Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Stacy Blackman Consulting Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 178 [2]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [3]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [3]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.7
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds? I've heard that more traditional candidates like consultants and bankers generally find out later, but have only heard that anecdotally. I'm probably just trying to provide myself with more hope at this point.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
TheLostOne wrote:
SBCErikaOlson wrote:
Just want to make sure that people who didn't get an invite today don't lose hope. Every single year I have clients who hear during the second notification period. (And for Stanford I've had people get an invite on the ultimate last day of their range.)

So seriously, it can still happen. But I totally get how much it sucks to have NOT heard today. It's extra stress in an already excruciatingly stressful process. I'm just glad that HBS (and other schools) now let people know much, much sooner than they used to back in the day. Because The Wait used to be months longer before you finally knew their ultimate decision.

Best of luck to all!

Well, today would have been the day if you were playing the odds. Thursday is only 200 invites.

From the admissions website:
"At 12:00 noon ET, we will send interview invitations via email to roughly 600 Round 1 applicants. The email will contain detailed instructions on the scheduling process. On October 8 and 14, we will extend about 350 additional invitations (total).

Please don't speculate about the day you receive the interview invitation - it's not about you. It's about us and how we set internal deadlines for applications to be read."
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V41
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
thinkingaboutbschool wrote:
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds?

I'm sure it is random! I'm as traditional as it gets (white, 25, non MBB consulting), and I got the news.

Don't count yourself out! Assuming there are 75 2+2 interview slots, 31% of the non 2+2 invites have not been distributed.

Originally posted by landerpr on 06 Oct 2015, 10:18.
Last edited by landerpr on 22 Oct 2015, 06:57, edited 3 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [1]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Kudos
landerpr wrote:
Any idea on how they decide who to let know in the earlier rounds? I've heard that more traditional candidates like consultants and bankers generally find out later, but have only heard that anecdotally. I'm probably just trying to provide myself with more hope at this point.

I'm sure it is random! I'm as traditional as it gets (white, 25, non MBB consulting), and I got the news.

Don't count yourself out! Assuming there are 75 2+2 interview slots, 31% of the non 2+2 invites have not been distributed.

Hispanic, from a poor background, high gmat, lowish gpa, financial advisor, first-generation immigrant, first generation to go to college, decent extracurriculars, thought I had a killer essay/speech and nothing. Fearing it will likely be a ding.

Originally posted by SilverBull on 06 Oct 2015, 10:34.
Last edited by SilverBull on 06 Oct 2015, 10:47, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Marketing, Operations
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V35
Send PM
Kudos
SilverBull wrote:
landerpr wrote:

Hispanic, from a poor background, high gmat, lowish gpa, financial advisor, first-generation immigrant, first generation to go to college and nothing. Fearing it will likely be a ding.

Me and you both! I know I'm a stretch candidate so I won't really be offended if im in the 90% of applicants who are shown the door. But hey, you miss all the shots you don't take! I'm Hispanic, poor background, above average gmat (680), lowish GPA (Naval Academy), Military officer. No interview invite thus far.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting another few days for R1!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
I'm actually confused by the numbers here - each year they admit 12% of roughly 9500 applicants, so 1140 admitted. If 60% of those interviewed get in, that indicates 1900 interviews, versus the 950 invitations being extended this year?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Send PM
KCheetah wrote:
I'm actually confused by the numbers here - each year they admit 12% of roughly 9500 applicants, so 1140 admitted. If 60% of those interviewed get in, that indicates 1900 interviews, versus the 950 invitations being extended this year?

There are multiple rounds.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
KCheetah wrote:

950 is for R1 only
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Send PM
hellovivian wrote:
KCheetah wrote:

950 is for R1 only

Oops guess I was still in the CBS mode lol...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V42
WE:Management Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM

For what it's worth, I'm a consultant at an MBB and no one in my office got an invite today.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 750 Q48 V45
WE:Military Officer (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
Jake17 wrote:
Me and you both! I know I'm a stretch candidate so I won't really be offended if im in the 90% of applicants who are shown the door. But hey, you miss all the shots you don't take! I'm Hispanic, poor background, above average gmat (680), lowish GPA (Naval Academy), Military officer. No interview invite thus far.

Good Luck to everyone still waiting another few days for R1!

I am a military officer as well and didn't get an invite today. Perhaps we will have more luck on thursday!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Send PM
So if we don't hear on the 8th, our shots are really small, no? The 14th is pretty much 2+2 day, yeah?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
GPA: 3.7
RainMKR89 wrote:

For what it's worth, I'm a consultant at an MBB and no one in my office got an invite today.

It probably shouldn't, but this provides me with a little more hope as I'm from about as a traditional background minus the consultant route.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
GMAT 1: 710 Q47 V41
GPA: 3.79
Send PM
First post!

I didn't get an invite either but honestly looking at the people here with amazing stats who also didn't an invite really makes me feel better :oops: :oops:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V39
GPA: 3.5
WE:Brand Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Noidea1234 wrote:
First post!

I didn't get an invite either but honestly looking at the people here with amazing stats who also didn't an invite really makes me feel better :oops: :oops:

I know! Great people. Wish everyone luck for the 8th and 14th!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q47 V42
GPA: 3.81
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Did anyone from LatAm hear anything?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
I'm frankly shocked that for a statistically strong group there aren't more people posting that they got an invite. I have seen maybe two or three so far on both the forums and the chat. I would have expected more given that generally speaking a candidate as about a 20% chance of getting an invite (supposedly if you have any strengths in your application your chances are obviously higher).
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  12   13   14   15   16   17   18  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts