Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 04:48 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 04:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Ivey Business School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: Ivey '17 (A)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1136 [0]
Given Kudos: 420
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.58
WE:Analyst (Accounting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Schools: Ivey '17
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
utshab wrote:
Hi... I got in..

Congrats Utshab! would be very helpful if you could share your interview experience. thanks in advance!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 51
Concentration: Strategy, Entrepreneurship
WE:Business Development (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Ivey(Ontario) Class of 2017(March 2016 intake): Calling all Applicants [#permalink]
utshab wrote:
Hi... I got in..

Hey Heartiest congratulations buddy.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V34
WE:Corporate Finance (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
I'm also an early applicant, had my interview and am currently waiting the decision
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
DonLazrado wrote:
I'm also an early applicant, had my interview and am currently waiting the decision

best of luck! will appreciate if you could shed some light on your interview experience.

Is Ivey your first choice? If yes, why so?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
ASM26 wrote:
DonLazrado wrote:

best of luck! will appreciate if you could shed some light on your interview experience.

Got my offer of admission,

I can't be very specific as the questions were tailored to my profile, but I will recommend that when you prepare, make sure you know your history well, all of your resume in specific details, and most importantly, where you want to go and how Ivey will help get you there. The more details you have the better, but you will need to prep and practice making your answers concise as the interview is relatively short.

Ivey was my first choice yes, because of the curriculum and learning methodologies. I learn best in the case based dynamic, and I couldn't look past that once I sat in on a class at the University.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
DonLazrado wrote:
ASM26 wrote:
DonLazrado wrote:

I can't be very specific as the questions were tailored to my profile, but I will recommend that when you prepare, make sure you know your history well, all of your resume in specific details, and most importantly, where you want to go and how Ivey will help get you there. The more details you have the better, but you will need to prep and practice making your answers concise as the interview is relatively short.

Ivey was my first choice yes, because of the curriculum and learning methodologies. I learn best in the case based dynamic, and I couldn't look past that once I sat in on a class at the University.

Congratulations!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
AdmitJA wrote:
utshab wrote:
Hi... I got in..

Congratulations Utshab! Could you run through your profile and your application experience? What worked for you and what didn't?

Sorry for the late reply guys... I was out of town...
Here is my profile- I m a chemical engineer with an MS from USA. I have about 4 years of work exp in diff sectors - steel, oil, semiconductors, chemicals. I have worked in different roles - Engineering design, marketing, sales, business development etc. I have worked in Silicon valley and Singapore for quite sometime. Right now, I m the Head of marketing and sales of North-East India for India's 2nd largest paint company. My GMAT score is 740 (q50, v39).

My interview was more like a chat. I told her my story about why MBA? post MBA goals? etc. etc. I really spoke form my heart. I knew a lot about the Ivey case study method since I had interacted with the 2015 batch a lot. It is best if you are yourself during the interview and not make up stories. Also do your homework and think hard about your choice Ivey and why you wana do MBA at this point of your career..

I got my offer about 10 days after the interview. Also got some schol.
Best of luck to all other applicants....
Do message me of you have more questions..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
How long do you have to make your decision?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
BMWM3M4M5M6 wrote:
How long do you have to make your decision?

2 weeks to decide
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How long does Ivey take to confirm the outcome post the interview?

DonLazrado wrote:
ASM26 wrote:
DonLazrado wrote:

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 138 [0]
Given Kudos: 175
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 670 Q48 V35
GPA: 3.19
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Guys , I am planning to apply for candadian colleges ...
Ivey for septmeber 2016 intake , Rotman and Queens too.
The best thing i like about canada is they provide job permit security.
However I am doubtful about placement scenarios in canada post mba.
I am working in IT in India from 3.5 + years and i am fine in working in IT again post mba .
Would it be easy to get job in canada from above mentioned collleges if i am not stubborn on changing my field ?

Also , what is on average salary per month in canada post MBA - around 5000$/month ? (I know this question is pretty vague but just a rough idea needed)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Send PM
Kudos