Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:01 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:01

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 209 [0]
Given Kudos: 105
Schools: Tuck '16 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT 2: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 147 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 17 [0]
Given Kudos: 58
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Ross '16 (M)
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Re: Cornell NYC Tech MBA 1 year program [#permalink]
Ward2012 wrote:
I think it's really exciting for Cornell and for NYC. Google's involvement with the program gives a lot of credibility too, since Johnson isn't really know for technology related fields like Sloan, Haas or Stanford.

Anyway, the program hasn't taken its first students yet, but your background sounds great for it. I would definitely talk to the folks at Johnson for any of your questions.

In NYC, Cornell is a quite well-respected engineering school. Remember, the program is located in the engineering school, not within Johnson (even though it's called a Johnson MBA and may be administered by Johnson).

I've been thinking about applying, but I'm concerned that the newness of the program might scare away on-campus recruiters. Not sure what to think. Also, I was surprised to see that no recommendations are required in the application.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
noodlesnyc wrote:
Ward2012 wrote:
I think it's really exciting for Cornell and for NYC. Google's involvement with the program gives a lot of credibility too, since Johnson isn't really know for technology related fields like Sloan, Haas or Stanford.

Anyway, the program hasn't taken its first students yet, but your background sounds great for it. I would definitely talk to the folks at Johnson for any of your questions.

In NYC, Cornell is a quite well-respected engineering school. Remember, the program is located in the engineering school, not within Johnson (even though it's called a Johnson MBA and may be administered by Johnson).

I've been thinking about applying, but I'm concerned that the newness of the program might scare away on-campus recruiters. Not sure what to think. Also, I was surprised to see that no recommendations are required in the application.

As per the site's application requirement section - they would look for 3-4 recommendations in the second round. Also, I got a reply from the school when I asked about the apparent focus on the NYC tech startup scene and they responded "the MBA at Cornell NYC Tech will allow the opportunity to interact with large and small tech enterprises and startups". But you are right, I share similar concerns about the program maturity and no current students to talk to about the program. Anyways, choices for a 1yr MBA in top 30 schools are what I am looking for and there are just a handful of programs that fit the bill.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi All,

I'm one of the students accepted to the NYC Tech MBA program starting next year, and I'm so excited!

In the spring of 2011, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg embarked on an ambitious agenda to make NYC one of the world’s top-ranked technology hubs. Johnson joins the list of graduate degree programs on the Cornell Tech campus in NYC, as one of the most innovative MBA programs truly unlike any other.

I believe that this is going to be a great program since I'm really keen on technology and innovation.

This program takes performance learning (a pillar of the Johnson experience) to New York City, and immerses you in the city’s flourishing tech ecosystem. You’ll work directly with global businesses and start-up ventures, as well as peers from a variety of backgrounds. You’ll learn how to harness the power of people and technology to create extraordinary results, and will be well prepared to reach your goals — whether they include launching an entrepreneurial venture or advancing into a senior management role.

If you need a student to talk about the application process and what is going on before I can start the program, here I am.

Innovators embrace the novelty :)
Intern
Intern
Send PM
MRocks wrote:
Hi All,

I'm one of the students accepted to the NYC Tech MBA program starting next year, and I'm so excited!

In the spring of 2011, New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg embarked on an ambitious agenda to make NYC one of the world’s top-ranked technology hubs. Johnson joins the list of graduate degree programs on the Cornell Tech campus in NYC, as one of the most innovative MBA programs truly unlike any other.

I believe that this is going to be a great program since I'm really keen on technology and innovation.

This program takes performance learning (a pillar of the Johnson experience) to New York City, and immerses you in the city’s flourishing tech ecosystem. You’ll work directly with global businesses and start-up ventures, as well as peers from a variety of backgrounds. You’ll learn how to harness the power of people and technology to create extraordinary results, and will be well prepared to reach your goals — whether they include launching an entrepreneurial venture or advancing into a senior management role.

If you need a student to talk about the application process and what is going on before I can start the program, here I am.

Innovators embrace the novelty :)

Could you please share a little bit about your story? What kind of work did you do before applying, and why did you choose this program? How do you feel about not having an internship? Are you an older candidate?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Mrocks. Congrats. I am applying to Cornell Tech in Jan'14 deadline. can you pl share some pointers on the application process, things to take care of while applying etc?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 12
Concentration: Technology, Leadership
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V38
WE:Information Technology (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Looks like there are not many people applying to this program. Is there any other thread where the applicants to this program congregate? could not find one myself.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Does anyone here have more information on Cornell NYC Tech MBA? I am looking to connect with someone who is on the program now or have been through this program. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks!
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 844 [1]
Given Kudos: 92
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
priyanandhan wrote:
Does anyone here have more information on Cornell NYC Tech MBA? I am looking to connect with someone who is on the program now or have been through this program. Appreciate any pointers. Thanks!

I am not a current student, but I did interview the dean of the program last fall. Here is a link to the interview: Dr. Douglas Stayman Shares the Scoop on Cornell Tech NYC

Best,
Linda
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [4]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GPA: 3.54
WE:Project Management (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Kudos