Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V37
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V42
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [3]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q46 V44
GPA: 3.67
Send PM
Re: Calling Haas(Berkeley) Applicants(2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
Fellow Interview Hopefuls,

I've done some digging in last year's thread and it was a pretty hilarious experience seeing the exact same nervous questions and tea leaf reading we see in this thread. Anyway, for what it's worth, last year for round two the latest interview invitation that was reported was sent out on March 5. So if you think that has any predictive bearing on this year, then you have just enough hope for the wait to be soul crushingly unbearable. Personally I choose the unbearable soul crushing and remain optimistic.

Hang in there all.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Did anyone else received the mail with subject "Round 2 application update" quoting us to stick on as they are supposedly in review process?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
Yes, the same email came out last year. Thank goodness I knew that or I would have thought I was being invited...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.27
WE:Sales (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Haha..me too at first glance got hopeful of some update from Haas..:D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
Send PM
Kudos
We interview in no particular order so whether you are asked early or late in the Round is no indication of how we feel about your candidacy.

I get that they're trying to be diplomatic but I just can't imagine that this is true...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 37 [0]
Send PM
Yes, I am greatly inclined to agree with you. I feel like it's simply something they have to say.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
FROM Haas Admissions Blog: An EMBA Evening on Healthcare Entrepreneurship
How do you strike out on your own from a steady job, start a company in the notoriously hostile arena of healthcare and thrive? For anyone who’s pondered this question, we found three individuals who’d done just that and were willing to share their success stories during the EMBA Healthcare Entrepreneurs Panel earlier this year at the Claremont Hotel.

There are many leadership opportunities beyond the classroom of the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program. One of my responsibilities as class president is to organize the speaker series for the class of 2015. Each Friday sees a noteworthy speaker visit Haas to share their business and life lessons, and to spark debate and reflection over lunch with students.

The deep network of my classmates means that we have a steady stream of diverse and enriching topics for us among our invited speakers. For instance, in the last few months we’ve covered subjects ranging from energy efficiency to the impact of technology on mankind; we’ve  been challenged by a thought leader in social marketing and the former chief of staff of the Indian army.  

Late last year fellow student Alf Cheng approached me with the name of an entrepreneurial biotech executive who'd be a great match for the speaker series, but couldn’t make the lunch slots during our usual Thursday to Saturday class format. As members of the student officers group, Alf and I are focused on making the best of the student experience, building out connections and representing the Berkeley-Haas EMBA brand.

Physicians from the Berkeley MBA for Executives Program classes of 15 and 16: Jason Weisner (16), Zino DiPerna (15), Sandeep Garg (15), and Johannes Peters (16). 

A chance to do something in all three areas appeared as we contemplated an evening panel event, allowing students more time to socialize, switch things over from a formal presentation format and be unconstrained by our regular one-hour slot. In short order, we recruited two more Haas healthcare entrepreneurs from our network and the event came together.

One of the reasons I chose to study at Haas was the abundance of connections to students and faculty both within and beyond the business school. In addition to our classmates, we brought in students from our program's class of 2014 and also newly-admitted members of the class of 2016, as well as students from both the Berkeley-Haas Evening & Weekend and Full-time  Programs. We also reached out to students at the School of Public Health through the Haas Healthcare Association and also students from other business-schools in the area. 

Over the course of the evening, our panel shared some of the unique challenges associated with entrepreneurship in the pharma/biotech arena—including the challenges of pitching to venture capitalists accustomed to tech-style quick exits, the critical importance of building a good board aligned with your interests, how to play to your strengths, and how to contemplate running a clinical trial outside of the US for a fraction of the usual cost and overhead of a traditional program. Coming so soon after our Silicon Valley Immersion Week, this close up view of healthcare entrepreneurship added an extra dimension for the EMBA class of 2015.

Once the panel wrapped up, conversations carried on into the night over wine and dinner, business cards were exchanged, plans made to meet at other events, and students took more lessons back to their day jobs. All in all, a great networking and learning event that came about through challenging the status quo of the our speaker program format.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Haas '17 (D)
Send PM
Got my interview invite this week. I applied on the R2 due date. GMAT 690-720
Keep your hopes up. Looks like they have only invited 13% so far, vs a total of 18% in R1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
Send PM
Do you remember when your file went "under review"?

HaasBass wrote:
Keep your hopes up. Looks like they have only invited 13% so far, vs a total of 18% in R1.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
MLetty wrote:
Do you remember when your file went "under review"?

HaasBass wrote:

Posted from my mobile device

For those that want to read into the tea leaves...my file went "under review" about 1 week after I applied (day of deadline). And I received my interview invite last week. I was able to select a slot up til the first week of March.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Greetings Fellow Haas Fans! I applied via the Consortium during R2 and have not received an interview invite. I submitted my application, via Consortium, on 1/5/2015 but my Haas admissions account indicates that my application was received on 1/14/15. Are other Haas applicants, who applied via Consortium, experiencing delays in receiving interview invitations?

Either 1) the Consortium application process delayed the review of my application, 2) admissions officers are still reviewing my application or 3) Haas has decided to pass on my application. I'm hoping that responses to my question point to #1 above...

Good luck to all on your applications/interviews/careers/etc!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I applied through consortium and my app was received by HAAS on 1/16 and went under review on 1/22 (got a separate email). No interview invite yet, but ~3 consortium applicants have gotten an interview.

SamB47 wrote:
Greetings Fellow Haas Fans! I applied via the Consortium during R2 and have not received an interview invite. I submitted my application, via Consortium, on 1/5/2015 but my Haas admissions account indicates that my application was received on 1/14/15. Are other Haas applicants, who applied via Consortium, experiencing delays in receiving interview invitations?

Either 1) the Consortium application process delayed the review of my application, 2) admissions officers are still reviewing my application or 3) Haas has decided to pass on my application. I'm hoping that responses to my question point to #1 above...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q43 V34
GPA: 3.4
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Thanks for the response! I have a friend (Consortium also), who is not part of GMATClub community, who received an invite about two weeks ago and is interviewing early next week.

If we don't hear back by end of next week I guess that the probability of an interview invitation drops dramatically...

MLetty wrote:
I applied through consortium and my app was received by HAAS on 1/16 and went under review on 1/22 (got a separate email). No interview invite yet, but ~3 consortium applicants have gotten an interview.

SamB47 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
Agreed. :(

SamB47 wrote:
Thanks for the response! I have a friend (Consortium also), who is not part of GMATClub community, who received an invite about two weeks ago and is interviewing early next week.

If we don't hear back by end of next week I guess that the probability of an interview invitation drops dramatically...

MLetty wrote:

SamB47 wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Haas '17 (D)
Send PM
I went under review shortly after the R2 deadline - so took about 6 weeks
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [1]
Concentration: Nonprofit, Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V46
GPA: 3.96
WE:Consulting (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Kudos
Was anybody at the Super Saturday event today? I was from the gold cohort and wondering if anybody else from my group is on here!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.81
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Cartman4179 wrote:
Was anybody at the Super Saturday event today? I was from the gold cohort and wondering if anybody else from my group is on here!

I'm gold too! I absolutely loved the experience and the people I met. Go Gold!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  23   24   25   26   27   28   29  ...  47   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts