Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:47 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [1]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 2583 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Re: MGMAT books [#permalink]
Kudos
Expert Reply
afdebbas wrote:
Hello

I took my first gmat exam yesterday and I scored a lousy 590 (Q41, V31). I only had the kaplan premier to study from.

I am going to buy the manhattan gmat book set. I noticed that this set doesn't include the following two books. Is the set enough? Or is it better if i purchase these two quant books as well?

- Foundations of GMAT Math
- Advanced GMAT Quant (Gmat Strategy Guides)

Thank you

Hi-

I think you will be pleased with the GMAT book set. I would definitely recommend the Foundations of GMAT Math book. It contains all those little rules and principles that tend to get forgotten along the way. Understanding the foundational principles will make your study in the strategy guides MUCH more meaningful.

I would hold off on the Advanced GMAT Quant guide. If you find yourself trying to crack into the highest levels of quant and struggling a bit, pick up that book. For most students, it's just not necessary.

Make sure you take advantage of the practice CATs that come along with the books. They give great diagnostics that tie back to the subjects of the strategy guides.

KW
Intern
Intern
Send PM
KyleWiddison wrote:
afdebbas wrote:
Hello

I took my first gmat exam yesterday and I scored a lousy 590 (Q41, V31). I only had the kaplan premier to study from.

I am going to buy the manhattan gmat book set. I noticed that this set doesn't include the following two books. Is the set enough? Or is it better if i purchase these two quant books as well?

- Foundations of GMAT Math
- Advanced GMAT Quant (Gmat Strategy Guides)

Thank you

Hi-

I think you will be pleased with the GMAT book set. I would definitely recommend the Foundations of GMAT Math book. It contains all those little rules and principles that tend to get forgotten along the way. Understanding the foundational principles will make your study in the strategy guides MUCH more meaningful.

I would hold off on the Advanced GMAT Quant guide. If you find yourself trying to crack into the highest levels of quant and struggling a bit, pick up that book. For most students, it's just not necessary.

Make sure you take advantage of the practice CATs that come along with the books. They give great diagnostics that tie back to the subjects of the strategy guides.

KW

Thank you for your input! I'll share my feedback as soon as I get my hands on them.
GMAT Club Bot