Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 02:06 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 02:06

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Cambridge Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Sustainability, International Business
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Ivey Business School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Cambridge Thread Master
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.64
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Judge(Cambridge) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
I too applied in the 1st round deadline.
Going by the last year post we should have an answer by this weekend.
Last year some students got an interview call in 2 weeks..:-)

Desperately waiting to hear from the school

All the best to evry1 in this portal:-)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Judge(Cambridge) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2017!! [#permalink]
Kudos
FROM Cambridge Admissions Blog: The Cambridge MBA 2015 class
Last week, we welcomed 157 students into the Cambridge MBA 2015 class. Yes, it is strange that we call a class by the year that they start and not the year they graduate which is what almost every other school does, but we are part of an 806 year old institution so we can be forgiven for some inconsistencies.

This year’s class has 37% women, which is the highest percentage in the six years that I have been with CJBS. While most schools have also seen an increase in the percentage of women students, this is a big jump for us (last year we were at 30% with a smaller class) and I think part of that increase had to do also with the outreach that our marketing team did.

A one-year MBA programme means a more compressed schedule and this year, we have seen more pressures on the time table at an earlier stage. For example, in the first 8 days we would have hosted two employer events, when in the past we would only have employers presenting after the first two weeks.

This compression of schedule meant that I didn’t have a chance to speak to the entire class as I did two years ago. That year, I reminded the class that, over the course of their MBA, they should always reflect on how they got here. No one had a perfect application so ultimately, each student was sitting in LT1 because the admissions committee and faculty interviewers had seen some potential in them, and taken a risk that this potential could be developed in Cambridge so that they will become students and subsequently alumni who could build on the school’s legacy. This reflection will be important because every student will face setbacks on their MBA. Understanding, and in many cases discovering, their own potential will be an important ingredient for students looking to bounce back from these inevitable setbacks.

I look forward to seeing what mark the Cambridge MBA 2015 class will leave.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Cambridge Thread Master
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you for the Admissions blog update!

For all applicants waiting to hear back about interviews, I received a reply from the Cambridge admissions office. Reading time for applications will be going until this coming Monday (October 5th), at which point decisions will be made regarding the short list and round 1 applicants will be notified. In other words, it is likely that you will receive notification about your interview status at some point next week (if the process is similar to Oxford, I would expect to hear back on Friday).

Also, the interview dates themselves are posted here:

https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/mba ... deadlines/

Telephone interviews will be scheduled for some point during the week of November 9th according to availability for those unable to attend in person.

I will update the 2nd post of this topic to include interview dates. Good luck to all applicants! I know I've got my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 58 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Finance, Strategy
Schools: LBS '18 (M)
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V39
GPA: 4
WE:Corporate Finance (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Is it an absolute must to use the Cambridge CV template provided in the application?

My template is clean as it is...
Cambridge Thread Master
Send PM
converge wrote:
Is it an absolute must to use the Cambridge CV template provided in the application?

My template is clean as it is...

It does not have to be exactly the same in every way, but they definitely appreciate adhering to the template as much as possible. For example, I called the admissions team while doing my application to ask if it was ok to remove the address section. Since it took up so much space on the page and this information is available elsewhere in the application, they assured me this was ok.

I would advise to keep your CV within 1 page however. I know that this has been the hardest challenge for myself, since I have a large quantity of extracurriculars and volunteer experiences which are relevant for my applications. Most admissions committees seem to really want the 1 page CV format, which makes sense because of the sheer volume of applications they receive and the short turn around period for interview invites.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 88
Send PM
Cambridge's page doesn't mention when admission decisions will be rendered. It only mentions interview dates, which are quite far from deadlines. Can someone please explain what it means?

https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/mb ... deadlines/
Cambridge Thread Master
Send PM
BrainFog wrote:
Cambridge's page doesn't mention when admission decisions will be rendered. It only mentions interview dates, which are quite far from deadlines. Can someone please explain what it means?

https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/mb ... deadlines/

Hi BrainFog,

As mentioned earlier in the thread, Judge spends about 3 weeks reviewing applications and then makes an interview shortlist of the candidates (while also notifying all applicants of their status for interview). The interview dates are shown on the link which you've posted.

On the application process page, they state that conditional offers will be given within 3 days of the interview date, as shown below:

https://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/mba ... s-process/

So, you can expect final admission decisions to be rendered within 3 days of your interview if you're selected. I'll update the information post to include this link.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi everyone...Any updates on the interview invites??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Got a ding mail !! :cry: :cry:
All the best everyone..
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Me too.. Dinged :(
Cambridge Thread Master
Send PM
I was also dinged. Best of luck to everyone in the first round interviews!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
WE:Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Got dinged......good luck everyone!
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Send PM
I am still waiting for the email. But not too hopeful.
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I have been waitlisted for the interview. Will receive further information in some days. Don't know if it's a positive sign or not.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 34
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 690 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.88
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
Kudos
striker11 wrote:
I have been waitlisted for the interview. Will receive further information in some days. Don't know if it's a positive sign or not.

I have been waitlisted as well. Does not seem to me positive sign though. :(
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Here is latest on the interview invites and status updates by users on the forum

Total R1 applicants: 53
Invited to Interview: 1
Waitlisted : 1
Denied: 5

47 users have still not updated their Cambridge application status on forums.

Attachment:
Judge.png
Judge.png [ 35.86 KiB | Viewed 3489 times ]
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Announcement: We have a chat with current JBS students on October 13, Tuesday. It's a nice opportunity to learn from their experiences and get insights of JBS's MBA program. You are free to ask them whatever questions you have in mind about JBS.

Date: October 13
Time: 12.30 - 13.30 British Time (GMT +1)
Place: https://gmatclub.com/gchat/

Good Luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts