Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 07:20 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [5]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
Sk1ver wrote:
Received the call 10 min ago! russia! In with $ !!!!

Posted from my mobile device

Congrats!! Good luck to everyone today!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 56 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 3.93
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Good luck today, all! No call is NEVER the end of the world.

Side note: Despite being a January applicant, I can't help but be incredibly jealous of all who receive admission calls today! I actually get discouraged when I don't get a call in a round in which I didn't even submit an app! What's the matter for me?!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
Send PM
Sk1ver wrote:

Congrats! Did your call come from adcom or a local alum?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Hello everyone - is it still worth applying R3 for Tuck and going for the open interview and class visit? I am really interested in this school (love the culture, curriculum and strong network) but have heard R3 may be a crap shoot? 2.7 GPA (Engineering); 710 GMAT strong EC's, WE and recommendations.

Can someone please shed some light?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [2]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Kudos
Got the call 10:21AM ET from adcom in Hanover (603 area code). Admission letters will be up on the website at 5:00PM. Scholarship info (if any) will come in a follow-on hard mailing.

Tuck is truly an amazing institution and Hanover is a wonderful place to spend two years of your life. Best of luck everyone!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
bschool2012 wrote:
Hello everyone - is it still worth applying R3 for Tuck and going for the open interview and class visit? I am really interested in this school (love the culture, curriculum and strong network) but have heard R3 may be a crap shoot? 2.7 GPA (Engineering); 710 GMAT strong EC's, WE and recommendations.

Round 3 is a tricky time to apply everywhere and I have a feeling that Tuck really likes people to apply in its October Early Action Round. If you are interested in Tuck, you should still consider applying in April. At most, you hear that you get in a month later and minimize the stress of waiting. At least, you lose the application fee but (1) show commitment to Tuck when you reapply EA to them the following cycle and (2) you gain experience for other business school applications and interviews. Plus, Hanover is an awesome place to visit if you've never been. I hope this helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
GMAT 1: 630 Q33 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Thurston wrote:
Got the call 10:21AM ET from adcom in Hanover (603 area code). Admission letters will be up on the website at 5:00PM. Scholarship info (if any) will come in a follow-on hard mailing.

Tuck is truly an amazing institution and Hanover is a wonderful place to spend two years of your life. Best of luck everyone!

Way to go Thurston! Where are you located?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Thurston, that was a quick decision to matriculate at Booth. Any particular reason? Were you simply waiting to see if you got some sort of scholarship from Tuck?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Schools: Duke '17 (M)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V38
Send PM
Thurston wrote:
bschool2012 wrote:

Round 3 is a tricky time to apply everywhere and I have a feeling that Tuck really likes people to apply in its October Early Action Round. If you are interested in Tuck, you should still consider applying in April. At most, you hear that you get in a month later and minimize the stress of waiting. At least, you lose the application fee but (1) show commitment to Tuck when you reapply EA to them the following cycle and (2) you gain experience for other business school applications and interviews. Plus, Hanover is an awesome place to visit if you've never been. I hope this helps!

Completely agree. Tuck looks favorably on re-applicants. If you apply in April and don't get in, think of it as part of your strategy!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Given Kudos: 23
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
IN!!! Got the call 2 hours back 2000 hrs India time (9.30 EST). Suds, Tuck alum from India, called from Hanover! Delirious and totally stupefied!! Went out for a drink to calm my nerves before posting this! :)
No mention of scholarship, so I am assuming I am not getting any!

Originally posted by DorkusMaximus on 13 Feb 2015, 09:27.
Last edited by DorkusMaximus on 03 Mar 2015, 21:44, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
AM76N wrote:
Sk1ver wrote:

Congrats! Did your call come from adcom or a local alum?

adcom
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.49
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Just got the call at 11:25. Made it in!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V42
WE:Law (Law)
Send PM
Kudos
Got my call at 10:47 EST. I'm in! =)

No scholarship money, and got the call from the admissions office.

WL and dings will be out by 5pm EST. Letters with further info on admissions and scholarship (if any) and gifts (a scarf and winter cap, I believe) shall arrive in the following days.

Good luck yo you all!

Originally posted by ggimenez on 13 Feb 2015, 09:43.
Last edited by ggimenez on 13 Feb 2015, 09:59, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Anyone in the far east asia got a happy call?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Just so I know what to expect.
If you don't have an interview invite is that a reject? Or do they waitlist?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V48
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Just got a call 20 mins back in London!!! Wow..spoke with Dawna Clarke...I am not quite sure whether I spoke anything remotely sane :P

Congratulations to everyone getting the calls; those waiting for the call - best of luck and hang on, you will be getting one soon :)
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Day in the life of a first-year Tuckie

By: Dominic Yau T’16

Dominic grew up in Hong Kong and London. After graduating from University of Warwick in 2008 with a bachelor’s in mathematics, he worked as an insurance underwriter for Markel International. Dominic enjoys playing rugby, tripod hockey, and reading outside of the classroom.

I had the pleasure of meeting several prospective applicants this fall while volunteering for events through the admissions office. This was definitely a surreal experience since it feels like it was just yesterday that I was on the other side of the fence trying to learn about what life at Tuck was like. One common question that I hear from prospective applicants is “What is a typical day at Tuck like?” Before sharing what a typical day at Tuck is like for me, I will say that oftentimes, no two days at Tuck are the same! Here is a snapshot of one of my days during Fall B.

07:00 Rouse myself and wake up. I usually hit snooze for about 30 minutes before actually getting up to shower and have breakfast.

08:15 Set off from my dorm room for the arduous five minute walk to my first class. 

08:30 First class of the day which happens to be Capital Markets. Today we learned about how to price stocks. Don’t worry if this makes no sense to you at all—you will be surprised how quickly you learn about the inner workings of the finance world.

10:00 End of Capital Markets. Phew! Time for a vital coffee break before the next class. Most of my classmates usually have the same idea.

10:20 Second class of the day. It is a complete change of pace as we switch from the hard finance of Capital Markets to Personal Leadership. There was an interesting back and forth conversation about Nelson Mandela’s leadership style.

12:00 All that learning sure made me hungry. Time for a lunch break with my classmates in Byrne dining hall. Occasionally I will spend my lunchtime hosting prospective student lunches.

13:00 Time to meet with my study group, AKA my extended family here at Tuck. Through some magical process, the MBA program office always does a great job putting study groups together, and mine is no different. We share the highs and lows together throughout the Fall A and B terms. Today we are working on the next set of homework for Capital Markets as well as talking about the upcoming midterms.

15:00 Quick call home to my girlfriend who is still based in London. She is a long-distance Tuck Partner and I make it a priority to fit her into my busy Tuck life as much as possible.

17:00 Rugby training today. After all the studying it is always great to run around and get some fresh air.

18:30 Grab dinner in the dining hall. Run into a few classmates there and end up catching up over dinner.

19:30 Finally: A bit of down time. Sometimes I will work on homework or do something recruiting related, but today I had a chance to relax and listen to some music.

21:30 Head out for my tripod hockey game, which is easily one of my favorite activities at Tuck even if I am pretty terrible. It is amazing that I can kind of play the game now, seeing as I did not know the rules at all when I started.

23:00 Quick shower when I get home, and then it’s time to just relax before getting some sleep in preparation for the next day.

This is just a taste into a typical day at Tuck. It is very busy but actually a lot of the things I do are for fun and things I choose to do. It is not all work related!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts