Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 08:20 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 08:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.65
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 38
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Booth Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
ragothaman wrote:
So, is that it? Or do I keep my hopes high until Feb2 or Feb4? It's almost like I am looking for a closure here :(

I think there will be 4 more waves of invites (Friday, Monday, Tuesday, Weds) with everyone knowing by the 4th (Based on their blog and how other rounds have gone). key word here is THINK hah...
My bad. I will edit it... I meant feb 4. will update my post Everyone, remember that the majority of invites reported for R1 went out on the last day. It's def not FIFO - I submitted my app about 30 seconds before the deadline (no joke - i had to check the date to make sure it counted). It's probably more to do with who is reading your app and how fast they are.
walkerjosh wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
Yay congrats to all!
Remember, if you get a status update - it's an invite... until Feb 2nd (both dings and invites will get status update emails on that date)

Where did you hear the Feb 2 date? According to the Booth Insider post below, the last day for invites is Feb 4.

https://blogs.chicagobooth.edu/blog/Boot ... ?nav=entry
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
While I haven't yet lost all hope, but I can seriously feel the anxiety now!!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Fosterizer wrote:
Alright, definitely losing hope now!

I have given up! The worst part will not be knowing what it was in my app that did me in.

At least you have those two solid admits! I only applied R2 everywhere so nothing in stone yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [3]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V38
GMAT 2: 660 Q45 V36
GPA: 3.56
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
sulmona wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

I have given up! The worst part will not be knowing what it was in my app that did me in.

At least you have those two solid admits! I only applied R2 everywhere so nothing in stone yet.

I truly don't understand posts like these. Why would you give up now? Especially when Booth Admissions has specifically stated that invitation interviews will continue to go out all the way until the deadline (Feb 4)? And when this has been proven to be historically accurate (referring to angelfire213 's post a few days back: calling-all-booth-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-173724-1140.html#p1475103 )?

Anyways. Maybe I'm totally missing something. But...it isn't over 'till it's over.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
manbear677 wrote:
sulmona wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

I truly don't understand posts like these. Why would you give up now? Especially when Booth Admissions has specifically stated that invitation interviews will continue to go out all the way until the deadline (Feb 4)? And when this has been proven to be historically accurate (referring to angelfire213 's post a few days back: calling-all-booth-applicants-2015-intake-class-of-173724-1140.html#p1475103 )?

Anyways. Maybe I'm totally missing something. But...it isn't over 'till it's over.

purely psychological. so I won't be as disappointed on the 4th. don't get me wrong, I will still anxiously be checking my email each day
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Has Booth already sent out invites to international students? Especially to the two largest pool-India and China?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Long time lurker here, but got an invite today too! Submitted day before deadline, did the presentation, and took the GRE.

Hang in there you guys!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Corporate Finance (Other)
Send PM
Im from Colombia and got an invite today. I did a presentation as well.

Now Im wondering whether to do it on campus, on a hub city (NY) given that i have to go the US soon or here with alumni. I already went to visit back in October.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
I just got an interview invite too!! :) I am from India..

Any round 1 people around know which cities the interviewers are likely to be in?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 30
Send PM
sss27 wrote:

Any round 1 people around know which cities the interviewers are likely to be in?

Congratulations to you!
Did you get your invite around the time you submitted above post or a few hours earlier?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
sss27 wrote:

Hey...Congrats..Can you please share your profile?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [3]
Concentration: Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V40
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos
manbear677 wrote:
sulmona wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

Exactly, well said. Everyone, take a deep breath. Relax. There's four more waves of invites left and it doesn't matter if you got invited in the first wave or in the very last, your chances of getting in are exactly the same. Most people in Round 1 were invited in the last wave on the last day. Stop putting yourself down and just have faith that you did the best you could. I know this is easier said than done, heck, I'm coming into Round 2 with two dings already but I believe in myself and so until the final word is out, I'm gonna keep on keepin' on.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
invited yesterday at 11:34am ET... I submitted an essay-application in mid-December
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.6
sulmona wrote:
Fosterizer wrote:

Who said that AdComs are infallible? When deadling with 5000+ candidates, some apps are bound to be misunderstood or overlooked. I would call it the error interval, like every year, of the 5000 apps, about 100 are under appreciated. That probably doesn´t bring comfort, but it may help relieve the pressure of thinking you did something wrong or didnt do enough.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: At Home at Booth

My path to Chicago Booth is one that began long ago. Growing up in Pentwater, Michigan — a kind of quintessential “Pure Michigan” town — I craved more diversity, art, and culture. My family regularly planned trips to Chicago so we could experience what we couldn’t in Pentwater. It was on these trips that I fell in love with this city. Each part of Chicago encouraged me to get outside of my comfort zone in a different way. I stood still to appreciate beauty at the Art Institute, approached life with creativity and imagination after a Broadway show and, as an avid White Sox fan, learned to rejoice in the small wins, and refrain from being a fair weather anything.

I’ve had the opportunity to live in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Annapolis, Maryland and most recently, South Bend, Indiana. But, I knew eventually I  wanted to live in Chicago — where I’ve always felt at home. When the opportunity to join Chicago Booth’s Admissions team emerged, I knew it was a perfect fit for me, but not simply because I was chasing Chicago for years. My belief that inquiry, curiosity, and diversity of thought are critical to growth is what drew me to continuing my career in higher education at Booth. My affinity for art and culture aren’t the only things that make Chicago a fit for me, it is more than just a matching philosophical outlook. The people make Booth what it is.

As Senior Associate Director of Admissions on the Outreach team, I play a role in helping prospective and admitted students understand this truly unique community as well as the thrilling directions their paths as an MBA student could take them. This includes crafting the campus visit program to mimic a day in the life of a Booth student as well as planning this year’s Summer Business Scholars Program, which gives early career candidates and undergraduate students a three-week preview of the MBA experience. Currently I am working with students to complete the finishing touches of First Day, our signature welcome event for admitted students. Admits will get a taste of what their future as a Booth student holds and meet their classmates on this special day when their community comes together. I am excited to help connect both admitted and prospective students to this place that is so defined by the immeasurably supportive people who fill it.

I look forward to helping you all earn more about Booth and our students through this blog and on the road meeting prospective Boothies this year all over the world.

Sincerely,

Megan Stiphany

Senior Associate Director of Admissions
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: Stern '18 (A)
Send PM
Hey everyone, what's your status of "GMAT Report"? Mine is showing "Awaiting" and that really worries me. But I called the Adm couple times, and they said it's perfectly fine. Is anyone else having the same problem? Thank you!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  60   61   62   63   64   65   66  ...  92   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts