Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 09:17 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 09:17

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools: CBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V36
GPA: 3.86
WE:Project Management (Consumer Products)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Operations
GPA: 3.86
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Re: Calling all CBS Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi all,
I got in about 2 weeks ago

Submitted: 6-17
Interview Invite: 7-08
Interviewed: 7-14
Admitted: 7-23

For any other military applicants I suggest you take a look at Service2School. Great resources and a vets willing to help you out with applications.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
Send PM
Narenn wrote:
Congratulations JSCBS!!

It seems many applicants have got interview invitations, but the table below shows only 1 person who got invite. Clearly those who received decisions are not indicating so on their GMAT Club profile. It's a humble request to all applicants that please update your GMAT Club profile status as soon as you get interview invite or admission decision.

Attachment:
CBS.png

Hey Narenn -

I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this issue, but I have actually updated my profile several times and the changes don't seem to hit the chart. I tried several times late last week.

Anyone else having the same issue?
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
JSCBS

Did you connect with any alumni from CBS during your application phase?. I've been trying to reach out to them but couldn't get any response. Unfortunately I missed out the Info session held in my country last month since I couldn't travel over that weekend & the next session is at the end of next month, before which I intend to submit my application.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
JSCBS wrote:
Narenn wrote:
Congratulations JSCBS!!

It seems many applicants have got interview invitations, but the table below shows only 1 person who got invite. Clearly those who received decisions are not indicating so on their GMAT Club profile. It's a humble request to all applicants that please update your GMAT Club profile status as soon as you get interview invite or admission decision.

Attachment:
CBS.png

Hey Narenn -

I'm not sure if I'm the only one having this issue, but I have actually updated my profile several times and the changes don't seem to hit the chart. I tried several times late last week.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Thanks for reporting. Let's look in to the issue.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 40 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Strategy
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.65
WE:Law (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
JSCBS wrote:
Just got in - ED for 2018!

Applied: 6/29
Invited to interview: 7/21
Interview: 7/31
Interview feedback submitted: 8/3
Accepted: 8/7

Background:

State school undergrad
GPA: 3.8
GMAT: 770 (50 Q 44 V)
1.5 years in back office derivatives
2.5 years M&A analyst at small MM regional bank
Good EC with undergrad alma mater

Super excited. Anyone else cross the finish line?

Congrats! Great stats - have you found out whether that 770 got you a merit scholarship of some kind?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Looks like a lot of people got their apps in early. I'm hoping to have my ED app done in the next 3 weeks or so as I still need to approach my recommenders.

GMAT: 730 but low quant
W/E: 3 years top BB in a mid office role with one promotion
College athlete with mediocre GPA in Econ at semi target.
Probably above average ECs and recs.

I'm a pretty vanilla candidate so I'm hoping for the best.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Dear All,

Is it possible to change a recommender after I have added him in CBS application system?
I can see an 'Exclude' button but I'm not sure what it exactly does.
Thanks for advice!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: CBS '18 (S)
GMAT 1: 780 Q49 V51
GPA: 3.93
Send PM
tobekingofgrind wrote:
Dear All,

Is it possible to change a recommender after I have added him in CBS application system?
I can see an 'Exclude' button but I'm not sure what it exactly does.
Thanks for advice!

The exclude button removes the recommendation, so if you would use that button to remove the existing recommendation, and then send a new request to your replacement.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Has anyone faced the issue of recommenders not getting their emails? . Either my company's mail servers are blocking them or CBS's servers are not sending them. I'm not sure what is happening, Should I contact the AdCom?

Will they send a direct email (not an automated one ) to the reccomender's official mail id?. Maybe the spam blocker will not get triggered? :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
niranjant wrote:
Has anyone faced the issue of recommenders not getting their emails? . Either my company's mail servers are blocking them or CBS's servers are not sending them. I'm not sure what is happening, Should I contact the AdCom?

Will they send a direct email (not an automated one ) to the reccomender's official mail id?. Maybe the spam blocker will not get triggered? :(

I'm having the same issue with one of my recommenders for the CBS app. I'm hoping that if/when he searches through his inbox again he will find the e-mail.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AnthonyMason wrote:
niranjant wrote:

I'm having the same issue with one of my recommenders for the CBS app. I'm hoping that if/when he searches through his inbox again he will find the e-mail.

My recommenders have not got any email. I've checked with them couple of times already.

Not sure what to do if the employer email servers are blocking the emails. I'm assuming nothing is wrong with CBS servers, others seem to have made it through.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
niranjant wrote:
AnthonyMason wrote:
niranjant wrote:

My recommenders have not got any email. I've checked with them couple of times already.

Not sure what to do if the employer email servers are blocking the emails. I'm assuming nothing is wrong with CBS servers, others seem to have made it through.

I had the same issue- give adcom a call and they'll send a direct mail for you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
It has been very quiet in here this month... any interview invites or acceptances recently?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Lurker190 wrote:
It has been very quiet in here this month... any interview invites or acceptances recently?

Had my interview on 8/18. Feedback submitted 8/20 ... so hopefully I have some news soon
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Schools: CBS '17 (M)
WE:General Management (Commercial Banking)
Send PM
Submitted 8/04 .... Been waiting for almost 3 weeks now
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
CBS started offering Non US co-signer loans to international applicants? That's indeed a great news for International applicants!

FROM Accepted.com Blog: Columbia MBA Class of ’17: More Women, Internationals, U.S. Minorities
Columbia Business School posted its incoming MBA class profile .  Here’s the scoop:

What does the data show? Pretty much steady state with marked improvements in class diversity. And there’s both good news and bad from an applicant perspective.

The most noteworthy change is a 12.5% increase in the female make-up of the class — no pun intended — and a 9% increase in minorities of U.S. origin. The percentage of internationals went down insignificantly, but I expect that small decline will reverse itself in this upcoming application cycle since Columbia now has a no-cosigner loan program fully operational for international MBA students.

The 1-point dip in CBS’ average GMAT score is also not significant, especially given the lower acceptance rate and higher yield that Columbia enjoyed last year. It is a little surprising because of the GMAT score arms race that seems to have gripped much of CBS’s competition. (Chicago, Kellogg, and Wharton have all reported increased average GMAT scores for their incoming classes.)

Apparently in this past year CBS chose to focus more on diversity and less on the GMAT. I expect that CBS will want to report an increase in its GMAT average in the upcoming class.  And with it’s 715 score, it still remains one of a handful of schools with an average GMAT equal or greater than a lofty 715.

By Linda Abraham, president and founder of Accepted.com and co-author of the new, definitive book on MBA admissions, MBA Admission for Smarties: The No-Nonsense Guide to Acceptance at Top Business Schools.

Related Resources:

Tags: Columbia Business School, MBA Admissions

The post Columbia MBA Class of ’17: More Women, Internationals, U.S. Minorities appeared first on Accepted Admissions Consulting Blog.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  78   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts