Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 29 [0]
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
VP
VP
Send PM
Re: Calling all Darden-UVA Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018 [#permalink]
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Upcoming Darden Webinars and Live Chats
As the Round 1 application deadline approaches, we wanted to let you know about two ways that you can learn more about Darden — even if you can’t make it to Charlottesville for an Open House. We hope that you will attend one of these virtual chats so that we can answer your questions and share more about the Darden experience.

On Thursday, 24 September, at 12 noon EST, please join Darden Admissions for a webinar chat prior to our Round 1 Deadline. You can register for this event here. We look forward to talking with you!

Additionally, on Tuesday, 29 September, at 11 am EST, members of our Admissions Committee will be participating in a Live Chat with Beat the GMAT to answer your questions about the MBA application process and the Darden experience. Registration will be available here starting on Monday, so be sure to check back then.

We hope that you will join us for one or both of these chats!

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Admissions Talk Show: Darden Business Institute
MBA Admissions Dean Sara Neher sat down recently with Ron Wilcox, one of Darden’s top-ranked faculty members, to talk about the Darden Business Institute, which will be launching in Northern Virginia next month. See what Ron had to say by watching the latest episode of Darden’s Admissions Talk Show below.

This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Darden’s Class of 2017 Featured on Poets & Quants
334 students from 37 countries. 35% women. 17% domestic minorities. 38% international.

We’ve already shared the numbers of the Class of 2017 with you. But have you wondered who the students are behind the numbers?

Poets & Quants recently published an article about Darden’s Class of 2017, which both overviews the incoming class and profiles eight individual students with varying backgrounds and skillsets. The case method thrives on a diversity of thought and expertise, and reading about these eight students will give you a snapshot of some of the different experiences that come together in our classrooms to create discussions that will serve students well in the business world.

To learn more about Darden’s appeal to these eight talented students (and 326 others!), you can read the full article here: https://poetsandquants.com/2015/09/17/meet-virginia-dardens-mba-class-of-2017/

If you would like to experience the case method first hand, you can sign up for one of our upcoming open houses or class visits.

VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Join us for Admissions Office Hours
On Wednesday, 30 September, and Wednesday, 7 October, Darden Admissions will be having virtual “office hours” with members of our Admissions Committee. Hosted through our webinar chat program, Office Hours provide one more opportunity to ask any questions you may have before the Round 1 Deadline on 8 October 2015.

These office hours will take place from 12-12:30 pm EST on 30 September and 7 October, and you can drop in at any point during that time period. You are not required to be present for the duration of the chat.

To join us next week or the following week, head over to darden.adobeconnect.com/admissions and type in your name to enter the chat.

We look forward to answering any questions you may have!

MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hello Guys,

Today we have a chat with members from Darden's Admission team. Kristen Egan and Catie Yielding will be in GMAT Club chat between 8 - 9 AM Pacific Time to chat and answer applicants' queries. This is your best opportunity to get answers to all your application questions. So save the event in Google Calendar and be in the chat room with your questions.

Time: 8 AM Pacific Time.
Place: GMAT Club Chat Room https://gmatclub.com/gchat/
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Video Blog: Europe Trip Recap
Admissions Dean Sara Neher recently returned from a trip to Europe, where she spent time with prospective students, Darden alumni, one of our current GEMBA cohorts and new dean Scott Beardsley. Watch the video below to learn more about her trip!

Missed an episode? View all of the Admissions Video Blogs here.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V40
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hello,

I'm planning to move my application from Round 1 to Round 2 for Darden.

Does anybody know whether I have to request the recommendations again or they automatically get attached to the round 2 applications.

Thanks in advance.
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: An Exciting Time for Women at Darden
It’s been quite a year so far for women at Darden. The Class of 2017 contains a record-breaking number of women, Darden is celebrating 50 years of women in the MBA program and, most recently, student-run club Graduate Women in Business sponsored the 2015 Women in Leadership conference in September, which attracted roughly 130 students and 50 sponsors.

And it doesn’t end here. According to Director of Admissions Haley Whitlock Gyory, “Darden is committed to creating an empowering ecosystem for women. Increasing the number and quality of female students is critical to Darden’s viability as a world-class business school.”

Want to learn more about women in business and at Darden? Here are some resources for you to check out:

• Darden’s recap of the GWIB conference, as well as notes on other women-centric initiatives currently taking place here.
  • Our website, which will introduce you to alumni, student clubs and UVA resources for women.
  • The Forté Foundation. Darden is a sponsor of Forté, a foundation that strives to encourage women in the business world.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategy
Schools: Ross '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
Send PM
Just submitted my application. The Application Proof does not show my resume. I am worrying a little that I forgot to attach it. Can anyone else confirm that their resume is not displayed on the proof?

Thanks.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
overboard wrote:
Just submitted my application. The Application Proof does not show my resume. I am worrying a little that I forgot to attach it. Can anyone else confirm that their resume is not displayed on the proof?

Thanks.

I haven't submitted yet, but my proof doesn't show my resume even though it's definitely uploaded.

I'll reconfirm after I submit but I didn't want you to be worried; you're probably good.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
sharpsagi wrote:
Hello,

I'm planning to move my application from Round 1 to Round 2 for Darden.

Does anybody know whether I have to request the recommendations again or they automatically get attached to the round 2 applications.

Thanks in advance.

Hey sharpsagi,

Your recommendations will be considered in Round 2 if you submit your application in Round 2. You don't need to request new recommendations.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 136 [0]
Given Kudos: 183
Concentration: Marketing, Entrepreneurship
Schools: NUS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V39
GMAT 2: 710 Q47 V41
GMAT 3: 720 Q50 V38
WE:Business Development (Computer Software)
Send PM
overboard wrote:

Thanks.

Don't worry. Most probably it's attached. Even if it isn't, the adcom wouldn't start evaluating you until they have your resume. I'm sure they will contact you if there is anything missing.
VP
VP
Send PM
FROM Darden Admissions Blog: Round 1 Application Deadline is Thursday, 8 October
As a reminder, the Round 1 application deadline for the full-time format is this Thursday, 8 October 2015.

If you have any remaining questions about the application or the admissions process, we encourage you to join us at our virtual Admissions Office Hours on Wednesday, 7 October 2015, from 12:00-12:30 pm EST. Feel free to drop in at any point during that time period. You can join the chat here.

Good luck and we look forward to reading your application!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
overboard wrote:

Thanks.

Just submitted and confirmed, no resume in proof.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE:Sales (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Just submitted my application :) Really hope that this goes well
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Anyone in for the Jefferson Fellowship? No firm date on the release of the invitees but they did say by late October.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.6
WE:General Management (Other)
Send PM
Just submitted my application. Good luck to everyone.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  29   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts