Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 09:37 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 09:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2015 Consortium Applicants Thread [#permalink]
Hello everyone! I wanted to provide a quick update from the admissions team. Tonight we are releasing a batch of early Round 2 decisions, with admit calls taking place throughout the day. Applicants with early decisions will receive an email first thing Tuesday (LA time) to check your status on ApplyYourself where you will be able to view your official decision letter. I'll let you know via the blog if any more early decisions are released, but remember all Round 2 applicants will receive a decision on or before April 2nd, which is in exactly one month!

We are still in the thick of evaluating Round 2 applications. As mentioned in my post in January the vast majority of interview invitations were sent through the end of February, but we are continuing to send some invitations out this month, though the volume will be very light. For those of you interviewing with us in the near future, don't forget to read our interview tips so you can be as prepared as possible.

Ahhh! for all the UCLA applicants... too bad they say they haven't gotten my official transcript - so i know i won't be part of this bunch :(. Good luck to those of you that interviewed a while back!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Healthcare, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Rosemariecourt wrote:
UrbanPrep wrote:
JackSparr0w wrote:
When you all refer to "Top 15" which rankings are people going by? US News?

I think the consensus is that the schools that are top 15 in the consortium are Tuck, Ross, Haas, NYU, Darden, UCLA, Yale. these schools can afford to be more selective in regard to their interviews and admissions through the consortium than the other member schools. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Those 7 plus Duke and the M7 are considered top 15!

So more than half of the consortium schools are outside of this top 15. But would you all think that most consortium students, regardless of school, would have similar opportunities via OP, consortium alumni support, etc. and should be able to obtain desirable job opportunities? (Outside of maybe the top 3 consulting firms (MBB) and bulge bracket banking opportunities (GS, JPM))

Yes - Once you get into schools its pretty much about how hard you work. I know folks that went to HSW and graduated with no job..I know folks that went to Ross, Darden, Tuck that are at MBB and Goldman. Its all about how you position yourself.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I originally thought the same, but then I started thinking, most of these schools have grade non disclosure agreements...
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JackSparr0w wrote:
I originally thought the same, but then I started thinking, most of these schools have grade non disclosure agreements...

Yeah - I meant work hard like networkin, interview prep, clubs/orgs etc. But NGD does help a lot.

Do you know how that works with the GMAT. I here folks say all the time that you cant even get an interview with MBB without a 700 (some even saying 720) and I keep wondering, how do they even know what your scores are haha
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
UrbanPrep wrote:
JackSparr0w wrote:

Yeah - I meant work hard like networkin, interview prep, clubs/orgs etc. But NGD does help a lot.

Do you know how that works with the GMAT. I here folks say all the time that you cant even get an interview with MBB without a 700 (some even saying 720) and I keep wondering, how do they even know what your scores are haha

It's my understanding from speaking with current students and adcoms that the recruiters require disclosure of this information. At UNC I was told that students wanting to do consulting usually retake the gmat in the summer before starting because of this requirement.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 113 [0]
Given Kudos: 145
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 650 Q39 V41
WE:Analyst (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Yeah that's an area of concern for me too... Not sure how the GMAT thing works/how they figure it out. My assumption would be the schools provide them to employers? I'm likely going to dance with the GMAT once more, unfortunately.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [1]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
Kudos
JackSparr0w wrote:
Yeah that's an area of concern for me too... Not sure how the GMAT thing works/how they figure it out. My assumption would be the schools provide them to employers? I'm likely going to dance with the GMAT once more, unfortunately.

Do it. I'd say go for it now. I have a few friends retaking it before school starts. If you plan on going for finance or consulting I'd say get back in the saddle asap. The longer you wait the more small tricks and tips you forget. I realized how many small things I have forgotten since I took it. Plus if you need to Re-Re take it you'll have time. And having your desired score in hand before OP might help for anyone who goes the Consortium route. I believe you self-disclose. I don't think schools divulge your GMAT score. People use it as an allowable grade that doesn't break the non-disclosure. GS even goes back and asks for SAT/ACT scores in their application process (or at least they used to a couple years ago).
Manager
Manager
Send PM
JackSparr0w wrote:

I'm taking mine again on Monday smh. I hear the hurdle for URM's at MBB is 680 for what its worth.......
i was also told that even with schools that don't have grade disclosure - companies will ask what grade you got in certain classes.
UrbanPrep wrote:
JackSparr0w wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 102
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.35
Send PM
UrbanPrep wrote:
JackSparr0w wrote:

I'm taking mine again on Monday smh. I hear the hurdle for URM's at MBB is 680 for what its worth.......

Please don't do that. The hurdle is score where everyone else scores. If 700+ is the norm hit that mark. If you aim low you will hit low. I went into this thing hearing that "if you're urm all you need is like a 650 for top schools" I hated hearing that. It is a dangerous mindset to go in with and we need to smash it. Score where you set your mark. Don't shoot low because of your background. I am a URM btw.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Other (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
Looks like Kelley sent out some admission notifications today. :shock:

Originally posted by ivandlt85 on 02 Mar 2015, 15:15.
Last edited by ivandlt85 on 02 Mar 2015, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
glad to see i'm not the only one thinking about retaking the GMAT... more for personal satisfaction (not m/b/b inclined). i've told myself my score is just bc work was crazy....so let's see what happens when i have nothing else distracting me.
Kudos
and I see you were accepted!! Congratulations!!! don't be bashful.
ivandlt85 wrote:
Looks like Kelley sent out some admission notifications today.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
Word... I was just under the threshold for what I would have accepted on my first GMAT attempt. Turns out scoring low once was the best thing that could have happened. Figured a few things out and my second attempt went well...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 24 [2]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Technology, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE:Other (Health Care)
Send PM
Kudos
angelfire213 wrote:
ivandlt85 wrote:

~Insert happy dance here~
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ivandlt85 wrote:
Looks like Kelley sent out some admission notifications today. :shock:

Well then congrats! Yay for admits!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 70 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
ivandlt85 wrote:
angelfire213 wrote:
ivandlt85 wrote:

~Insert happy dance here~

Congrats to you, too!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  40   41   42   43   44   45   46  ...  87   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts