Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 05:50 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 05:50

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [1]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
No invite. Here is my profile.
Latin America, top 10% of my engineering class in a top 3 university (don't know what that would mean in GPA), GMAT 740, CFA, mid size partner in an independent investment management company, head of my investment division.

Everybody is rationalizing about the invitation process, so here is mine.
They definitively have a reason for releasing invites in 3 different dates.
I think they first chose the 600 people they were sure they wanted to interview. Also, they probably discarded a number of candidates (say 2.700) that they were sure they did not want to interview.
The adcom probably use the additional time to debate and chose among the “maybe” candidates.
Who knows, maybe it is just like they said. Maybe they have already chosen and it is a random release process.

Anyway, if you ever had a shot than you still have a chance. Good luck to all!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
PersonalMBACoach wrote:
Congrats to those who got an invite today! For those who are still waiting, you really should not lose hope. I had clients who got invited on Tuesday as well as today and I will have at least one invited on the last day. This happens every year, so don't lose hope yet! Hang in there....

This does not happen every year as they do not release invite decisions on three separate days every year.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Marketing
Send PM
Is there anyone planning to interview in Tokyo?
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMAT Club
Own Kudos [?]: 10011 [0]
Given Kudos: 4542
Test: Test
Send PM
Expert Reply
Congrats everyone who got interview invitation from HBS. As per forum stats, 16 users have been invited so far. Those getting their decisions, please update your application status to have more clearer stats.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [1]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Kudos
I see a lot of speculation about interview waves....saw this in the comments on P&Q by Sandy Kreisberg and couldn't help but see some merit in his theory:

haha, one thing you can say FOR HBS, is when it comes to admit people, it is BANG, it all happens at noon on Day X.
Also Stanford just dribbles out its interview invites, without much public notice about when it starts or ends. You often find out when guy at next cubbie gets an invite.
Columbia and other rolling admit places do that with admits.

As to HBS and interview invites. I think it is like those "double tap" bombing raids you read about, the first tap is not the bomb, just a warning to get out of the building. Except in this case, the first tap, the first wave, is not the bomb, e.g. you are still alive--and you are now warned: IF ANY BIG SHOT IS GOING TO MAKE A CALL FOR YOU, HE HAS ABOUT A WEEK.
OK, that does not mean the kids who get invites on Days 2 and 3, all have people making calls, but it does allow the adcom a grace time to correct any overlooks, of any kind, and to micro fine-tune the selection process.
Also, i think 3rd wave of Round 1 invites is almost all 2+2, if you don't get an invite by Thursday, man, time to start worrying for real, or getting Mr Big to call Her Maj.

I am a reapplicant and haven't received an invite. Oddly enough I feel ready to move one knowing that I gave it my best shot this year.
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Allday028

I can't say 100% but the comment was based on experience in previous years when things tend to be spread out. Good luck!
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Allday028

I can't say 100% but the comment was based on experience in previous years when things tend to be spread out. The numbers are a lot smaller though by the end. Good luck!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
I am writing myself off. Good luck everyone.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
Hi, been lurking on this thread for months- I am a r1 applicant and, like many who have posted, have not received an interview invite. However, let's not count ourselves out just yet!! There's still a possibility for "further consideration," and my googling tells me that fc people have gotten interview invites in r2 and then eventually get in!

I am quite disappointed in not receiving an invite on the 6th - 27/F/760/3.4 Construction manager who can code (I want to go to HBS to figure out how to combine the two), but everything happens for a reason! I still have hope for us. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
theprofessionist wrote:
Hi, been lurking on this thread for months- I am a r1 applicant and, like many who have posted, have not received an interview invite. However, let's not count ourselves out just yet!! There's still a possibility for "further consideration," and my googling tells me that fc people have gotten interview invites in r2 and then eventually get in!

I am quite disappointed in not receiving an invite on the 6th - 27/F/760/3.4 Construction manager who can code (I want to go to HBS to figure out how to combine the two), but everything happens for a reason! I still have hope for us. :)

Well, you sound like a super cool person so I'm sure you'll do well wherever! Sounds like you're keeping everything in perspective, and this goes to all of my fellow rejectees :D
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Send PM
theprofessionist wrote:

Female construction manager who codes sounds exceptionally interesting. Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
Kudos
I also did not get an invite, which felt quite devastating last week, but now with a fresh new week ahead of me, I feel kind great again! There are so many worse things than not getting an interview invite, so I have to put things into perspective. I still have life, people I care about, and a great job in an exciting industry. There are still 2 schools out there for which I'm waiting to hear back ... and my year-end reviews are coming up at work, which really motivates me to work hard here and aim for a big promotion. I'm going to go ahead and change my status to a "Ding" -- I accept it and am happy to have moved on :)

PS Here are my stats:
NO INVITE (Round 1)
Investment management / NYC
Top 10 US University
3.37 GPA in physical sciences
740 GMAT
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
munkee2018: That's a great outlook. You still never know for the Oct 14 release invitations...
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Going to be brutally honest here and say that I do not like HBS' system for extending invites and, ultimately, issuing rejections. I find their purported need for this -- internal deadlines for review and all -- to be highly unconvincing, and this seems like a way to extend the inevitable for most non-invitees while they give themselves a slight bit more time to parse over the fine details on a handful of applicants.

For me, it's not particularly off-putting personally, because I've just written the possibility of HBS off entirely after not getting an invitation on the 8th, but I cannot help but feel bad seeing all of these people holding out hope (which will be false hope for 98% of these people). Seems to me the far more humane thing for HBS to do -- given that they know full well the amount of work and emotional investment that are put into these applications -- would be to send it all out at once and get it over with. Why make someone die the same death three times over? Again, just feel bad for some of these people, and it all seems unnecessary.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
outsidethesidelines wrote:
Going to be brutally honest here and say that I do not like HBS' system for extending invites and, ultimately, issuing rejections. I find their purported need for this -- internal deadlines for review and all -- to be highly unconvincing, and this seems like a way to extend the inevitable for most non-invitees while they give themselves a slight bit more time to parse over the fine details on a handful of applicants.

For me, it's not particularly off-putting personally, because I've just written the possibility of HBS off entirely after not getting an invitation on the 8th, but I cannot help but feel bad seeing all of these people holding out hope (which will be false hope for 98% of these people). Seems to me the far more humane thing for HBS to do -- given that they know full well the amount of work and emotional investment that are put into these applications -- would be to send it all out at once and get it over with. Why make someone die the same death three times over? Again, just feel bad for some of these people, and it all seems unnecessary.

Eh, I actually think they have the best system by a country mile. I like the transparency and strict deadlines. Sure beats, "Eh, we will probably send some invites mid or late October. How many? Who knows. Good luck" that nearly every other school subscribes to.

Oh, and I got rejected by HBS too.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
outsidethesidelines wrote:

Eh, I actually think they have the best system by a country mile. I like the transparency and strict deadlines. Sure beats, "Eh, we will probably send some invites mid or late October. How many? Who knows. Good luck" that nearly every other school subscribes to.

Oh, and I got rejected by HBS too.

Agreed with TheLostOne
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 750 Q50 V41
GPA: 3.78
WE:Engineering (Pharmaceuticals and Biotech)
Send PM
I was lucky enough to get an invite on the 8th. I see both sides to the argument. I like how HBS tells you ahead of time that there are three dates they will issue interview invites. I don't get why they have the three dates...

I don't really buy that there is no difference between the rounds. People speculate that getting an invite on day 2 or 3 means your application was reviewed for fine details. I like to think that they bucket applicants by area and then review specific profile types at different times. But that is pure speculation.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  19   20   21   22   23   24   25  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts