Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 00:37 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 00:37

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [1]
Given Kudos: 567
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 2588 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.13
WE:Analyst (Health Care)
Send PM
Director
Director
Send PM
Re: Calling all Kelley-Indiana Applicant(2015 Intake)Class of 17 [#permalink]
FlyinPenguin wrote:
kinjiGC wrote:
The wait was not worth it. I got rejected even with 760 !!

4th rejection in a row with Anderson didn't even bother calling me. Got the mail now. Indian applicant.

If kelley and ISB rejected me, I have no hope for Ross and Tepper at all. Awesome !! Why did I even bother to score 760 after 660 and 680

Sorry man. Weird though that I got in here; but didn't even get an interview at Ross. Whereas you got an interview at Ross, but not in here...

I don't know what happened. All the best and have a great time at Kelley.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
WE:Operations (Hospitality and Tourism)
Send PM
Kudos
kinjiGC wrote:
thanhphong wrote:
I am so worried since I have not received any correspondence from Kelley. My chances are slim too

I think they are sending reject letters. I got the letter 3 hrs ago. I just got up and check the mail. I hope you don't get the letter.

Great !! I have TOEFL exam to write. The day couldn't have started better.

I hear you.. dont worry.. wherever you land finally, it'll be worth it. Personally, as much as i feel bad about the rejection, i feel disgusted and dont want to go to a school that doesnt want me. I worked really hard for the Kelley app since it was my first app in round 2 and i fully utilized the gap between round 1 & 2. I wonder why these schools scream and shout so much about diversity when they actually dont want diversity.
Director
Director
Send PM
Congrats to all the admit and All the best to all.

P.S. Anytime, if you see "Application Status" -> It is bad news.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
So sorry, mate. I hope you'll have better chances at other schools. It seems Kelley doesn't pay too much attention to GMAT scores.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Received an interview invite for Round 3 today, with my stats being a 710 GMAT and 3.0 Undergrad liberal arts GPA.

One thing I'll throw out is that I learned the hard way this application season that for a lot of schools your storytelling ability can count for as much as your stats. I'm sitting on a couple of dings from schools with lower incoming class stats than Kelley( and higher as well) with the common complaint that they "We aren't seeing the connection to" my future career plans.

I wised up and completely overhauled my essays, found some better recommendations, and redid my essay completely.....utilizing help from my network and friends who have already started at various top-30 programs.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
I got a ding as well after an interview. My stats were right in the school's range and I've done some interesting career work.

I've visited Kelley and been really excited about the program, so it's a bummer.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Guys, no new Indian admits in R2 till now?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahmalj wrote:
I got a ding as well after an interview. My stats were right in the school's range and I've done some interesting career work.

I've visited Kelley and been really excited about the program, so it's a bummer.

Are you a domestic or international student?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ahmalj wrote:

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
WE:Sales (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Here's a guy from Mainland China. This morning I also got an e-mail from Kelley with subject as "Application Status Update...", so that I was thinking my chance to Kelley died. And I opened it, found "unable to offer" wording I don't want, but no choice. The difference to the upstairs Indian friend, I got a chance to be waitlisted. Not sure it is a better or worse result than a "dinged" one.

Anyone could help me know what I could do to convert my app to be upgraded to "admitted"? Or, that just mean my app will be killed later?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wll64 wrote:
Here's a guy from Mainland China. This morning I also got an e-mail from Kelley with subject as "Application Status Update...", so that I was thinking my chance to Kelley died. And I opened it, found "unable to offer" wording I don't want, but no choice. The difference to the upstairs Indian friend, I got a chance to be waitlisted. Not sure it is a better or worse result than a "dinged" one.

Anyone could help me know what I could do to convert my app to be upgraded to "admitted"? Or, that just mean my app will be killed later?

It all depends on your statistics (GMAT, GPA, years of work experience), mate. So please specify before others can give you some advice.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
wll64 wrote:

It all depends on your statistics (GMAT, GPA, years of work experience), mate. So please specify before others can give you some advice.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GPA: 3.2
WE:Information Technology (Education)
Send PM
thanhphong wrote:
ahmalj wrote:

Are you a domestic or international student?

I'm an applicant from the Middle East. My GMAT is right around the mean, so I was very comfortable with my application to Kelley.

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Ding!!!

I'll have to say this one has really hurt me, I was just too sure of an admit, heck! I was wondering how much $$$ I will manage to pull :/. A current Indian student was spot on when he said Kelly + R2 + Indian is tough nut to crack!

Congratulation to everyone here who got through! It is a great school with a lovely community, enjoy your stay.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rkade wrote:
Ding!!!

I'll have to say this one has really hurt me, I was just too sure of an admit, heck! I was wondering how much $$$ I will manage to pull :/. A current Indian student was spot on when he said Kelly + R2 + Indian is tough nut to crack!

Congratulation to everyone here who got through! It is a great school with a lovely community, enjoy your stay.

It's a suprise that you can't get in, given your excellent stats. It seems Kelley pays even greater attention to LOR, essays and interviews.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance, Marketing
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.5
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
thanhphong wrote:
rkade wrote:
Ding!!!

It's a surprise that you can't get in, given your excellent stats. It seems Kelley pays even greater attention to LOR, essays and interviews.

I thought my profile was quite good for Kelley - i have 3 years of R&D and 3 yrs. of Project management experience in a very niche Defence & Aero. Industry, 740 in Gmat, ~3.6 gpa from a good Engg. school in India, 3 year part time work experience of managing our family business, a decent social work experience. Moreover, I did every single damn thing to research on Kelley & reflected that in my essays, and ended the process with a great PI, i suppose the only thing not going my way was a tag of being an (Indian+Engg.) candidiate... This feeling really sucks man!! :(

Looks like i am heading to BU now! :/

Originally posted by rkade on 07 Mar 2015, 07:33.
Last edited by rkade on 07 Mar 2015, 11:14, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
rkade: Do you apply to any other schools?
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  30   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts