originally posted by whartonortuck on 16 Dec 2014, 04:02.
Last edited by whartonortuck on 17 Dec 2014, 04:48, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts