Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:13 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [1]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2015 Consortium Applicants Thread [#permalink]
Kudos
rolls eyes.

Nobody was "coming for" anybody. I didn't do research on consortium (didn't know what OP was either till much later) but yeaaa enjoy your pedestal with your "stats".

aanyway - guess everyone got that email from The consortium basically saying.....nothing. Mid-march huh? Nothing we didn't know before.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
rolls eyes.

Nobody was "coming for" anybody. I didn't do research on consortium (didn't know what OP was either till much later) but yeaaa enjoy your pedestal with your "stats".

aanyway - guess everyone got that email from The consortium basically saying.....nothing. Mid-march huh? Nothing we didn't know before.

I received the same email.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
angelfire213 wrote:
rolls eyes.

OOOOooooooooWwwweeeeeeee, somebody is mad! #salty #MissMeWithThatFoolishness

Maaannn lissen....how about we call it a truce, angelfire213? It's all love here on this forum. GMATClub provides us with an opportunity to share information with each other in an informal and communal way, and that's what this forum is for. So next time, please don't go discounting the information that others share on here simply because you don't agree with it or think it's wrong. Just skip it if it's not relevant to you and move on.

I, for one, am here to help folks out and glean some insights in return, not squabble with folks like we're in high school. I'm just trying to get to bschool. Can't we all just get along? :-D
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
amj643 wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
The bolding is mine.

My point in defending my positions is that I don't say things unless I know them to be true to a reasonable doubt. MOST APPLICANTS, IRRESPECTIVE OF ETHNICITY, DO NOT DO THEIR RESEARCH IN THE PROCESS OF APPLYING TO BSCHOOL. And I mean real, hard, digging down to the ground research. Fact. How on earth do you think there are so many applicants every year to business school, and it's so competitive to get into schools? Because if everyone spent the time to learn this game, really, really well, there wouldn't be folks applying to bschool fresh out of college to schools that require two years of work experience, or folks who want to be high powered Management Consultants post-MBA spending time applying to schools like Georgetown and Emory...THOSE ARE NOT THE BEST SCHOOLS THAT CHURN OUT HIGH POWERED MANAGEMENT CONSULTANTS!

POINT BLANK: I am well aware that there are lots of people who don't know what we know about this process. I don't have hard numbers, which is why I don't give percentages or, well, hard numbers (yet another thing you've failed to notice in my posts.) If you don't like my assertions about the process, it is all good, yo...ignore them. For real. IGNORE THEM. But next time, also be sure to point out WHEN I'M WRONG when you do. Checking my stats...not to be cocky, but I haven't been wrong yet. :fyi

Umm according to businessweek, Emory's top industry after graduation is consulting, 36% of their students go on to be hired as consultants, and Deloitte is their largest employer. I mean please correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I went into the interview today stating and I am going to feel like an idiot if that is not true
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Yebraj wrote:
Umm according to businessweek, Emory's top industry after graduation is consulting, 36% of their students go on to be hired as consultants, and Deloitte is their largest employer. I mean please correct me if I am wrong, but that is what I went into the interview today stating and I am going to feel like an idiot if that is not true

Oh you had your interview today? How did it go?!?!

And I'm sure it's fine to say that you want to be a consultant. What I'm saying is that Emory isn't a "consultant-making factory" like other schools. All schools send students into Consulting afterwards. But, for example, Tuck, HBS, Booth and others are known for their high percentage of graduates going into consulting post-MBA. The same is true for graduates going into marketing after Kellogg, and finance after Wharton. They are stereotypes, but they happen to be reflected in the employment reports of each school as well. A lot of other schools also send students into consulting w/ McKinsey or BCG or Bain being the top recruiters, so those are the places likely to be considered consulting factories.

Emory has it in good w/ Deloitte though. I know Deloitte has a huge office there in Atlanta, so Emory is the perfect market for Deloitte to snatch up MBAs...
Well, the good thing is we only have 2 weeks to go.

How is focus at work?

Anyone else apply to non-cgsm schools that they really want to go to? Have you thought about what you'd do if you got into you #1 cgsm school with the scholarship and your #1 non-cgsm school without it?

I know one of the moderators here had to make that choice...

I swear I pass time running so many "what-if" scenarios in my head.

LazyBoy8 wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
rolls eyes.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
Well, the good thing is we only have 2 weeks to go.

How is focus at work?

Anyone else apply to non-cgsm schools that they really want to go to? Have you thought about what you'd do if you got into you #1 cgsm school with the scholarship and your #1 non-cgsm school without it?

I know one of the moderators here had to make that choice...

I swear I pass time running so many "what-if" scenarios in my head.

LazyBoy8 wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
rolls eyes.

My focus at work has definitely been subpar the last few months with interviews going on. Now that we're in the waiting period it is actually helpful to distract myself with work. I have also been running "what-if's" scenarios in my head. Regardless of what happens I'm taking the summer off :rotate
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Phew, that took a while to catch up.

Sorry to all those dinged at Yale. Just feel inspired that you'll know about your other schools in the next two weeks, which I am still jealous about because my decisions took months.

Also, I had to make a CGSM v Non-CGSM decision, so if anyone has any questions, wants to vent or lay out the pros and cons, feel free to reach out.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
bml1105 wrote:
Phew, that took a while to catch up.

Sorry to all those dinged at Yale. Just feel inspired that you'll know about your other schools in the next two weeks, which I am still jealous about because my decisions took months.

Also, I had to make a CGSM v Non-CGSM decision, so if anyone has any questions, wants to vent or lay out the pros and cons, feel free to reach out.

BML, I may have to make that same decision (as long as both programs accept me, please God). So can you please provide insight as to what you were thinking about when you made your decision? What were the deciding factors for you?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [5]
Send PM
Kudos
Going through this time has caused my to doubt myself. I am sure others are going through the same. I hardly slept last night wondering if this is even going to happen for me. I decided to go back and read my essays for some of my applications and it was a great experience. I have intentionally not read any of them since submitting my applications. Reading those essays this morning made me proud of what I was able to put together and comfortable that I did the best I could give the circumstances. I tried my ass off. Yeah maybe I could have studied more and pushed my GMAT score higher. Maybe I could have rephrased a certain statement in an essay. Maybe I could have done a better double windsor knot for my interview or known the head of ad com's cats name. But, whatever. What is done is done. The outcome is out of my control and if it doesn't work out exactly as I intended, I know it is not a true reflection of my abilities or a reflection of who I am as a person. No matter what happens life will go on and continue on the already successful and awesomely blessed path it is on. Just having the opportunity to really believe in myself enough to apply to schools of this caliber is amazing in itself. #mbaapplicantproblems #EffItOuttaMyControl
Do your best and forget the rest right!

I think it's hard because there's an aspect of this that is random. Since MBA's are coming from all over the world, it's a pretty large pool of really qualified folks for a limited amount of seats.

Now if every MBA program could be "Top" that would help things lol.

Two more weeks! I hope you get into once of your choices - you should, you have an excellent score and you applied to a number of places.

LazyBoy8 wrote:
Going through this time has caused my to doubt myself. I am sure others are going through the same. I hardly slept last night wondering if this is even going to happen for me. I decided to go back and read my essays for some of my applications and it was a great experience. I have intentionally not read any of them since submitting my applications. Reading those essays this morning made me proud of what I was able to put together and comfortable that I did the best I could give the circumstances. I tried my ass off. Yeah maybe I could have studied more and pushed my GMAT score higher. Maybe I could have rephrased a certain statement in an essay. Maybe I could have done a better double windsor knot for my interview or known the head of ad com's cats name. But, whatever. What is done is done. The outcome is out of my control and if it doesn't work out exactly as I intended, I know it is not a true reflection of my abilities or a reflection of who I am as a person. No matter what happens life will go on and continue on the already successful and awesomely blessed path it is on. Just having the opportunity to really believe in myself enough to apply to schools of this caliber is amazing in itself. #mbaapplicantproblems #EffItOuttaMyControl
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
angelfire213 wrote:
Do your best and forget the rest right!

I think it's hard because there's an aspect of this that is random. Since MBA's are coming from all over the world, it's a pretty large pool of really qualified folks for a limited amount of seats.

Now if every MBA program could be "Top" that would help things lol.

Two more weeks! I hope you get into once of your choices - you should, you have an excellent score and you applied to a number of places.

LazyBoy8 wrote:

Thanks! We will see. Unfortunately stats aren't everything. I realize this is true now more than ever.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 660 Q41 V40
GPA: 3.25
Send PM
LazyBoy8 wrote:

You said it brotha.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q44 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q47 V38
GPA: 3.3
WE:Underwriter (Insurance)
Send PM
LazyBoy8 wrote:

Everyone knows you always go half windsor..... just kidding lol :lol: But for real, that is eactly how I feel. What's done is done and whats meant to be is meant to be. With all or most interviews done we are all in the passanger seats now.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
LazyBoy8 wrote:

I definitely feel you. Going through this process seems very much designed to break you down in order to build you back up. But you'll be good. We'll all be good.

I was unsuccessful in getting myself into bschool last year (self-appointed captain of the waitlist team!), and I thought my life was OVER. Like, done. But, the blessing in the process was that it allowed me to be introspective and really think about what I want in life and hope to accomplish. I think opportunities to reflect are rare, especially when we're leading hectic, busy lives. So, I feel fortunate for that opportunity.

Good luck with the remainder of the process and keep your head up. It's not even close to over, and we should all expect to hear some good news over the next month.
Ahh, seeing all the acceptances on the main NYU date makes me wish the perspectives day was not so late in the game! Impatience is my middle name.

Once this weekend goes by, then we'll have less than 2 weeks!

Do schools only share the dates of their admitted students weekend once the deadline passes? If i get admitted to any more schools I really want to take advantage of it as visiting UNC last week definitely helped build a clearer picture of the school.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Healthcare, Marketing
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Kudos
Well that escalated quickly lol.
GMAT Club Bot