Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel

Georgia-Terry ($$$) vs Northeastern-Mckim ($$) vs GWU ($$$)

You may select 1 option
Tags:
Find Similar Topics  Add a Tag
Show Tags
Hide Tags
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology
GMAT Date: 04-25-2015
GPA: 3.15
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [1]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Re: Georgia-Terry ($$$) vs Northeastern-Mckim ($$) vs GWU ($$$) [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
dontquixote wrote:
Depends on where you want to work? DC go to GW. Boston go to Northeastern. Georgia? Go to terry.

If you want to work in anywhere else. It is all the same. Same tiered school. Just visit them all and see which culture you prefer.

Congratulations on getting into all of these and getting a scholarship!

I would say it would not be such a bad idea to actually visit them. I know you are in india but if you can spare $2K on tickets, visas, and etc you will uncover what you would not have been able to otherwise. I went to program without having ever visited or even done a google stree walk through. I had a few surprises. Nothing terrible but my expectations were not matched.

The big question is where are the employers you are potentially targetting? It does not mean you will get in, but if you want to be a part of a sea shipping company, being in Atlanta may not have as much sense. Again, you may find an amazing job in some of the other location and smaller company with better pay/benefits but still. Also if you have good friends/support network in any of these locations, that would be a plus.

P.S. Being in a big city has advantages and minuses - cost is one thing - usually much higher but then you are also much closer to employers and civilization. A lot of factors to consider but ultimately no wrong choice.
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 263 [1]
Given Kudos: 158
Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I agree with bb and dontquixote.

It really depends on where you want to end up. If you're really interested in supply chain consulting, I'd say either Northeastern or Terry. Boston has a lot of industry (high tech and life sciences) and Coca-cola is headquartered out of Atlanta.

I also think it's worth visiting the schools if you're going to invest 2 years of your life there. It'll also give you a chance to talk to current students to get a better feel of what the curriculum is like and what career opportunities are available post-MBA.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology
GMAT Date: 04-25-2015
GPA: 3.15
WE:Analyst (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
He/she can't.

OP is an international student so op has an obligation to gamble where to spend 2 years of his/her life. Its not like 2 years is a long time right? It's only 730 days... Op will find the answers in a forum and bet his career and 2 years of his youth on it. I mean $2k is way too expensive for it to be worth find the best option.

Thanks op thanks to you I learned that international students are gamblers.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Send PM
Thanks bb and dtse86 for sharing your views :)
Currently i am more inclined towards Terry. I am in touch with current students of both colleges and gathering as much information as I can that would help me make a final decision.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 45 [1]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
ameyagmat1989 wrote:
Thanks bb and dtse86 for sharing your views :)
Currently i am more inclined towards Terry. I am in touch with current students of both colleges and gathering as much information as I can that would help me make a final decision.

As everyone else here has said, do you have a location preference for after school? These are all strong regional schools but less strong outside of their region. That is the major differentiator. DC, of the three, is a far more diverse area in general. I'm not speaking of the university, but rather of the work environment and living situation. If this is important to you, give it some thought. If specific job opportunities are more important see where companies have locations that you could target. Boston has a good shipping presence; George I don't know, DC has very little since it is on a river (but Baltimore is 45 minutes away and has a large presence).

Can you deal with 2-3 feet of snow on the ground? Boston will get that in the winter on occasion. This winter they have over 5 feet but it is a once in a lifetime occurrence (hopefully).

I have lived in Boston and DC, I attended NU's business school for part of undergrad and now work next to GW's campus. Really, region is all it comes down to. If you plan on going international again after graduation just target the school that has recruiters from the specific companies you want to work for. That may seem over simplified but if you can't visit campus it is tough to truly gauge fit.

I can say that both NU and GWU are in fun downtown areas. NU may have a bit more of a campus feel for a city school.
GMAT Club Bot
Moderator:
Admitted - Which School Forum Moderator
1131 posts