Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:42 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:42

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V40
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.89
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
Re: Calling all applicants - Rotman Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Thanks SereneWS!

SereneWS wrote:
GMATAnnihilator wrote:
Quick response. Submitted 6 days ago. Got invited to an interview. Any tips?

I got my interview last month and received admit about 3 weeks later.
The Rotman interview is rather standard and conversational - if you have good answers behind Why MBA, Why Rotman, Career Progression, and Key Strengths/Weaknesses/Group work you'll be fine. I spoke with Afrodite - she is really straightforward with questions. Unlikely some of the other schools I interviewed where the interviewers sometimes bombard you with follow-up questions, Rotman is quite willing to let you structure the answer.

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
Applied late Monday night, got an interview request today.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V35
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V39
Send PM
Offer email doesn't have fb group details, has anyone received it in the offer email ?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
pdhir wrote:
Offer email doesn't have fb group details, has anyone received it in the offer email ?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Rotman2017FT/?ref=br_tf

Just search on Facebook. The link above is for the official group; the admins are from either the Program Services Office or from the Admissions team.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Other (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to those who are in. I am interested to know the timelines of the application in the sense that how long it takes for the adcom to come back after submitted the application.

I submitted mine on the 1 Mar '15 and am trying to figure out whether I didn't make the cut.

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 192 [0]
Given Kudos: 253
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi All,

I am looking for some examples(apart from practise questions) for the video essay questions that are asked as part of the application ..would really appreciate if anyone could help me with these.

Thanks
Ak
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hello everybody,

I got an interview invite last night. They have mentioned the interview time as 09.30 SDT on Thursday, 12th March. Now I am not sure what SDT is. The closest match I got through google is Samoa Daylight Time, but I am not sure. I plan to get it confirmed from Rotman, but I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. TIA!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
GoonerGalactico wrote:
Hello everybody,

I got an interview invite last night. They have mentioned the interview time as 09.30 SDT on Thursday, 12th March. Now I am not sure what SDT is. The closest match I got through google is Samoa Daylight Time, but I am not sure. I plan to get it confirmed from Rotman, but I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. TIA!

That sounds like it could be DST - Daylight Savings Time - since we just switched over three days ago. Confirm with admissions though, or maybe Michael can help?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MrBilliards wrote:
GoonerGalactico wrote:
Hello everybody,

That sounds like it could be DST - Daylight Savings Time - since we just switched over three days ago. Confirm with admissions though, or maybe Michael can help?

Thanks for your input. I got it confirmed by my interviewer. SDT --> Standard Daylight Time, so my interview would be at 9.30AM, Toronto time. Wish me luck!
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
GPA: 3.6
WE:Other (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Congratulations on the interview. Did you apply in round 3 by any chance. I did but no response yet.

Good luck with the interview.

FTW

Intern
Intern
Send PM
forthewin wrote:
Congratulations on the interview. Did you apply in round 3 by any chance. I did but no response yet.

Good luck with the interview.

FTW

Thanks!

Yes, I applied in Round 3.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q43 V42
GMAT 2: 710 Q46 V41
Send PM
simplyanuj wrote:
Hi All,

I am looking for some examples(apart from practise questions) for the video essay questions that are asked as part of the application ..would really appreciate if anyone could help me with these.

Thanks
Ak

I got "What will your coworkers miss most about you when you leave?" and "What do you do in your spare time for fun?". For another school, I had "What is your secret talent?" and "Why do you want to go to this school?"

In a prep session, the admissions offer gave some examples, such as, "What is your favourite book?", "Where do you want to travel?". Easy stuff!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
FROM Rotman Admissions Blog: Unique Post-MBA Careers

It is almost a rule of thumb for vast majority of MBA candidates to pursue a career in “Consulting” and/or “Investment Banking” after the MBA.  These careers are amazing, hands down! However given the competitive nature of these industries and the number of jobs available out there, it may not be the ideal to limit your future career to these industries. The MBA is pursued by more and more diverse group of individuals and the diverse experience being brought to the table makes the post-MBA job market quite interesting.

I am sure 5 years ago, if I asked a candidate to consider a career in sales, they would think I was joking. However today, there are amazing career paths within global organizations for those who pursue a career in business development and sales. Some of the companies that recruit for sales roles at Rotman are Salesforce, GlaxoSmithKline, Microsoft, Procter and Gamble and Infosys. When you look at the industries these companies represent, it is obvious that “sales” is a hot career in every industry.

As a candidate you might be wondering how you can assess your skills and decide if you are a good fit to pursue a career in business development and sales.   

Let’s start with these quick questions:

• Do you have a strong internal drive and enjoy high levels of autonomy?
  • Are you results oriented?
  • Do you have a proven track record?
  • Do you enjoy taking ownership of projects and tasks?
  • Do you consider yourself a good conflict manager who finds solutions to complex problems or cross-functional team conflicts?
  • Do you have excellent people skills?
  • Can you show empathy? Are you able to put yourself in others’ shoes?
  • Do you have a positive attitude?
  • Do you work well under pressure?
  • Are you confident enough to prepare and pitch strategic business ideas?Do you have strong presentation skills? Can you influence others?
  • Are you motivated by exceeding expectations?
  • Do you have a sales mind?Are you good at business development?
  • Are you social media savvy?
If  you have answered most of these questions YES, then you might have a very good career in business development and sales-according to our career coachesJ As you can see from this mini questionnaire, a career in sales requires great soft skills, and these soft skills become more crucial as you climb up the leadership leader. You can start out as an inside/outside sales professional and make yourself up to the CEO level.

How can we help those who are interested in a career in business development and sales? At Rotman we have many resources at your disposal. Soft skills while crucial in any role; when it comes to sales, you have to go above and beyond and have top notch people skills. Our Self-Development Lab (SDL) is probably one of the best resources to develop/hone soft skills along with the SDL, electives in marketing such as Sales Management and Marketing will help you improve your technical skills. The Capstone Project at the end of the first year will allow you to practice a wide range of soft and technical skills including your pitching skills to a suite of top level executives at well-known organizations.

Another amazing resource our students take advantage of is our incredible alumni in the field. They are always happy to share their insight and help out.

Last but not least, if you are interested in a career in business development and sales, I’d highly recommend Daniel Pink’s “To Sell is Human”, great book to explore further the world of a sales.

As always, please let us know if we can assist you with anything, looking forward to meeting you at a future event!
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GRE 1: Q162 V164
Send PM
Got admitted yesterday.

Applied: March 3rd
Interview Request: March 5th
Interviewed: March 11th
Accepted: March 12th

Seems like they really wanted me.
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.7
WE:Marketing (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
rbsx wrote:
Got admitted yesterday.

Applied: March 3rd
Interview Request: March 5th
Interviewed: March 11th
Accepted: March 12th

Seems like they really wanted me.

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Hi. Got admitted yesterday. Anyone from Delhi? Is there a https://gmatclub.com/chat group?

Official Business School Representative
Send PM
Big news for our international admits! We are excited to announce a new partnership with the Bank of Montreal where you can take out a loan for up to full tuition without a cosigner!

Get the details here:
https://www.rotman.utoronto.ca/Degrees/M ... tance.aspx
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts