Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 10:25 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 10:25

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [0]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.76
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Hi received my invite about an hour ago as well. Super excited.

Does anyone know more about how the interview is used? For example how many invites go out? What percentage of people invited to interview are accepted? Also, any insight on how much weight the interview carries. For some reason, when I see that the interviews are conducted by alumni or second year students- I start to think they don't hold that much weight. Reasoning is that if schools really valued them the adcoms would conduct them to have a more normative and relied upon process
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [2]
Given Kudos: 13
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Nonprofit
GRE 1: Q163 V168
WE:Corporate Finance (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Chicago-Booth Applicants (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
MV23 wrote:
According to poetsAndQuants, there is a method to the madness. They use First In First Out method for reviewing the applications, so it's probable that the admits are rolled out in the same order

I'm not sure about that this year. I submitted my application at 3pm CST on 9/17, so I should have been close to last to hear. I think they just divide these up among reviewers and you're just at the mercy of how much of a procrastinator your reviewer is. That's a terrible answer, I know. . . .
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 152 [2]
Given Kudos: 502
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
GMAT 2: 760 Q50 V42
GPA: 3.9
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
Kudos
According to an old P&Q article, about 50% applicants are interviewed, 44% of the interviewed candidates are admitted and 61% of them accept the admit offer.
MBAAlex120 wrote:

Does anyone know more about how the interview is used? For example how many invites go out? What percentage of people invited to interview are accepted? Also, any insight on how much weight the interview carries. For some reason, when I see that the interviews are conducted by alumni or second year students- I start to think they don't hold that much weight. Reasoning is that if schools really valued them the adcoms would conduct them to have a more normative and relied upon process
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V44
Send PM
Interview invite.

750, Investment Banking all the way. Asian Male.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.57
Send PM
i hope the stats on the first page are accurate. 9% for the first day of invites sounds about right if we assume a target of approximately 50%
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.83
WE:Design (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Received an invite at 3:16 PM EST today! Yay!

Originally posted by nyartmba on 12 Oct 2015, 17:59.
Last edited by nyartmba on 12 Oct 2015, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools: Booth '18 (A)
Send PM
Canadian applicant here - received mine at 2:16pm Chicago time! Good luck everyone!!
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
FROM Booth Admissions Blog: Building My Booth Experience

I could feel the buzz from the moment I stepped in the front doors of the Harper Center. It was some combination of curiosity, passion and comradery - and it was everywhere.  And, as I stepped foot into the admissions office, I found it there as well. The admissions office was exactly the environment I’d been seeking, a team of driven and extraordinarily welcoming individuals working on providing prospective students and applicants with the best experience possible - and having fun while doing so!

Since starting my role with Chicago Booth Full-Time MBA Admissions in September, each interaction, with both students and staff, has served as proof of the ideals that stand behind the school. Coming from an undergraduate experience where students were extraordinarily passionate about their university, I was skeptical of finding that sense of pride in another institution. I can absolutely say that the same deep passion and excitement is here at Booth.

In my role as the Assistant Director of Admissions Outreach I am given the opportunity to help express these aspects of Booth to prospective students. I work planning informational events in cities across the globe to help prospective students learn about the Booth experience, and connect them with alumni and current students. It hardly seems like work most days, as Booth’s “pay-it-forward” culture speaks strongly for itself.  As we develop global outreach plans, we are overwhelmed by eager alumni and current students across the world who are volunteering to tell their Booth story. Students feel so passionately about the institution that they constantly seek out ways in which they can extend the Booth experience. It is a passion that makes me even more excited to build a Booth experience of my own.

In my first month at Booth I have found something extraordinary. I look forward to each day for both the opportunities it provides to widen my Booth perspective and the ability to share that with you on this blog!

Kelsey
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 82 [0]
Given Kudos: 87
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GRE 1: Q170 V160
Send PM
nyartmba wrote:
Received an invite at 3:16 PM EST today! Yay!

Can you please provide some detail on your profile?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44
GPA: 3.3
Send PM
Invited yesterday.

Russian male, 760 GMAT, assistant manager at big4 advisory
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
MV23 wrote:
According to an old P&Q article, about 50% applicants are interviewed, 44% of the interviewed candidates are admitted and 61% of them accept the admit offer.
MBAAlex120 wrote:

So, less than half. Any tips on how to prepare? I've read a lot of advice on that, but still feel like there is more, if it's such a competitive process.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [1]
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Kudos
Just received my interview as well. Really excited!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 180 [0]
Given Kudos: 93
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3.2
WE:Accounting (Consulting)
Send PM
MV23 wrote:
According to poetsAndQuants, there is a method to the madness. They use First In First Out method for reviewing the applications, so it's probable that the admits are rolled out in the same order

I'm not sure that's correct, I submitted on the last day. Considering GMAT's of invited students, it's possible they have some baskets based on GMAT (for convenience). Let's wait for the next wave of invitees.

Originally posted by kvazar on 13 Oct 2015, 02:25.
Last edited by kvazar on 13 Oct 2015, 02:36, edited 2 times in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Invitation received. GMAT 730, GPA 3.4, management consulting in Hong Kong.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 275 [1]
Given Kudos: 537
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
Kudos
raychuacy wrote:

Your gmat gives me some hope:)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Ergenekon wrote:
raychuacy wrote:

The average GMAT score is 732, meaning there are half of the students scoring lower than 730 ...
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 275 [0]
Given Kudos: 537
Concentration: Strategy, Healthcare
Schools: Sloan '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
raychuacy wrote:
Ergenekon wrote:
raychuacy wrote:

The average GMAT score is 732, meaning there are half of the students scoring lower than 730 ...

I know. Just seeing scores previous invited makes a person wonder ...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  7   8   9   10   11   12   13  ...  61   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6917 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts