Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:46 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:46

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Official Business School Representative
Affiliations: IIM Bangalore
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [7]
Given Kudos: 0
EPGP: IIMB
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [1]
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 75
Send PM
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]
Hi Rohan, Do we have any format for recommendation letter?
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Send PM
Re: Official Thread - IIM-Bangalore EPGP 8 aspirants - Class of 2016-17 [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Hi Arushi,

You would have to provide your referees' email address in your application and a link to submit the referral would be sent to them.
That link would lead them to an online form which they would fill and submit.

Regards,
Rohan Tiwari
IIMB EPGP 2015-16
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Does the applicant know the sort of details asked by referral :) ?
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Arushi,

Applicant would not have access to the referral form.
Referee would have to rate the applicant on certain competency factors and answer a few questions about applicant's achievements, strengths, weaknesses etc.
Any specific examples he could mention would add great value to the referral.

Regards,
Rohan Tiwari
IIMB EPGP 2015-16
Send PM
Expert Reply
IIM Bangalore hosted its annual alumni event Anusmaran-2015 on 09-May-2015. The keynote address was delivered by Arunachalam Muruganantham, inventor and social entrepreneur who prevailed over immense hardship and social ostracism to improve lives of rural women across India. Mr.Arunachalam was placed by TIME in its list of '100 Most Influential People in the World' in 2014.
Send PM
Expert Reply
For regular updates on IIMB EPGP program - please follow the following:-
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/IIMBEPGP.Live/timeline
Twitter - https://twitter.com/IIMB_EPGP
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
The EPGP is a highly prestigious one-year program. In a short duration of time since its launch six years ago, the IIMB EPGP has made a strong name for itself, and is a much sought-after program among mid-career professionals. For detailed information on tips and advice on the IIM Bangalore EPGP Statement of Purpose, admission statistics, placements and information on other aspects of the program, visit IIMB EPGP
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks a lot for your answers. May I also ask you to please share your interview experiences :?: ?

Did anyone in the group face skype interview? If yes, how was the experience ? Any special tips would be highly appreciated.
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
I will soon ask a few students to share a write up of their interview experiences.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 59 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
GMAT Date: 11-01-2014
Send PM
Hello every one...

Request your help in profile assessment.

Current position: Executive- Sales and Marketing with over 2 years experience (Specialty Chemicals, Oil & Gas)

Overall Experience: Over 7 years (including over 2 years International Experience), 2.5 Years as Panel Engineer, RIL and 2.5 years, Tech services (Consultancy, Oil and Gas)

UG degree: BE Chemical (R.V. College of Engineering)
UG (%): 81%

GMAT: 590 (5/17/2015)

I am looking for some honest assessment. I am looking to get into EPGP at IIM B or similar.

Thanks in advance
Sagar

Originally posted by sagarag on 17 May 2015, 09:18.
Last edited by sagarag on 17 May 2015, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi
my gmat is in last week of august ...also last date of application is 31 august ....would 15 days be sufficient for interview prep ....or shall i apply in round 2 .....are there any disadvantages of applying in round 2 as compared to round 1 .....what is the share of seats of round 1 to round 2 ( rough idea ) ???
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Expert Reply
sagarag wrote:
Hello every one...

Current position: Executive- Sales and Marketing with over 2 years experience (Specialty Chemicals, Oil & Gas)

Overall Experience: Over 7 years (including over 2 years International Experience), 2.5 Years as Panel Engineer, RIL and 2.5 years, Tech services (Consultancy, Oil and Gas)

I am looking for some honest assessment. I am looking to get into EPGP at IIM B or similar.

Thanks in advance
Sagar

Hi sagarag,

Your overall experience seems good but your GMAT score is much lower than what would be competitive at the IIMB EPGP. The median GMAT score of EPGP students is 700. If you can raise your GMAT score to around this, you should be competitive.
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
GyanOne wrote:
sagarag wrote:
Hello every one...

Thanks in advance
Sagar

Hi sagarag,

Your overall experience seems good but your GMAT score is much lower than what would be competitive at the IIMB EPGP. The median GMAT score of EPGP students is 700. If you can raise your GMAT score to around this, you should be competitive.

Hi Sagarag,

Your overall profile is quite good and your industry knowledge wud add to the diversity of the class. The current EPGP class has students that scored in mid 600's in their GMAT. A higher GMAT score wud certainly add a lot more value to your application.

Regards
EPGP_IIMB
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [4]
Send PM
Kudos