Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 19:02 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 19:02

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1831 [1]
Given Kudos: 833
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.35
WE:Consulting (Computer Software)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: ISB '16 (A)
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.17
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 42
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V42
WE:Engineering (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Operations, Strategy
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3.35
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Re: Calling all ISB Applicants - (2016 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Kudos
You can Consider IIM A's PGPX and IIM B's EPGP. Both are 1 year courses.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, International Business
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Hi guys. Really love the activity in this post. I would really appreciate you guys to help me with your expert views. I am going to break my query into three parts just for my better understanding. So here i am :

1) I am not from an engineering background. Rather I am a Bachelors in Commerce and after that I did my CA ( Chartered Accountancy) and CMA ( Cost Accountancy ). Both are hardcore Finance and Accounting degrees. So I am a bit confused as to how do I convert my marks into GPA ?

2) I got a 690 on my GMAT. And this was after 3 attempts. It started with 650, then 640 and finally 690. I am satisfied with the score even though I admit that the magical 700 figure would have been great. But I think I have a strong case if my overall academics are considered. Plus I keep on hearing from all the adcoms that GMAT is just one aspect that is weighed. So, do let me know whether I should show the audacity to go ahead and apply with this score.

3) Can anyone please provide me a walk through of the entire admissions process ? I mean I gave my GMAT, now what ? I have a lot of time so please do not skip out on any details.

Thank you in advance to anybody who takes out time from their busy schedule to answer my questions.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
FROM ISB Admissions Blog: Check-list to apply to the PGP at ISB
If you have made up your mind to apply to the PGP, here’s a check-list of things that will help you complete your application before the application deadline. Fill each segment of the online application form based on the guidelines below.

• Applicant Information: This segment mainly captures the mandatory personal, professional and contact information. Begin by stating whether or not you’re a re-applicant as the application fee and essay topics differ slightly for the re-applicants. Mention your preferences about the interview location after carefully considering your availability in that city during the indicated interview dates. Ensure that your name on the application form is as it is in your passport as your PGP certificate will be issued on that name.
  • Test Scores: You are required to submit your GMAT scores along with the application within the respective application deadline. You can also submit your application with the unofficial score report. Consequently, you can take the GMAT even on the day of the deadline and submit your application with the test center score report. However, you must ensure that your official score report reaches the School within two weeks of the application deadline. Note that incorrect scores in the application may lead to disqualification. If the medium of instruction during your under graduation was not English, you will also have to submit scores for a language proficiency test (TOEFL / IELTS).
  • Education Details: Details about your class X and XII, along with either one of your under-graduate, integrated programme or professional education scores have to be filled in here. If you have additional educational qualifications, you can mention them using the Additional Education form.
  • Awards and Activities: As the admission process is holistic, use this section to showcase your achievements in extra-curricular activities. Start from the most recent and mention the important activities in a descending order of participation.
  • Essays: An important part of the application process, are the essays. This year, the application form consists of three compulsory and one optional essay for the first time applicants. If you are a re-applicant, Essay 4 on how you’ve developed since your last application is compulsory. For in-depth analysis of the essay topics, click here.
  • Evaluation: One evaluation from a professional contact, preferably a current supervisor has to be made available as part of the application. Official e-mail id of your evaluator is preferred mode for getting the evaluation. In case your evaluator is unable to provide an official e-mail id, you can opt for an offline evaluation in which your evaluator will have to fill the evaluation form, print it, sign it and then upload a scanned copy through the link provided in the e-mail. Ensure that you click on “Send request to ISB” after filling your evaluator details in the application form. Your filled in evaluation should be received directly from your evaluator by the school before the respective cycle application deadline.
  • Scholarship Application: All applicants will automatically be considered for the available merit-linked tuition waivers. There is no separate application for the merit linked waivers. Fill this section only if you are applying for an ISB need-based waiver, the diversity waiver, the ISB-AIESEC waiver and the Bridge to India scholarship. If you are applying for a need-based scholarship, it is necessary that you submit a proof of income for yourself and the other earning members of the family.
  • Upload Documents: All official documents including recent passport size photograph, valid passport, transcripts / mark sheets for all exams of the qualifying exam and others have to be scanned and submitted in PDF format. Proof of income is mandatory for applicants. Proof of income for family members is required only if applying for a need based waiver.
For more insights, you can attend the Admission information sessions that we host regularly in various cities across the worldor online in the form of webinars. If you have any questions that you are unable to find answers to anywhere else, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Team. We are here to help.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Bookmarks
FROM ISB PGP Admissions Director Blog: Check-list to apply to the PGP at ISB
If you have made up your mind to apply to the PGP, here’s a check-list of things that will help you complete your application before the application deadline. Fill each segment of the online application form based on the guidelines below.

• Applicant Information: This segment mainly captures the mandatory personal, professional and contact information. Begin by stating whether or not you’re a re-applicant as the application fee and essay topics differ slightly for the re-applicants. Mention your preferences about the interview location after carefully considering your availability in that city during the indicated interview dates. Ensure that your name on the application form is as it is in your passport as your PGP certificate will be issued on that name.
  • Test Scores: You are required to submit your GMAT scores along with the application within the respective application deadline. You can also submit your application with the unofficial score report. Consequently, you can take the GMAT even on the day of the deadline and submit your application with the test center score report. However, you must ensure that your official score report reaches the School within two weeks of the application deadline. Note that incorrect scores in the application may lead to disqualification. If the medium of instruction during your under graduation was not English, you will also have to submit scores for a language proficiency test (TOEFL / IELTS).
  • Education Details: Details about your class X and XII, along with either one of your under-graduate, integrated programme or professional education scores have to be filled in here. If you have additional educational qualifications, you can mention them using the Additional Education form.
  • Awards and Activities: As the admission process is holistic, use this section to showcase your achievements in extra-curricular activities. Start from the most recent and mention the important activities in a descending order of participation.
  • Essays: An important part of the application process, are the essays. This year, the application form consists of three compulsory and one optional essay for the first time applicants. If you are a re-applicant, Essay 4 on how you’ve developed since your last application is compulsory. For in-depth analysis of the essay topics, click here.
  • Evaluation: One evaluation from a professional contact, preferably a current supervisor has to be made available as part of the application. Official e-mail id of your evaluator is preferred mode for getting the evaluation. In case your evaluator is unable to provide an official e-mail id, you can opt for an offline evaluation in which your evaluator will have to fill the evaluation form, print it, sign it and then upload a scanned copy through the link provided in the e-mail. Ensure that you click on “Send request to ISB” after filling your evaluator details in the application form. Your filled in evaluation should be received directly from your evaluator by the school before the respective cycle application deadline.
  • Scholarship Application: All applicants will automatically be considered for the available merit-linked tuition waivers. There is no separate application for the merit linked waivers. Fill this section only if you are applying for an ISB need-based waiver, the diversity waiver, the ISB-AIESEC waiver and the Bridge to India scholarship. If you are applying for a need-based scholarship, it is necessary that you submit a proof of income for yourself and the other earning members of the family.
  • Upload Documents: All official documents including recent passport size photograph, valid passport, transcripts / mark sheets for all exams of the qualifying exam and others have to be scanned and submitted in PDF format. Proof of income is mandatory for applicants. Proof of income for family members is required only if applying for a need based waiver.
For more insights, you can attend the Admission information sessions that we host regularly in various cities across the worldor online in the form of webinars. If you have any questions that you are unable to find answers to anywhere else, please do not hesitate to contact the Admissions Team. We are here to help.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 2.94
WE:Analyst (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Hi guys
Can someone please tell me how and where i can put my CFA credentials in the ISB Application..
thanks..
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 28 [1]
Send PM