Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [2]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Healthcare, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.1
WE:Pharmaceuticals (Health Care)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 680 Q45 V38
GPA: 3.5
WE:Programming (Other)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 80 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 660 Q48 V33
Send PM
Re: Calling BYU-Marriott Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Hey Guys,
In the admission section of BYU's website I read that International applicants should enter their IERF calculated GPA. When checking the IERF website it says, we need to pay at least 65 $ to get our marks converted to GPA .... It is necessary to pay IERF for the GPA.. I wud be happy to receive feedback on this from those who are selected into BYU.. Thanks in advance
Intern
Intern
Send PM
BYU requires a Evaluation report from IERF for any student with a Degree in a country other than US. You will need to request the IERF Detail Report Evaluation and they will calculate your GPA. They really require IERF evaluation, you can't waive that.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
vinraj wrote:
Hey Guys,
In the admission section of BYU's website I read that International applicants should enter their IERF calculated GPA. When checking the IERF website it says, we need to pay at least 65 $ to get our marks converted to GPA .... It is necessary to pay IERF for the GPA.. I wud be happy to receive feedback on this from those who are selected into BYU.. Thanks in advance

Hey,

I just checked IERF website and saw that $165 has to be paid for evaluation report. Is it true since you have mentioned $65 in your comment? I hope I am not referring to wrong report on their website.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
So I just applied about two weeks ago at the end of round 2. Anyone have any updates getting interviews/accepted? I've got my fingers crossed that I'll hear something soon. Does the invite to interview come via email?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I've submitted my application by the first round, December 1st. I got an interview invitation by e-mail about two weeks later.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
thiagoyahn wrote:
I've submitted my application by the first round, December 1st. I got an interview invitation by e-mail about two weeks later.

Thanks, Thiago. Congrats on being admitted. I'm wondering if it will take a little longer for me to hear a response since I submitted right at the round 2 deadline and there may have been an influx of submissions right around there.

Did you submit close to the deadline, or ahead of time?

Best,
MDL
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I Submitted a week before the deadline, but there was a problem with the required ecclesiastical endorsement and It took a little longer to solve it. In fact they have received all required materials, including the endorsement, in December 1st, right on the deadline. I really think that about two weeks is the average, but I have a friend that got his interview invitation more than a month later.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
thiagoyahn wrote:
I Submitted a week before the deadline, but there was a problem with the required ecclesiastical endorsement and It took a little longer to solve it. In fact they have received all required materials, including the endorsement, in December 1st, right on the deadline. I really think that about two weeks is the average, but I have a friend that got his interview invitation more than a month later.

Thanks again, Thiago. I guess I'll just have to be patient and see what happens. Yesterday evening I received a form email from Julianne Grey thanking me for sending my GMAT score. I'm going to follow up today with her as I had submitted my score back in December, and my application on 1/15. I just want to make sure that everything is squared away on my end (as I believed it was). Did you by chance receive this same email? It talks about how my GMAT score indicates that I would do well in the program. Let me know if you have any thoughts and thanks again!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Just got my invite to interview. Pretty much two weeks to the day from when I submitted my application.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
Concentration: Human Resources, General Management
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 3.69
WE:Education (Education)
Send PM
mdlyman wrote:
thiagoyahn wrote:

Thanks again, Thiago. I guess I'll just have to be patient and see what happens. Yesterday evening I received a form email from Julianne Grey thanking me for sending my GMAT score. I'm going to follow up today with her as I had submitted my score back in December, and my application on 1/15. I just want to make sure that everything is squared away on my end (as I believed it was). Did you by chance receive this same email? It talks about how my GMAT score indicates that I would do well in the program. Let me know if you have any thoughts and thanks again!

I haven't submitted my application yet but I received the same email last week. What was your score?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
Eduardowbeck wrote:
mdlyman wrote:
thiagoyahn wrote:

I haven't submitted my application yet but I received the same email last week. What was your score?

I scored a 660. I was surprised to receive the email since I had already submitted my scores weeks ago, and also because I know my score is about at BYU's average.

I'll be interviewing tomorrow. Hope it goes well!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
mdlyman wrote:

I scored a 660. I was surprised to receive the email since I had already submitted my scores weeks ago, and also because I know my score is about at BYU's average.

I'll be interviewing tomorrow. Hope it goes well!

Let us now how it went.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Eduardowbeck wrote:
Let us now how it went.

The interview with Dr. Nielson went very well! I was fortunate to have met with him last August to go over my plans; this meeting was somewhat of a follow up. However, he did ask me some good probing questions regarding my work experience/resume. Some of the questions were along the lines of:

What was your largest impact at company x?
You mentioned that you had great results at company x, what did you do to achieve this success?

He also wanted to know about my foreign language skills (Russian and German) as there are some recruiting companies that value these languages.

Dr. Nielson let me know at the end of the interview that he thought I would be a good fit for the program and that he would be recommending that I be admitted. Hopefully I'll get a positive decision within this next week!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
It sounds awesome. Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Kudos
Received an email this morning and am officially admitted! See you this fall!!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Human Resources, Statistics
GMAT 1: 650 Q37 V41
GPA: 3.18
WE:Human Resources (Telecommunications)
Send PM
:-D Congratulations! mdlyman

I'm still waiting for an interview invite (anxious). But my last recommendation letter arrived on Jan 30th, so based on what I've read, it will take one or two more weeks to get news.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gsolares wrote:
:-D Congratulations! mdlyman

I'm still waiting for an interview invite (anxious). But my last recommendation letter arrived on Jan 30th, so based on what I've read, it will take one or two more weeks to get news.

Thanks! Good luck on landing an interview. Have you confirmed with BYU that you're application is now complete? Best of luck!!
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts