Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 13:47 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 13:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 2129 [0]
Given Kudos: 622
GPA: 3.77
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017 [#permalink]
PTK wrote:
grassyknoll wrote:
Is there going to be a Google group for waitlisted candidates?

would it add significant value to us? I dont think so.
why we won't stay here?

Let me rephrase my question, "Is Ross going to create a Google group for waitlisted student?". I saw something related to a Google group in one of the previous waitlisted threads and was inquisitive.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Calling all Waitlisted ROSS Applicants (intake 2015) -Class of 2017 [#permalink]
PTK wrote:
SleeplessInNY wrote:
Hey guys! I only took the GMAT once last year, and my score is pretty borderline. I am thinking of retaking it, or maybe taking the GRE. Does anyone have any advice? Has anyone done any digging to see if this would make a difference for Ross? I would only send my scores over if my percentile went up from last time.

Thanks!

Yes, higher GMAT score may have a positive impact. What is your score?
As I mentioned before please carefully read the Ross waitlist instructions.
GMAT and job change or promotion (who will change his job before the admission?) is what Ross adcoms wanna hear from you.

Ok, yeah. I read the waitlist instructions. Maybe I wasn't specific enough- I want to know if sending GRE scores INSTEAD of GMAT scores would make a difference.

Thanks.
VP
VP
Send PM
SleeplessInNY wrote:
Ok, yeah. I read the waitlist instructions. Maybe I wasn't specific enough- I want to know if sending GRE scores INSTEAD of GMAT scores would make a difference.

Thanks.

Specific matters ;)
I dont really know about GRE.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [2]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 690 Q41 V44
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.56
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Having been admitted to one of the two schools that i really really want to attend, I'll be giving up my spot on the wait list really soon. Good luck to those remaining. May you get what you desire :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OveragedAspirant wrote:
Having been admitted to one of the two schools that i really really want to attend, I'll be giving up my spot on the wait list really soon. Good luck to those remaining. May you get what you desire :)

Congrats!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey guys!

Any idea if i should send my update using an email or the official form?

Also, i can't seem to access the official form atm. Any ida on the reason why?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Technology
Send PM
ivangalvao wrote:
Hey guys!

Any idea if i should send my update using an email or the official form?

Also, i can't seem to access the official form atm. Any ida on the reason why?

They clearly stated that you may send only one update per round via web form. All other media may hurt your candidacy.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
SleeplessInNY wrote:
OveragedAspirant wrote:

Congrats!

SleeplessInNY, thank you :) Wishing you the best with Ross!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I am a Round 2 waitlist. I feel so bad for not applying in R1. Anyway, I hear this grapevine that Ross generally keeps a very extended waitlist so that it can maintain a better yield rate, which helps with the MBA Rankings. And, that in the past it has kept people in the waitlist who didn't even receive an interview call the next year they applied. To summarize, Ross is hard on its waitlist students and its better to give up on it than holding on to it. Especially for international candidates. Please tell otherwise :cry: .
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [3]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: General Management, Leadership
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.62
WE:Sales (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Kudos
Hi all,
I just got into another school that I really like. I'm withdrawing my application, and give up my spot for other waitlisters.
Good luck everyone! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
As explained in the main thread, I hadn't taken myself off the waitlist as it's been a whirlwind of travelling the last week. Finally got back home at 7am. I received an invitation to interview at Ross at 517pm michigan time. Will be replying to say that I will not be interviewing.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
OveragedAspirant wrote:
As explained in the main thread, I hadn't taken myself off the waitlist as it's been a whirlwind of travelling the last week. Finally got back home at 7am. I received an invitation to interview at Ross at 517pm michigan time. Will be replying to say that I will not be interviewing.

Thanks to you Kellogg people who are making room for us at Ross! Congrats and good luck.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
SleeplessInNY wrote:
Thanks to you Kellogg people who are making room for us at Ross! Congrats and good luck.

It would be even greater if they withdraw applications after May, 15 :lol:
VP
VP
Send PM
lolopolo wrote:
SleeplessInNY wrote:

why after May, 15th?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
PTK wrote:
lolopolo wrote:
SleeplessInNY wrote:

why after May, 15th?

Round 3 decisions will be out, so only waitlisted applicants could fill open spots. Just kidding, of course :wink:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q45 V47
GPA: 3.63
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Anyone heard anything today? Should we expect to hear anything today? The Waitlist FAQ made it seem like we were thrown in with the Round 3 applicants, so there's a chance some people here something today, but Soojin's blog post from Tuesday says rolling basis, which might mean we're handled in a different way.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
GMAT 1: 710 Q46 V42
Send PM
did anyone else get the email a few days ago asking if they were still interested in being on the waitlist? anyone heard anything today yet?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts