Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [2]
Given Kudos: 44
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 690 Q50 V32
GMAT 2: 720 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.29
WE:Marketing (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Yale SOM Class of 2017 - Calling all Waitlisted Applicants! [#permalink]
hmgp22 wrote:
kesanova20 wrote:
Well as I asked did anyone receive email from Wait-list manager to confirm their interest ? If yes, was it followed by a change in application status ? When i Logged into the portal, there was another waitlist form asking me to confirm whether I want to be on waitlist for Round 2 ? Does that mean I am waitlisted for round-2 as well ? aerien Can you please suggest

I also received an email about confirming interest. However, when I logged in to the portal, I don't see a waitlist form. Does that mean I will be denied?

Well I dont think so .. On the contrary if I am waitlisted for round 2 that means my decision will go forth to round 3 or so ! Thats what I think !
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kesanova20 wrote:
hmgp22 wrote:
kesanova20 wrote:
Well as I asked did anyone receive email from Wait-list manager to confirm their interest ? If yes, was it followed by a change in application status ? When i Logged into the portal, there was another waitlist form asking me to confirm whether I want to be on waitlist for Round 2 ? Does that mean I am waitlisted for round-2 as well ? aerien Can you please suggest

I also received an email about confirming interest. However, when I logged in to the portal, I don't see a waitlist form. Does that mean I will be denied?

Well I dont think so .. On the contrary if I am waitlisted for round 2 that means my decision will go forth to round 3 or so ! Thats what I think !

Where's the waitlist form for R2 when you log in to the portal? Is it under "forms" or "status update"?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Well its right beneath the first waitlist response. I have confirmed with the Adcom and they have said its a glitch, however I have accepted the waitlist offer which mentions I am waitlisted for round 2 as well. However they have mentioned that all of us will get status update on 27th. The sad part is even if its a glitch and the status is visible, its not a good one in my case ! lets hope for the best!!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
kesanova20 wrote:
Well its right beneath the first waitlist response. I have confirmed with the Adcom and they have said its a glitch, however I have accepted the waitlist offer which mentions I am waitlisted for round 2 as well. However they have mentioned that all of us will get status update on 27th. The sad part is even if its a glitch and the status is visible, its not a good one in my case ! lets hope for the best!!

I just logged into the portal, and saw the waitlist form for round 2. Anyone else get waitlisted again?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [2]
Given Kudos: 347
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hmmm, I don't know how the waitlist process works exactly. If there's a form to fill out that asks you if you want to stay on the waitlist, say yes. If there's no form, I wouldn't worry about it. Express your interest in the school to your waitlist manager, send them any updates about your application, and keep your head up. That's about all you can do at this point. Given that R2 decisions come out on Friday, I would not be surprised if there was some waitlist movement from R1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
The wait is freaking nerve racking!! I am a round 1 waitlist with interview, I got a mail asking me to reiterate my interest in Yale and i replied almost immediately with a yes. I really don't know whether that means that I am waitlisted in round 2 too and now have to wait for round 3 to know whether i am admitted or not.

Had a form in the application too which i forgot to check and hence updated only today. Idiot Idiot Idiot!!!

Anyways do Round 1 WLs, atleast a few of them, get admitted in round 2? I really hope so, a continued WL to round 3 will kill me!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
anudeep22003 wrote:
The wait is freaking nerve racking!! I am a round 1 waitlist with interview, I got a mail asking me to reiterate my interest in Yale and i replied almost immediately with a yes. I really don't know whether that means that I am waitlisted in round 2 too and now have to wait for round 3 to know whether i am admitted or not.

Had a form in the application too which i forgot to check and hence updated only today. Idiot Idiot Idiot!!!

Anyways do Round 1 WLs, atleast a few of them, get admitted in round 2? I really hope so, a continued WL to round 3 will kill me!!
I was in a similar situation and immediately reached out to Adcom. They confirmed it was a technical glitch and we will hear an update by 27th. Therefore, it doesn't matter when u filled your form. Though i agree Waitlist for Round 2 doesnt look nice on application form. Lets hope that it is indeed a technical glitch ! :-D :-D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [1]
Given Kudos: 23
Concentration: Marketing, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GMAT 3: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Kudos
Has anyone who got waitlisted in R2 and decided to stay on the waitlist received any communication after March 27? is there a waitlist manager similar to last year who will be handling our cases/queries?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DorkusMaximus wrote:
Has anyone who got waitlisted in R2 and decided to stay on the waitlist received any communication after March 27? is there a waitlist manager similar to last year who will be handling our cases/queries?

I got waitlisted in r2 and contacted the admission office who replied by e-mail. Did not get not much feedback however, they just told me to keep in touch the following weeks to show that I am still interested.

Have you heard anything since your post?

Anyone else here got any feedback after being waitlisted?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Thorin87 wrote:
DorkusMaximus wrote:

I got waitlisted in r2 and contacted the admission office who replied by e-mail. Did not get not much feedback however, they just told me to keep in touch the following weeks to show that I am still interested.

Have you heard anything since your post?

Anyone else here got any feedback after being waitlisted?

Hey guys,

From what I've heard, please send any updates or questions you have to to mba.waitlist@yale.edu. That email account is managed by a real live human being (really!) who will reply to you.

Hope that helps!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Send PM
Thanks aerien! I actually mailed at the email address you mentioned and got a response on the same day. I had asked what my next steps should look like and if there was any specific feedback that I can work upon. Here's the reply that I received:-

Dear XXXXX,

Thank you so much for your email. I know it is disappointing that you didn’t get the result you were hoping for, but the good news is that your waitlist status indicates how strongly we view your application. Over the coming weeks, your best plan would be to keep in touch with us and let us know that you are seriously interested in Yale SOM and to keep us posted on any major changes to your application (e.g., job promotions, new test scores). If you do have any updates, please email any new information to this email address. In reviewing your application I don’t see any particular point of feedback that you should be working on right now- sometimes it’s just a matter of waiting a little longer for the final decision.

I know it’s hard to wait for an outcome, but we’ll keep you updated as soon as new information is available. In the meantime, don’t hesitate to let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,
YYYYY

Not sure how to go about it since there is no actionable feedback and since I am not expecting a promotion or a big change at my job in terms of responsibilities. Any ideas anyone?

aerien - will there be not waitlist manager like last year? Would it be possible for you to figure out and let us know as most of us haven't heard anything officially from the school?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 592 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
DorkusMaximus wrote:
Not sure how to go about it since there is no actionable feedback and since I am not expecting a promotion or a big change at my job in terms of responsibilities. Any ideas anyone?

aerien - will there be not waitlist manager like last year? Would it be possible for you to figure out and let us know as most of us haven't heard anything officially from the school?

DorkusMaximus -- I relayed all the info I've heard from adcom. It's entirely possible that you could get an "official" waitlist manager in the summer, but for now, you're just supposed to send any updates to the email address in the previous post. If you have updates or questions, send them there and a person in the admissions office will get back to you. Side note: from what I know, there is one very nice person who monitors that email inbox, so effectively, s/he is your waitlist manager even if s/he isn't called that.

For you, with no particular feedback, just keep doing what you're doing! Keep showing interest in the school, update them on any new leadership roles or cool projects you're heading inside or outside of work, and hope for the best. R2 deposit deadlines and R3 results are coming up very quickly, so there's certainly chances within that time frame for spaces to open up and thus, for people to be accepted off the waitlist. Just keep your hopes up; I'll be cheering you on as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Anybody get feedback regarding their GMAT/GRE? Heard that it has been common previous years
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Innnnnn off the waitlist!!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 67 [0]
Send PM
hopefulsquared wrote:

Congrats hopefulsquared!! Where are you based out of? And if you are not too drunk in the post admit call celebration, can you elaborate your approach towards managing the waitlist? :D
Intern
Intern
Send PM
hopefulsquared wrote:

Got message from two others that they are in. Probably no spots left now :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
I have been "summer waitlisted". Dont know should be hopeful at this stage. Does anybody know when is the Round 3 deposit deadline ? Probabaly can expect some movement at that time.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts