Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:26 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 66
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Which School to Choose Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 95 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q47 V45
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Re: Tuck (Dartmouth): Class of 2017 - Calling All Applicants! [#permalink]
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
ssatheesh wrote:
Folks, Does someone know an admit who made it through the waitlist last year?

Last year almost no one made it off the wait list. On GMAT club only 1 out of 35 people were accepted off the waitlist. They seemed to have an especially high yield last year compared to normal.

For those of you who are not on the waitlist, I just finished an analysis of acceptance rate at Tuck that may be helpful for estimating chance of admission.

Thanks for this. Is the round 4 data statistically significant? Do you have stats for round 4 - are the applicants just lower quality from the data you used?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 168 [1]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
Schools: Stern '16 (M)
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V44
WE:Analyst (Retail Banking)
Send PM
Kudos
jessepinkman wrote:
ConsultingOrBust wrote:
ssatheesh wrote:
Folks, Does someone know an admit who made it through the waitlist last year?

Last year almost no one made it off the wait list. On GMAT club only 1 out of 35 people were accepted off the waitlist. They seemed to have an especially high yield last year compared to normal.

For those of you who are not on the waitlist, I just finished an analysis of acceptance rate at Tuck that may be helpful for estimating chance of admission.

Thanks for this. Is the round 4 data statistically significant? Do you have stats for round 4 - are the applicants just lower quality from the data you used?

The round 4 difference was statistically significant. The difference in acceptance rate based on round took into account other stats such as GMAT and GPA. So the lower acceptance rate was not due to lower quality applicants but fewer spots left or potentially something not represented in stats like resume/essay/interview quality.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [3]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
Had my interview yesterday with a second year student. It was a very straight forward one. 30 minutes discussion, where in the interviewer asked questions for around 22 -23 minutes and I was given the rest of the time to ask any questions I had.

Although I am not sure how did I do :)

Here are the questions:

1. Walk me through your resume
2. Leadership experience
3. Team work
4. Strengths
4. Why MBA
5. Why Tuck
6. What will you bring to Tuck
7. Biggest accomplishment/One thing you are proud of
8. Failure
9. A question about GMAT Club
10. Any other thing you want to talk about
11. Questions for us.

Lets see what's in the store on the 13th.

All the best!
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: From Military to MBA

By Kristin Roth

Kristin is an Associate Director of Admissions at the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth and has been with Tuck since 2007. She serves on the admissions committee, reads applications, interviews candidates, leads recruitment of military veterans, and travels globally for Tuck.

Though you may have heard this before, it bears repeating: MBA programs value students with military experience. At Tuck, our military students bring a high level of leadership, teamwork, grace under pressure, and gravitas to the community. They contribute strongly in the classroom and to their study groups and project teams. Military MBAs have proven themselves in multiple areas and recruiters value the knowledge and experience they add, gained from their years of service and from their MBA education.

Service members and veterans have a lot to grapple with as they consider whether an MBA is right for them. What will I gain from an MBA program? Where can I go with an MBA? What will it cost? What type of program is the best fit? As in much of life, the answers to these questions aren’t clear cut and immutable. So much depends on you. But as you consider the next step, keep the following in mind:

MBA Value

An MBA is a versatile degree. A general management program gives you a rigorous foundation in all aspects of business. You’ll learn how to transition your leadership skills into a civilian environment, how to create a financial model, and how to analyze a company’s marketing strategy. You’ll learn about the consulting, finance, manufacturing, consumer packaged goods, and energy industries. This helps you build a portfolio of skills and experience that will be invaluable throughout your career.

Career Choices

Many military veterans will find they have opportunities to land great jobs as they transition out of service. The choice to do an MBA is based not only on what you want to do in your first job out of the military, but also on what you want to do 5, 10, and 20 years out. With your MBA knowledge, the experiential learning you’ll receive in your MBA, and an amazing network of peers, faculty, and staff at your fingertips, you’ll have the ability to move in almost any direction you want, now and in the future.

The Bottom Line

Various schools offer differing levels of support to veterans, on top of what you’re eligible for from your VA benefits. You’ll want to be sure you understand your VA benefits eligibility and understand what the school offers. Tuck is one of the top schools that participates in YRP without limitation on the number of vets enrolled. Some schools cap enrollment at a certain number, frequently on a first-come first-served basis. Be sure to check into each school’s maximum funding level, which makes your financial obligations much smaller as you move through the program. The VA offers a great website, the GI Bill Comparison Tool, which will help you learn more about what each school offers. One caveat: always double check the information you get with the schools themselves, as things can change.

Best Fit

This requires both soul searching and school research to determine best fit. All applicants need to consider the program size they prefer, the location that works best for them, the program’s distinctions from other MBA programs, as well as many other factors. Specific areas that active-duty military and veterans may want to think about are environment, financial support, percentage of veterans in the school/program, personalized support with academic and career issues, and special programs for veterans.

Good luck with the admissions process!

(Photo above: Armed Forces Alumni Association members sit on a student panel during Tuck's 2014 Military Visit Day. Learn more about the AFAA and Military Visit Day here.) 
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Real Estate, Marketing
GMAT 1: 670 Q40 V42
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
I have been admitted to Tuck and i am almost sure i am going.
I just have to wait to see if i get a scholarship from Darden.

I am considering withdrawing my application from Notredame (been invited to interview) hoping someone more interested will have a chance.
I dont know if that is a good play or do i just go through with it
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 65 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
nnamdi wrote:

I am considering withdrawing my application from Notredame (been invited to interview) hoping someone more interested will have a chance.

Are there any circumstances in which you'd take Notredame over Tuck? If not, cancel the interview. No point wasting their time and yours :) Grats on the Tuck invite.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
Hello folks! Had my interview about a week ago - mind playing tonnes of tricks on me. It wasn't the most conventional Tuck interview I.e friendly and warm etc. - it was the exact opposite! Almost felt cornered by the alum (I would even call him rude/arrogant).

Has anyone else had a similar "grilling" experience? I'm losing my mind trying to figure out if he was just trying to see how I respond to pressure or he was genuinely bored and uninterested!

Help!

Posted from my mobile device
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Send PM
I am not sure how my interview went.
My interviewer did not reply to my Thank You Note.

Enough reasons to be worried and probably sad? :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I know where you're coming from - my interviewer shuffled between looking bored and having a smug smirk on his face. That too over Skype - not the best medium to make an impression!

I normally do well in "fit" interviews. But this alum made me seriously question that belief!

Any other India applicants who can share their iv experience?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ankurgupta - I dont think a lack of reply should worry you. S/he is probably busy writing out several other reports/conducting ivs. Hang in there :-)

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
Send PM
tangerinedbs wrote:
I know where you're coming from - my interviewer shuffled between looking bored and having a smug smirk on his face. That too over Skype - not the best medium to make an impression!

I normally do well in "fit" interviews. But this alum made me seriously question that belief!

Any other India applicants who can share their iv experience?

My interviewer was very sweet and did not interrupt much. He gave me the time to make my case. Cannot comment on what he thought about my interview though. Indian applicant.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [0]
Send PM
My interviewer was also calm and did not interrupt me or grill me. Still I feel I was not able to wow him in the interview...
Lets hope that the lack of reply is due to lack of time and not due to lack of interest...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ankurgupta03 wrote:
I am not sure how my interview went.
My interviewer did not reply to my Thank You Note.

Enough reasons to be worried and probably sad? :(

mine didnt reply for two days but i still got in
Manager
Manager
Send PM
revul wrote:
nnamdi wrote:

Are there any circumstances in which you'd take Notredame over Tuck? If not, cancel the interview. No point wasting their time and yours :) Grats on the Tuck invite.

A full ride at NotreDame yes. money is a really important to me as i would be returning to a family business with no salary, really dont want a debt burden of 120 - 150k over my head.
Director
Director
Send PM
FROM Tuck Admissions Blog: Helping Nonprofits & Increasing Experience: Tuck Student Consulting Services

By Alex Rogalski T'15

Alex is a second-year student at Tuck. After receiving his BA at Connecticut College, he joined Cambridge Associates in their Boston office where he spent four years helping nonprofit institutions invest their assets. Born and raised in Hanover, NH, Alex was thrilled to be able to get back to the Upper Valley for business school. After graduation Alex will be moving back to Boston to work with L.E.K. Consulting.

When applying to the Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth I knew that I wanted to get a job in management consulting, but after spending four years working with nonprofit institutions, I was also looking for a way to volunteer while at Tuck.

When skimming through the Tuck website, I came across a page for the Tuck Student Consulting Services (TSCS) which detailed how TSCS provides a platform for first years to get consulting experience by working with local businesses and nonprofits on strategic initiatives. This appeared to be the perfect opportunity to work with some of my new classmates and help out in the local community, thereby merging my career goals with my interest in helping nonprofits.

My first year project involved helping the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge source new revenue streams while reducing costs. My team and I ended up traveling to the Moosilauke Ravine Lodge and meeting with members of the Moosilauke staff so that we could get a better idea of their operations and facility. After providing a recommendation on how to improve profitability through selling excess inventory into new channels and streamline the dining operations, I decided I wanted to continue to be involved with TSCS in my second year, and applied to co-lead TSCS.

This year, as a co-leader of TSCS, I worked alongside Annu Kayastha T'15 and Josh Brough T'15 to build on the success of our first year projects. We marketed TSCS in a variety of venues, including a volunteer-themed TuckTails, the Tuck club fair, and through email, the Tuck website, and posters in order to generate awareness among both first-year students and clients. Fortunately, we had tons of potential clients, and at Tuck, there’s always a huge interest in both consulting and volunteering! Ultimately, we were able to staff almost 100 students (~40 percent of the first-year class!) on 23 clients.

Throughout the course of the fall term as our classmates worked on their projects, Annu, Josh, and I worked to drive a balance between supporting our first year classmates, while also allowing them ownership of their individual projects. We decided to hold meetings with each of the teams midway through their project, while also letting them know we could rope in any support needed. When we ultimately saw the final projects, we, and more importantly the clients, were thrilled by the high quality recommendations generated!

In January, we held an event in Stell Hall, where all 23 consulting teams could show off their work to the rest of the Tuck and local community. Two newspapers covered the event and focused on TSCS: a local newspaper called the Valley News and Dartmouth's student newspaper, the Dartmouth. Now that TSCS is winding down, the next step is deciding who will lead the team next year. I’m looking forward to seeing what they do with TSCS!

TSCS receives support from the Center for Business & Society. Watch here as two Tuckies describe their TSCS experience.

(Photo above: Students present their consulting projects in Stell Hall.)
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q47 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q48 V40
Send PM
Is it me or is Tuck just the whitest school out there? I know bschools have issues with diversity and what not but Tuck seems to be the worst. In all of there marketing and admissions literature it seems that URMs are not represented. As an urm I would not feel comfortable at Tuck.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Send PM
As a white male, this is an observation I made during my visit to Tuck las well. Could a current Tuckie comment? I understand the small class size may be why this may project as such (vs. a Wharton) but would love any thoughts?

greerwest wrote:
Is it me or is Tuck just the whitest school out there? I know bschools have issues with diversity and what not but Tuck seems to be the worst. In all of there marketing and admissions literature it seems that URMs are not represented. As an urm I would not feel comfortable at Tuck.

GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  44   45   46   47   48   49   50  ...  66   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts