Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:26 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:26

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
GPA: 2.72
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Nice and congrats! What are you deciding between?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: USC Marshall MBA.PM (2015 Intake)Class of 2018 Calling all applicants! [#permalink]
Me too! Wow that was a very stressful week, so glad to finally have my acceptance!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Are you guys both LA?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I am OC T/Th. Deciding between Merage and Marshall. Will probably accept at USC though!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
We need to chat. I'm OC, got in to merage with lots of cash, still going to usc. pm me

Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3
Send PM
I'm OC as well. Deciding between Haas or USC. Having to commute to NorCal every saturday just isn't very appealing to me.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 3.53
WE:Analyst (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Kudos
Got in! Very relieving. Looking forward to seeing the official offer letter. I'm in on Saturdays in LA.

Definitely enjoyed the interview as well, I'm glad they are moving towards making that a requirement. I got a ton of good feedback and information into the program.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Finance, Accounting
GMAT 1: 680 Q47 V35
GPA: 2.7
WE:Analyst (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
congrats to everyone getting in! hoping to apply for 2016's intake and found this post very informative. thanks everyone for sharing your experience!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Have any admits from R1 received their official letters yet?

Intern
Intern
Send PM
jackson09 wrote:
Have any admits from R1 received their official letters yet?

Yes, I received my official letter about 10 days after I got the call. You will have to go through the application portal to pony up your $2500 deposit.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q37 V38
GPA: 3.17
WE:Project Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
Just had my interview this morning. Boy was it stressful. I think it went well, I was happy with my answers and I think I helped to address some of the concerns they had about my application. My interview was much more formal than what has been mentioned here, so keep that in mind if you haven't gone in yet. Now just to wait and see! Fingers crossed!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
All business school interviews should be treated like job interviews...since that's what it's all about after all.

Intern
Intern
Send PM
gak314 wrote:
Just had my interview this morning. Boy was it stressful. I think it went well, I was happy with my answers and I think I helped to address some of the concerns they had about my application. My interview was much more formal than what has been mentioned here, so keep that in mind if you haven't gone in yet. Now just to wait and see! Fingers crossed!

Thanks for the feedback, I have my interview tomorrow. When you mention addressing your concerns on your application. Did they ask you specifics? Or did you bring them up yourself? I am just trying to mentally prep if any questions were to arise.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Marketing, Sustainability
GMAT 1: 620 Q37 V38
GPA: 3.17
WE:Project Management (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
LAMBA18 wrote:
gak314 wrote:

Thanks for the feedback, I have my interview tomorrow. When you mention addressing your concerns on your application. Did they ask you specifics? Or did you bring them up yourself? I am just trying to mentally prep if any questions were to arise.

The adcom brought them up. I wouldn't say the concerns were overly specific. I am looking to switch career paths, from entertainment/creative services to marketing. She asked if I had a back-up plan if the career switch didn't work, which I thought was a bit of an odd question, but I did my best to address the issue. Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
gak314 wrote:
LAMBA18 wrote:
gak314 wrote:

The adcom brought them up. I wouldn't say the concerns were overly specific. I am looking to switch career paths, from entertainment/creative services to marketing. She asked if I had a back-up plan if the career switch didn't work, which I thought was a bit of an odd question, but I did my best to address the issue. Good luck tomorrow! Let us know how it goes!

ok, thanks! That is actually not that bad of a question I hope you countered saying that with the skill set that you will acquire at Marshall along with the multiple career options that the school provides you will be able to transition to one of many career paths provided to you! Thanks for the luck, I will write back about my interview experience!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Good luck to everyone that still needs to interview! Mine was really conversational, I have a tendency to over prepare but honestly the best thing you can do is just be relaxed and confident. At the end of the day everything I over prepared for and worried about didn't really help me.

So kinda nuts, but I've been accepted to both the part time USC program and accelerated 15 month Pepperdine program and I'm having a hard time deciding between the two (definitely leaning towards USC though). I was wondering if anyone here has contemplated a similar thing (part time MBA at a great school vs full time at a so so school). For me it really comes down to being finished in 15 months vs 33 months and maybe the full time program allowing me to switch careers more easily. Even though being in school longer might be a drag, I really feel like the USC brand is something you can carry with you for life versus a possibly forgettable pepperdine degree (which is why im leaning towards USC). I'm also a fan of the school even though I didn't do my undergrad there so from a sports aspect it's great. i kinda need a sanity check tho. I'm also assuming part time students at USC have full access to career services and when you graduate the diploma and how you describe the program on your resume is the same (could someone confirm?).

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DubyaB wrote:
Good luck to everyone that still needs to interview! Mine was really conversational, I have a tendency to over prepare but honestly the best thing you can do is just be relaxed and confident. At the end of the day everything I over prepared for and worried about didn't really help me.

So kinda nuts, but I've been accepted to both the part time USC program and accelerated 15 month Pepperdine program and I'm having a hard time deciding between the two (definitely leaning towards USC though). I was wondering if anyone here has contemplated a similar thing (part time MBA at a great school vs full time at a so so school). For me it really comes down to being finished in 15 months vs 33 months and maybe the full time program allowing me to switch careers more easily. Even though being in school longer might be a drag, I really feel like the USC brand is something you can carry with you for life versus a possibly forgettable pepperdine degree (which is why im leaning towards USC). I'm also a fan of the school even though I didn't do my undergrad there so from a sports aspect it's great. i kinda need a sanity check tho. I'm also assuming part time students at USC have full access to career services and when you graduate the diploma and how you describe the program on your resume is the same (could someone confirm?).

Thanks!

Pepperdine's program is not as highly rated as USC's. Plus, the job placement statistics are not as good for Pepperdine. I would stick with USC - the Trojan network is legendary and will probably be very helpful in your career.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts