Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:33 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:33

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3671 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Affiliations: EMPOWERgmat
Own Kudos [?]: 11666 [0]
Given Kudos: 450
GMAT 1: 800 Q51 V49
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: I need an advise please.. [#permalink]
Thank you all for your efforts. I did reply to each individual seperatly since I still can't mention user names in here. Thanks.
Manhattan Prep Instructor
Own Kudos [?]: 7775 [1]
Given Kudos: 55
GMAT 2: 780  Q50  V50
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Hi there,

I'm guessing that timing was a big part of the problem on test day--this is often the case when someone scores much lower than they're scoring at home. It's important that you get used to keeping track of your time. Unfortunately, 2.5 minutes per problem is too long. You have about 2 minutes per problem on Quant, and a bit less than that on Verbal. Here are some rough guidelines:

On Quant, you should take 10 minutes to complete 5 problems. So after problems 5, 10, 15, etc., check in and see how much time you have left. After 5 you should have 65 minutes remaining, and then 55, 45, etc. If you find that you are behind this mark, you need to make sure you stop going overtime, and you should probably skip a problem (by guessing) to catch back up.

On Verbal, you should take about 15 minutes to complete 8 problems. So after the 8th problem, you should have 60 minutes left, and then 45, 30, etc. You may need to adjust this depending on how many Reading Comp passages you have seen. If you start with two RC passages, it's okay to be a bit behind. If you haven't done much RC, you should be a little bit ahead.

Can you think of anything else that you might have done differently on test day? As much as possible, you want to take the real test exactly the same way you are taking your practice tests. All the studying in the world won't help you if you change your plan on test day!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Many thanks DmitryFarber for your reply. I loved your timing guidlines advise.
GMAT Club Bot