Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:58 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:58

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [3]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 680 Q42 V40
GRE 1: Q161 V164
GPA: 3.7
WE:General Management (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10012 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
Expert Reply
mrslee wrote:
Hi,
What is the deadline for January 2016 IMBA intake?

Thanks

mrslee, I checked their web portal but did not find any information regarding application deadlines. I remember hearing somewhere that IE accepts applications throughout the year on rolling basis and that there is no specific deadline for applying; nevertheless, I will try to get information on application deadlines from their India office. Shall update here when I get the info.

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Re: Calling all IE IMBA Applicants (Sept 2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
As per my knowledge, IE doesn't have deadlines for applications. They have a Rolling admission pattern and you can submit your application whenever you feel like. Although, they say its best to send in the completed application almost a year before the Intake. I talked to the Admission office at IE and they said that once the application is submitted, the candidate would be called in for their in-house admission test i.e ieGAT. That is in case you haven't taken the GMAT already.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Dear Narenn,
Dear vas4869,

Thank you very much for your time and answer!
Yeah , I also got in touch with them and received the answer that it is still possible to apply to January intake. However, it is still the question that whether it is possible to apply even one month before the intake, as they have mentioned it is a rolling based :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Technology, Sustainability
GPA: 4
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Dear mrslee,
Well technically yes. You can apply even one month before the intake. But that gives you very less time to schedule the interview. Moreover, the decision would take almost 2 months from the date of sending in your application. I presume the 'one month before intake'was a joke. But nonetheless, i would also like to bring to your notice that IE has this policy of admitting you in the intake that you intend to join and also to the one that comes after. So in case you get admission for the January'16intake, you simulateneously get admission for the Sep'16 intake as well. Hope this helps.
Best regards
Vivek
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tepper '18
Send PM
hey guys!
its been almost 3 weeks since my IE interview (Sep 2016 Entry Batch) and i haven't received any mail from the college. I am worried and it seems its going to be a "no" now that they have not yet reverted.....please advise what should i do
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
brijeshtarunn wrote:
hey guys!
its been almost 3 weeks since my IE interview (Sep 2016 Entry Batch) and i haven't received any mail from the college. I am worried and it seems its going to be a "no" now that they have not yet reverted.....please advise what should i do

why dont you reach out to them and maybe check your spam mail?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools: Tepper '18
Send PM
tyor wrote:
brijeshtarunn wrote:
hey guys!

why dont you reach out to them and maybe check your spam mail?

Hey All! Finally got the confirmation mail from IE and m so relieved. But I am still not sure if IE is the best choice. I mean I've heard about IE's Diversity, large alumni base and Entrepreneurship but m still skeptic about the placement scenario. From what i can understand after going through numerous web pages is that Job Prospects are really bad in Europe. And if this is the case then it hardly matters whether you are graduating from INSEAD, IE, IMD, LBS or HEC! I am still not sure whether i should join IE or not.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
brijeshtarunn wrote:

Hey All! Finally got the confirmation mail from IE and m so relieved. But I am still not sure if IE is the best choice. I mean I've heard about IE's Diversity, large alumni base and Entrepreneurship but m still skeptic about the placement scenario. From what i can understand after going through numerous web pages is that Job Prospects are really bad in Europe. And if this is the case then it hardly matters whether you are graduating from INSEAD, IE, IMD, LBS or HEC! I am still not sure whether i should join IE or not.

I equally had the same doubts about IE. I checked on LinkedIn for IE Alumni (in my location) and compared their pre and post MBA placements, I could not really see the IE Effect. When you check the same for other schools e.g. INSEAD, LBS and American schools, I saw huge gap between pre and post MBA placement. A few friends that i have got between 200% - 500% salary raise after MBA. (from say $30k - $130k). With IE alumni, I barely saw the IE nor the MBA effect, people left Big4 at Senior Associate level and returned to the same level in another firm (with the same salary scale).

Also, circa 95% of IE alumni from my jurisdiction returned back home immediately after their programme. This also defies the objective for most candidates from MEA and Asia who desire international work experience before returning home. In my own case, my only need for the IE MBA is international placement. Do Strategy consulting with a top consulting firm e.g. Bain, BCG and the likes (in a first world country) before returning home to settle with one of the Big 4s. As my friend would say, "The only way I would ever get a job with Goldman Sachs is to leave my home country and go fetch it". He is right because Goldman Sachs doesnt have a presence in our region, and even if they have investments here, there is a guy from this region at Wharton, Kelloggs, etc waiting to follow the investment train back home and grab the job.

As much as I appreciate the IE diversity, innovation and all, immediate objective of candidates should be important in school selection. I think the IE MBA would work for candidates like me, if I have other means to obtain work permit and residency within the EU.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Hi,

I am planning to join IE Global MBA for April-16.
I wanted to know how good is the program and does university help in placements?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [2]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: Marketing, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.1
WE:Advertising (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos