Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:06 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.16
Send PM
Re: Calling OWEN-Vanderbilt Applicants(2015 Intake)Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Sareen21 wrote:
Has anyone received the offer/admit letter in hard/soft or got any update on when we can expect the same ?

I received an email last night that said there was an issue with the mailings, but they are expecting to have the mailing and welcome gifts out by the end of the week
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Calling all admits !

I have created a https://gmatclub.com/chat group for the prospective Owen Class of 2017

It will be great if we could all get to know each other and discuss our perspectives

PM me your phone numbers and I will add you

Cheers!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
RR2012 wrote:
Sareen21 wrote:
Has anyone received the offer/admit letter in hard/soft or got any update on when we can expect the same ?

I received an email last night that said there was an issue with the mailings, but they are expecting to have the mailing and welcome gifts out by the end of the week

RR glad to see you'll be joining the Vanderbilt family.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
I have been waitlisted in round 1. Is there anyway to predict when or if an offer will open up? I don't think the GMAT is the issue because I scored close to the average.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V37
GPA: 3.62
WE:Supply Chain Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
Kudos
Well with mixed feelings I have declined my Owen offer, hopefully this helps a couple of you on the wait list. It has been a fun thread, I wish everyone luck in their MBA adventure.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 87 [0]
Given Kudos: 169
Concentration: Finance, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
UTWrestler wrote:
Well with mixed feelings I have declined my Owen offer, hopefully this helps a couple of you on the wait list. It has been a fun thread, I wish everyone luck in their MBA adventure.

Congrats on the decision UT.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
nikhil09 wrote:
Hi, I am in the process of writing the essays and I'm a little overwhelmed with the number of essays that I have to write.
On top of the application page, I found a section which provided a link to the application instructions to identify which essays are mandatory. However, the link just led to a page where it said to write the "required essays" not specifying which ones. So which are the mandatory and optional essays?

Hi

I have the same query. Can anyone tell which all essays are mandatory and which are optional?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
GMAT 2: 710 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Design (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Hi,

I am in the process of finishing my Owen R2 application. I have a couple questions.

Unlike other schools, does Owen expect us to make official report of GMAT and TOEFL before the deadlines?

I have not yet reported my scores officially via mba.com and ets.org. Should I do it asap or do they need it after Admit is confirmed?

My deadlines are tomorrow, but GMAT and TOEFL reporting can take up to 1 week. Does that mean I don't meet the deadlines?

" I am pretty sure you only need to post the unofficials and if you get an acceptance they will validate those."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
ThePot wrote:
Hi,

I am in the process of finishing my Owen R2 application. I have a couple questions.

Unlike other schools, does Owen expect us to make official report of GMAT and TOEFL before the deadlines?

I have not yet reported my scores officially via mba.com and ets.org. Should I do it asap or do they need it after Admit is confirmed?

My deadlines are tomorrow, but GMAT and TOEFL reporting can take up to 1 week. Does that mean I don't meet the deadlines?

" I am pretty sure you only need to post the unofficials and if you get an acceptance they will validate those."

From the FAQ Section of the Owen website:
When should I submit my official transcripts and test scores?
1. Take the GMAT or GRE (GMAT is preferred) and TOEFL, PTE Academic or IELTS, if required, before submitting your application so that you can include your scores in the application. If you have already taken your required tests and sent your score reports to Vanderbilt, your scores will automatically be verified by Vanderbilt. Verified score reports are required to complete your application.
Please send all score reports to:
Center for Data Management - OWEN
Vanderbilt University PMB 407833
Etc

If I were you, I would request to report scores today, just to be safe.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Leadership, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q40 V42
GMAT 2: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.55
Send PM
Kudos
:) In for R2! Best of luck to all who are getting their Owen apps in R2 with me! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Healthcare
Send PM
Kudos
In for R2! Good luck everyone!

I interviewed during a campus visit in December - if anyone has any questions, I'm happy to share my experience.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V44
GPA: 3.71
WE:Asset Management (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
keb03053 wrote:
In for R2! Good luck everyone!

I interviewed during a campus visit in December - if anyone has any questions, I'm happy to share my experience.

I'd love to hear what you thought of the visit and the interview. I'll be going myself next Friday and haven't heard much about the style of the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
WE:Web Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
In for R2. All the best everyone!
Intern
Intern