Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:13 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:13

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Send PM
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [1]
Given Kudos: 33
GMAT 1: 780 Q51 V48
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Re: ISB aspirant - Matriculating 2016 - Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Thanks dear friends for your valuable opinion. I have no intention of hiding even the smallest of the information. I should have articulated better. My bad!!!! I actually wanted to understand if my first MBA will add value to my profile.

can you please confirm the deadlines for round 2? is it 30th November or 15th December or some other date ? have read different versions on different websites.

Regards,
Dheeraj
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
dheerajb wrote:
Thanks dear friends for your valuable opinion. I have no intention of hiding even the smallest of the information. I should have articulated better. My bad!!!! I actually wanted to understand if my first MBA will add value to my profile.

can you please confirm the deadlines for round 2? is it 30th November or 15th December or some other date ? have read different versions on different websites.

Regards,
Dheeraj

Your first MBA does show commitment to learn more about business management, and it has led to career progression, so it will add some value. Beyond that, you should not focus too much on it.

The deadline for PGP R2 is Jan 15, 2016. You can see it on the official ISB PGP website here.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
Send PM
Hi,

Profile Snapshot:
Exp: 7 yrs in Telecom (1 year International)
B.E: Purdue University (2008)
GPA: 2.95
12th: 65%
10th: 79%
GMAT: Planned Nov 2015
3 years gap between school and engineering (due to personal reasons, not preparing for IIT :) )

Extra Curricular: Played Club football, Nationals in Shotokan Karate, District level athlete, Captained School/Club/College football teams, appeared in national maths/english Olympiads during school.

Still working on my essays and trying to convert the raw material into a presentable application.

All recommendations are welcome like possible GMAT score I should target or .....

Thanks!!
Nadeem
CEO
CEO
Own Kudos [?]: 1585 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Nadeem

Try to target a GMAT score of at least 720. You can possibly get by with a somewhat lower score as well, but when aiming, aim ambitiously.

You have done your bachelor's from a well-known US name (Purdue), which will help, although the GPA is slightly low. The 3 year gap wont really be too much of a factor now, with 7 years of experience post your bachelor's. It should still be explained in your optional essay though. ECA seems good as well.

If you can get the GMAT score in place, you should be well set. All the best! Feel free to come back with further questions.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: International Business, Leadership
Send PM
GyanOne wrote:
Hi Nadeem

Try to target a GMAT score of at least 720. You can possibly get by with a somewhat lower score as well, but when aiming, aim ambitiously.

You have done your bachelor's from a well-known US name (Purdue), which will help, although the GPA is slightly low. The 3 year gap wont really be too much of a factor now, with 7 years of experience post your bachelor's. It should still be explained in your optional essay though. ECA seems good as well.

If you can get the GMAT score in place, you should be well set. All the best! Feel free to come back with further questions.

Thanks Gyanone, I am drafting the essays currently (all 4 of them) however I am not taking any professional assistance as of now, currently juggling between work, family and GMAT prep so really taking it very slow.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
nadeem8231 wrote:
Hi,

Profile Snapshot:
Exp: 7 yrs in Telecom (1 year International)
B.E: Purdue University (2008)
GPA: 2.95
12th: 65%
10th: 79%
GMAT: Planned Nov 2015
3 years gap between school and engineering (due to personal reasons, not preparing for IIT :) )

Extra Curricular: Played Club football, Nationals in Shotokan Karate, District level athlete, Captained School/Club/College football teams, appeared in national maths/english Olympiads during school.

Still working on my essays and trying to convert the raw material into a presentable application.

All recommendations are welcome like possible GMAT score I should target or .....

Thanks!!
Nadeem

Hi Nadeem,

While your work ex and extra currics look good ( though a lot of them are school/ college level), your GPA is low. This together with 3 year gap ( we know that it was due to personal reasons) can raise doubts about academic capability. So, we recommend that you focus on GMAT and target a 730+. If you settle on 700 or so then you are leaving a lot to chances.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi - I am having 14 yrs of experience ( worked with 5 companies in past ),currently working as Solution Architect in Product Company . I have done B.E ( Computer Sc )67% , M.S BITS Pilani ( distance learning ) 6.3 percentile. I have also one year gap and did my B.Sc ( Mathematics ) for 2 years but left in between and joined engineering. Do you guys see issue with this ? Also I would like to know safe GMAT Score for ISB. Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
barunpandey wrote:
Hi - I am having 14 yrs of experience ( worked with 5 companies in past ),currently working as Solution Architect in Product Company . I have done B.E ( Computer Sc )67% , M.S BITS Pilani ( distance learning ) 6.3 percentile. I have also one year gap and did my B.Sc ( Mathematics ) for 2 years but left in between and joined engineering. Do you guys see issue with this ? Also I would like to know safe GMAT Score for ISB. Thanks

Hi Barun,

Given your considerable experience the gap should not be a challenge. Also, score of 680 or so should be fine.

But you will have to express clarity on why you need MBA after 14 years of experience and how does it go with your post MBA goals.

Feel free to contact us for any queries.

Apphelp Team
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72876 [0]
Given Kudos: 18863
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
Archived ISB Discussion
Hi there,
You've stumbled upon an old discussion from our ISB Forum that's now outdated and has been archived. No more replies are possible here.
Interested in current discussions? Feel free to dive into our dedicated ISB Forum for all fresh things related to the ISB MBA program.
Thank you for understanding, and happy exploring!
GMAT Club Bot
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts