Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [2]
Given Kudos: 33
Concentration: Finance
Schools: HEC '15 (M)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Finance, Statistics
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.7
WE:Project Management (Telecommunications)
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all HEC applicants (Sept 2015 intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
zat wrote:

Share Your Interview Story!

Hello HEC Applicants!

Good to see so many active participants this year. I guess many of you have completed your interviews and are now awaiting the final decision. And we also have some privileged members who have been admitted to HEC already. And of course we have some silent followers who haven't posted anything yet, but prefer to read all the discussions. I hope that all of you were able to benefit a lot from the discussions posted in this thread and the previous years' threads as well. As you must have noticed many of the past candidates in HEC threads have shared their entire application/interview journey so that future applicants can read about their experience and gain more clarity about the application process.
So now that many of you are done with your applications, I would request you all to share your own story here. Not only will your experience be read by hundreds and thousands of applicants in the future, but it will also be pinned on the first page of this thread (and the next year's thread) so that anyone who visits the thread for the first time can access your story directly. As a bonus, you might earn some kudos from thankful applicants as well. Believe me these experiences are really valuable and go a long way in helping potential applicants.
In case you are wondering how to start, you can check out these experiences of past candidates:
calling-all-hec-applicants-sept-2015-intake-class-of-175809.html#p1424886
hec-paris-sept-intake-class-of-2015-calling-all-applicants-160736-100.html#p1341783
hec-paris-sept-intake-class-of-2015-calling-all-applicants-160736-120.html#p1350076
hec-paris-sept-intake-class-of-2015-calling-all-applicants-160736-120.html#p1354839

Thanks zat! Just completed both my interviews and I have the story fresh in my mind. Will start working on it right away so that it is served hot. :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sirlancelot wrote:
shank001 wrote:
Finally, I am done with both the interviews.
Let the wait begin.

Me too. Just completed my second interview today. Keeping my fingers crossed now.
All the best to all! Let's hope we make to the other end. :lol:
Cheers!

two more days to go. The jury will review the applications tomorrow. So we should hear (good news) from HEC on friday.
Intern
Intern
shank001 wrote:
sirlancelot wrote:
shank001 wrote:
Finally, I am done with both the interviews.
Let the wait begin.

Me too. Just completed my second interview today. Keeping my fingers crossed now.
All the best to all! Let's hope we make to the other end. :lol:
Cheers!

two more days to go. The jury will review the applications tomorrow. So we should hear (good news) from HEC on friday.

Just one more day now. The wait is giving me the heebie-jeebies! :oops:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Technology, Finance
GMAT 1: 720 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.62
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
It is so calm before the storm. :)

All the best guys... Just a few more hours.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Received a mail confirming admission last night!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I've just been admitted to HEC!!! I hope you will get the mail soon!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Got it a few hours back.
I'm in!!!
Intern
Intern
Just received the mail. Rejected. Congratulations to all those who have been admitted. I guess I will concentrate on the other applications now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
sirlancelot wrote:
Just received the mail. Rejected. Congratulations to all those who have been admitted. I guess I will concentrate on the other applications now.

Hard luck sirlancelot! All the best for your other applications.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Accepted as well! Congrats all who made it :)

Originally posted by wishingpraying on 06 Feb 2015, 11:13.
Last edited by wishingpraying on 07 Feb 2015, 01:33, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi I am now shortlisted for the Sept 2015 intake. I am wondering what are the chances of getting in? They will let me know by April 3rd. Most people tell me waitlist is 99% no...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
wishingpraying wrote:
Accepted as well! Congrats all who made it :)

I am in a bit of a rut though. HEC is asking for quite a hefty deposit by March 6. HEC is definitely a top choice but I still want to explore my options with other schools. Do you know if HEC ever gives an extension to their deadline? I'm more than likely going to choose HEC but just want to follow through with my other opportunities, which will not unfold until way after HEC's deadline.

wishingpraying, my friend who got admitted in the Sept deadline, requested for an extension on payment, they very politely refused :(
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Send PM
kritikakria wrote:
Hi I am now shortlisted for the Sept 2015 intake. I am wondering what are the chances of getting in? They will let me know by April 3rd. Most people tell me waitlist is 99% no...

Hi kritikakria,

I am not sure what exactly you mean by "waitlist is 99%" but I believe that you will get your answer if you go through the previous discussions. Are you done with your interviews?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zat wrote:
kritikakria wrote:

Hi kritikakria,

I am not sure what exactly you mean by "waitlist is 99%" but I believe that you will get your answer if you go through the previous discussions. Are you done with your interviews?

zat

I mean that there is a 99% chance of the waitlist being turned to rejection... Atleast thats what I gather from most people.
Current Student
Send PM
kritikakria wrote:
zat wrote:
kritikakria wrote:

Hi kritikakria,

zat

I mean that there is a 99% chance of the waitlist being turned to rejection... Atleast thats what I gather from most people.

I know 2 people from this forum itself who were waitlisted and then admitted in one of the the next rounds. Of course there are rejections as well but from my own experience I wouldn't say that the selection ratio (from waitlist) is so low.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
zat, since you are a current student would you know of any suggested methods of trying to push for my case. The usual tactics would be to email ad com for feedback, provide an essay on any recent development career wise, get more reccos, re take GMAT. Anything else in particular? The Development Manager from my region said there isn't much in her control. I have appealed to the ad com also.. I am holding up another school which expects a deposit soon. But HEC is my first choice but I do want to have a back up. SUCH A TRICKY SITUATION!
Current Student
Send PM
kritikakria wrote:
zat, since you are a current student would you know of any suggested methods of trying to push for my case. The usual tactics would be to email ad com for feedback, provide an essay on any recent development career wise, get more reccos, re take GMAT. Anything else in particular? The Development Manager from my region said there isn't much in her control. I have appealed to the ad com also.. I am holding up another school which expects a deposit soon. But HEC is my first choice but I do want to have a back up. SUCH A TRICKY SITUATION!

Unfortunately, there is nothing in particular you can do to push your case. You have already sent a mail to the admissions team reaffirming your interest in HEC. You could also inform them about any recent career developments in a follow up mail.
Just FYI: Unlike other universities, at HEC you do not have a waitlist number and your application will be treated at par with the fresh applications in the next round. Each profile is reviewed independently and if your profile is better compared to other applicants in the next round, you will get selected. I understand that waiting period is very painful. But don't lose hope and don't get too tensed. Relax and try to do some more research about the program.
Wish you all the best!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  16   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts