Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 10:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 10:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GPA: 3.5
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Statistics
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all Duke-Fuqua Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Are there any stats that show the number of those that interviewed - and were granted admission to Duke?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
oaktree wrote:
Are there any stats that show the number of those that interviewed - and were granted admission to Duke?

First page of this thread my friend.

This year might be more selective though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Yea - I saw the stats from Page 1. I don't know how "good" those are - as they seem to be based only on people who are members of the GMAT CLUB.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
oaktree wrote:
Yea - I saw the stats from Page 1. I don't know how "good" those are - as they seem to be based only on people who are members of the GMAT CLUB.

I think it's the best proxy we'll get, as far as I know the schools don't publish too many metrics. mbadataguru.com has some Duke stats but I think they're based on GMAT Club..not sure though.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Concentration: Operations, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 770 Q47 V51
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
revul wrote:
oaktree wrote:

I think it's the best proxy we'll get, as far as I know the schools don't publish too many metrics. mbadataguru.com has some Duke stats but I think they're based on GMAT Club..not sure though.

You can also check the stats at the Fuqua profile on beatthegmat.com. You'll still run into the same problem of selection bias in terms of who chooses to submit their info, but you can look back at previous years and get a sense of the profiles of those who applied, were interviewed, and were admitted.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Also not invited here, and this is the first ding/waitlist of all my schools. But since they mentioned " this is not a final decision on your application. It is possible that you would be invited to interview at a later stage in this round," so I'm still keeping hope that I may be invited later on.

Anyway, good luck to all of those who got invited.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
For what it's worth, the admissions director has said at an information session that when they make a class, each cut is roughly 50%:
50% of applicants are interviewed
50% of interviewees are accepted
50% of accepted students enroll
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
oaktree wrote:

Personally I wouldn't read into them - beyond selection bias I don't think GMAT club members are necessarily representative of the general applicant population

ksc104046 wrote:
SC29 wrote:
Got an interview too!

Does anyone know if there's any advantage to travelling to Durham / a hub city for the interview? I'm willing to do so if it helps convince the ad com how keen I am to go to Fuqua!

Based on what I read in the Essaysnark guides, Duke is very big on campus visits. I was kicking myself for not taking advantage of the open interview period because I heard that does help legitimize your interest in the school. They do recommend visiting the campus for your interview, so if you're able to do so I definitely would.

Surprisingly NYC is not a hub city so looks like I'll be flying there as well.

Hmm. Fair point. I'm a Londoner so it's quite a journey to Durham - if I got accepted I'd definitely attend the Blue Devils Weekend in April. Really not sure whether I can make two trips in two months... this is a tough one!

dhruvm wrote:
Invited.

No idea about dates though. Can someone throw some light on probable time frame for interviews?

https://www.fuqua.duke.edu/daytime-mba/a ... w-process/

Apparently Feb 9-25
Manager
Manager
Send PM
SC29 wrote:
oaktree wrote:

Personally I wouldn't read into them - beyond selection bias I don't think GMAT club members are necessarily representative of the general applicant population.

True, but they're representative of other GMAT club members ...ish!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 580 Q33 V35
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.22
WE:Operations (Retail)
Send PM
Not invited to interview. I visited last week while interviewing at UNC and really liked the campus. The admissions officer told us to write an additional essay on the subject of the campus visit. I did this; I wonder if I didn't get it completed in time for the interview decisions. I don't want to hang my hat on that last essay giving me a possible late invite to interview though.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
SC29 wrote:
Got an interview too!

Does anyone know if there's any advantage to travelling to Durham / a hub city for the interview? I'm willing to do so if it helps convince the ad com how keen I am to go to Fuqua!

I would make the trip to Fuqua if there is a possibility.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GMAT 1: 680 Q39 V42
GPA: 3.28
WE:Operations (Education)
Send PM
EndGame wrote:
SC29 wrote:
Got an interview too!

I had originally scheduled San Francisco as my interview location on my application. Apparently the Durham slots are booked solid, so there's no way to make a change to an on-campus interview at this point... :?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [3]
Send PM
Kudos
ThePot wrote:
alwayswaiting wrote:
ThePot wrote:
Not invited. Second ding this season

Same here, bud. Though I guess we probably shouldn't completely give up until it shows a deny or waitlist.

Nah I've given up. Duke was my dream school. Moving on. Prolly will get a ding from darden too. Will settle for georgetown if i dont screw up that interview as well.

It may seem the toughest thing to do right now, but you gotta stay positive my friend. Also, I would resist the temptation to extrapolate any individual school's decisions to the other schools' likely decisions because at the top schools the correlations are not strong and there is fair amount of unpredictability given that the schools are trying to craft balanced classes (a process that has its own internal dynamic for each school). After receiving the first set of my "dings" i was in a pretty bad shape too. I would often start hopelessly wondering if the problem was with the strength of my profile, my application strategy or the fact that I was part of an over-subscribed applicant pool. But then things turned around. I see a bunch of pretty good programs on your list. So try and focus your time and energy on what lies ahead, but most importantly , always keep your head up.!!

Originally posted by EndGame on 05 Feb 2015, 12:53.
Last edited by EndGame on 05 Feb 2015, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Send PM
Achelous wrote:
EndGame wrote:
SC29 wrote:
Got an interview too!

I had originally scheduled San Francisco as my interview location on my application. Apparently the Durham slots are booked solid, so there's no way to make a change to an on-campus interview at this point... :?

From what I have heard, new slots keep opening for a number of reasons as the interview season progresses. I suggest checking with the admissions office to see if they allow you to interview in Durham if/when there is a slot available. That being said, every year a whole lot of people get in by interviewing from Hubs/alumni/online etc.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
EndGame wrote:

From what I have heard, new slots keep opening for a number of reasons as the interview season progresses. I suggest checking with the admissions office to see if they allow you to interview in Durham if/when there is a slot available. That being said, every year a whole lot of people get in by interviewing from Hubs/alumni/online etc.

Thanks endgame! I'll definitely keep that in mind and drop another line to admissions to see about the possibilities. At the moment I'm going to proceed with my SF interview. Crossing my fingers that it goes well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Kudos
Achelous wrote:
EndGame wrote:

Thanks endgame! I'll definitely keep that in mind and drop another line to admissions to see about the possibilities. At the moment I'm going to proceed with my SF interview. Crossing my fingers that it goes well.

Good luck. Think I am going to interview in London too - so fingers crossed for both of us!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SC29 wrote:

Good luck. Think I am going to interview in London too - so fingers crossed for both of us!

Definitely! Good luck to you too SC29. Hope to see you at Fuqua later in the year!

It's interesting to think of how quickly this is all going to move once the interview is complete. Exciting and nerve wracking.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  49   50   51   52   53   54   55  ...  71   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts